"The Catalyst" Description

Blackened_Deather

haha "a radio dj". made me laugh, he is one of the biggest dj's in the UK for xfm, again one of the biggest Indie, rock and alternative stations.

The same Zane Lowe that interviewed the band on Gonzo, The Zane Lowe show before the MTM release.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After MTM dropped all we heard was "WHAR IS JOE!!1!one11!!!" . Now that Joe plays a much more significant role people are complaining. Good god.

Lol now it's gonna be "WHERE THE HELL IS BRAD SCREW JOE!!!"

Man LP fans are NEVER appeased, it's like Muse.

Just i wanna know WHY LP MAKE THE THINGS LIKE THIS.

Why lose the LP that the fans like,

Fans like lp cuz they know HT

Why "make other things, new things," if the old things are the better things.

Why make us feelling bad cuz lp is changing totally.

Why resign to all the better shows of LP (2003-2004)

with all crowd crazy, jumping and fighting.

Why not put in every show this energy that lp maked in old shows.

brad jumping in the stage, rob falling in the stage,

Lol now it's gonna be "WHERE THE HELL IS BRAD SCREW JOE!!!"

Man LP fans are NEVER appeased, it's like Muse.

Haha yes, but being a Muse fan is quite frustrating. Having the same live set list for five years straight can be quite draining.

why don't you go listen to the Jonas Brothers or Bieber?

why don't you go listen to the Jonas Brothers or Bieber?

lol good work. seriously this guy should think about what he says before posting...yes fans deserve consideration but they're artists (and now adults) that want to try new things and make their music even better. Mike says it's fantastic and this dj liked it, so let's just wait and see :)

Jesus is your fault, you have the possibility to change everything right? :lol:

I am afraid of this song The Catalyst :huh:

man , how could u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after listening to the previews even u fear , why do u go with words of some random dj or any person , u know how it feels the first time when u heard it , if ur still not convinced maybe try to hear the

, im sure u might feel a lot more better , catalyst is gonna be the top charts in billboards for sure , ive have no doubt abt it , im feeling itz gonna create a huge impact in music industry than New divde :)

lol good work. seriously this guy should think about what he says before posting...yes fans deserve consideration but they're artists (and now adults) that want to try new things and make their music even better. Mike says it's fantastic and this dj liked it, so let's just wait and see :)

haha yep. If LP made music for the fans.. then they are sellouts to themselves, and the music would be crap because whatever they write is not truly from the soul

man , how could u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after listening to the previews even u fear , why do u go with words of some random dj or any person , u know how it feels the first time when u heard it , if ur still not convinced maybe try to hear the

, im sure u might feel a lot more better , catalyst is gonna be the top charts in billboards for sure , ive have no doubt abt it , im feeling itz gonna create a huge impact in music industry than New divde :)

No doubt, being that LP is one of, if not THE number one band for Warner Brothers.. that they want them to sell super good.. but personally.. i don't care if they are not number one or anything. I just want to music to be good to my ears

Edited by FaiNt

haha yep. If LP made music for the fans.. then they are sellouts to themselves, and the music would be crap because whatever they write is not truly from the soul

Bingo. They can give back to their fans in other ways besides being their musical slaves.

I feel like this album is going to be sort of in the style of a way-less-dark-in-tone NIN album. One thing we know for sure is that the band absolutely loves the music they've just made, which excites me.

Bingo. They can give back to their fans in other ways besides being their musical slaves.

I feel like this album is going to be sort of in the style of a way-less-dark-in-tone NIN album. One thing we know for sure is that the band absolutely loves the music they've just made, which excites me.

yeah... i've seen a lot of NIN refernces being thrown with this album... i wonder if they actually played a role in any thing

drug use is bad..

Because they can.

Plenty of fans like the new material. It's not their fault that you don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of current Linkin Park fans got into them after Hybrid Theory came out. That album came out 10 years ago, the average age of LP's fanbase is about 16-18. I highly doubt there were thousands upon thousands of 6-8 year old kids were running around jamming to One Step Closer 10 years ago.

Better question: Why do the same thing over and over again?

If Minutes to Midnight had sounded like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I would no longer be a fan of this band. I know of numerous other people who feel the same way. People like me sure don't feel bad about the change.

Save for Chester's vocal issues, the band performs better now than they ever have. Take current-day Chester and super-impose his vocals over any show from 2003-2004, and I guarantee 95% of people listening to it would agree that the current shows sound better.

Because the band is TOTALLY in control of how their fans behave at concerts. I saw LP in 2007 and 2008, and there were tons of people jumping and moshing. Have you been to a show lately? I highly doubt it.

Gee, maybe because they're getting older?

When has Rob fallen on stage, and why would that be a good thing? Go watch any show from 2000-2001 when Brad still jumped around like crazy, then close your eyes and listen to his guitar parts - he was making mistakes left and right because he was jumping around too much, and even when he DID hit the right notes, they were often out of tune because he couldn't hold his hand steady while jumping.

If Minutes to Midnight had sounded like Hybrid Theory and Meteora, I would go so far as to say that there wouldn't even BE a fourth Linkin Park album, because it would've been lucky to go Gold, and Chester and Mike would've probably decided they'd be better off pursuing their various solo projects full-time.

Nobody cares about nu metal these days except for a few die-hards/delusional people who live in the past. Heard anything good from Adema lately? Did you know both Godsmack and Korn released new albums in the last few months? Crazy Town got back together a couple years ago, did you hear about that? No? Didn't think so. 95% of casual music listeners would also answer "no" to all of the above questions, because nobody pays attention to those kind of bands anymore.

I couldnt have said it any better Astat. I am sick of whining people saying "OMG LP HAZ CHANGED, HYBRID WAS THEIR BESTZ". Here's my problem with that. If LP made ANOTHER HT they wouldnt have lasted as long as they did. People get sick of hearing the same thing over and over again (KoRn, Dragonforce....the list goes on). For bands to survive they need to take risks and grow as musicians. Do you think Metallica would have lasted if they continued doing Kill em all? No and in return we got Black Album. Trent Reznor got panned by critics and NIN fans for making Downward Spiral. They kept saying oh man they changed they should make another Pretty Hate Machine. Trent has stated Spiral was great for him to make and he loves the album. Now look at NIN they have dominated musically.

To me MTM was a necessary album. I personally love that record because it showed LP has real talent. If MTM wasnt done then I doubt we'd be sitting on this forum having this argument at all because LP would've fallen apart. ATS I believe is going to be THE album for LP. It's going to show they arent a one trick pony and that they are going to continue to be a driving force in music. LP has ALOT of talent and its about time they they threw the gloves off and show it.

I wouldn't have been a fan of LP today if they didn't change for MTM. Hybrid Theory Part 3 would have ruined the band's whole career, and I know for a fact I would no longer be a fan, as well as tons of other fans everywhere. I have a strong feeling that A Thousand Suns will be their best work to date. I've been a LP fan since early 2002 and I have followed every single release since then. I wasn't this excited for Meteora, Live In Texas, Collision Course, Minutes To Midnight or Road To Revolution.

I couldnt have said it any better Astat. I am sick of whining people saying "OMG LP HAZ CHANGED, HYBRID WAS THEIR BESTZ". Here's my problem with that. If LP made ANOTHER HT they wouldnt have lasted as long as they did. People get sick of hearing the same thing over and over again (KoRn, Dragonforce....the list goes on). For bands to survive they need to take risks and grow as musicians. Do you think Metallica would have lasted if they continued doing Kill em all? No and in return we got Black Album. Trent Reznor got panned by critics and NIN fans for making Downward Spiral. They kept saying oh man they changed they should make another Pretty Hate Machine. Trent has stated Spiral was great for him to make and he loves the album. Now look at NIN they have dominated musically.

To me MTM was a necessary album. I personally love that record because it showed LP has real talent. If MTM wasnt done then I doubt we'd be sitting on this forum having this argument at all because LP would've fallen apart. ATS I believe is going to be THE album for LP. It's going to show they arent a one trick pony and that they are going to continue to be a driving force in music. LP has ALOT of talent and its about time they they threw the gloves off and show it.

I completely agree. I agree MTM was a neccesary album for LP. I agree that they wouldn't be around anymore if they didn't make it. Nu-Metal is not big anymore. I think ATS is going to be LP's best album.