Parental Advisory for A Thousand Suns

Nameless

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does LP got to go this route for. I very much enjoyed HT and Meteora without the PA. Sometimes I find it when bands use curse words it seems childish to me, it's like they couldn't think of a better word to fit there so they just threw it in there. Save the cursing for live shows.

I don't see anything wrong with the band swearing. In my opinion, it's them being honest. If that is the word choice that they want on the song, they want it for a reason. It's a lot more than, "couldn't think of a word, let's cuss!"

I personally don't swear, but I've never had a problem hearing others swear, especially when it comes to music.

When it comes to music, I don't care if they swear. But because its PA i will most likely be buying it of itunes instead of picking up a physical copy. If an artist swears just to swear I usually don't like it. But I don't mind swearing. I mean, LP doesn't swear just to swear so its all good. I would prefer it without swear words, but I don't care if it has swear words.

Parental Advisory doesnt just mean Curse words. It could contain lyrics towards, religion, belief etc.

What? Really? I thought it was only for curse words. I didn't know they put PA on there if it was towards religious stuff. That's fucked up!

Why does LP got to go this route for. I very much enjoyed HT and Meteora without the PA. Sometimes I find it when bands use curse words it seems childish to me, it's like they couldn't think of a better word to fit there so they just threw it in there. Save the cursing for live shows.

Agreed.

Given Up is tolerable but Bleed It Out is very childish. HHH, meh, he could use something different. I'd rather LP not cuss on the albums.

At the LPU M&G in bonner springs in 08, we asked chester and mike what they thought about the PA stuff on minutes to midnight...they said they don't put anything on there unless it is what they are really feeling and whether they feel it is necessary. They also said Rick Rubin told them feel free to let go with it, there are no limits or restrictions.

I'm a cursing fiend, so when an artist or band curses I actually relate to it better and it allows me to connect to the emotions of the song better and I think it allows the artist to express more of their own emotions since they're not limited my language. However, I could really care less since these guys have proven they can kick ass with and without excessive language. With how epic and dark this album seems to becoming its not that big of a surprise that Mike or Chester will curse at all

What we tend to forget is that every word we speak was meaningless at one time. We all decided as a society what was "good" and "bad". It's not like saying "FUCK!" ruins the whole album. Yes, I just went there. :lol:

from bloodhoundgang's intro to hefty fine:

"[Jimmy Pop:] Eminem's gotta cuss in his raps to sell records, well me too, so f*** Will Smith!

[DJ Q-Ball:] That don't rhyme.

[Jimmy Pop:] Drats.

[both laugh]"

we know almost none of the lyrics of ats. isn't it a bit early speculations on why ats will have a pa?

we know almost none of the lyrics of ats. isn't it a bit early speculations on why ats will have a pa?

Lyrics from Wretches and Kings

Between the sparkling rays of the sun,

We will fly our way like turtle-shells into the abyss,

Through fiery mountains and cascading treasures for none,

We will f***ing fight until the rabbit king is f***ing missed.

Ha! Fooled you! Yeah, that was really lame...I'm sorry.

I remember a thread on LPL from a few weeks back that said ATS will have PA. I think there was a link to Amazon or something as a source too, I can't remember.

I'm not suprised, I don't even notice cursing in songs anymore as I've grown up listening to Eminem songs LOL, so LP swearing is no big deal for me.