"The Catalyst" Description

Blackened_Deather

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Very little guitar"

Oh well, it's not like he was saying this for the entire album.

Plus, maybe the song didnt sound right with a lot of guitar.

I'm sure the rest of the cd will have losts of guitar especially because the ATS 6 track samples said there were a lot of guitars in the some of the songs. I hope the album has lots of guitar. But I think The Catalyst sounds cool without guitar (at least the clips i have heard)

Well there are songs that Mike plays the main part, or songs where all focus is on Chester. So I don't mind having songs that are focused on the DJ rather than guitar driven. Ofc there will be songs that will have guitars from the first to the last second. So I am not worried about the Catalyst having "very little guitar"

A radio DJ called Zane Lowe just tweeted about "The Catalyst":

"Listening to new Linkin Park 'The Catalyst' right now. Very good. And not what I expected at all."

"Sound wise, very little guitar replaced by an up tempo, almost jungle rhythm, urgent synth line and a really strong vocal."

Source: twitter.com/zanelowe

I am afraid of this song The Catalyst :huh:

Well, there goes my hope that this song would maybe have a secret TOTALLY unexpected guitar solo which we haven't heard. I'm hoping we will have more guitar solos on the new album though. That is one good thing that the band learned from M2M and they need to improve/continue on it.

Even though he says there's not a lot of guitar, the guitar that I've already heard from the previews was awesome. It was subtle and not loud, but it was still enough to make the song much better. Maybe it doesn't need a lot of guitar. Just some guitar in the right places which I think it has.

A radio DJ called Zane Lowe just tweeted about "The Catalyst":

"very little guitar replaced by an up tempo"

I am foreign so i might get this wrong, but doesnt that mean that very little of the guitar parts could of have been replaced, and not that there is very little guitar on the song. He never said, there is little guitar at all.

Well, there goes my hope that this song would maybe have a secret TOTALLY unexpected guitar solo which we haven't heard. I'm hoping we will have more guitar solos on the new album though. That is one good thing that the band learned from M2M and they need to improve/continue on it.

Even though he says there's not a lot of guitar, the guitar that I've already heard from the previews was awesome. It was subtle and not loud, but it was still enough to make the song much better. Maybe it doesn't need a lot of guitar. Just some guitar in the right places which I think it has.

According to the ATS 6 track sampler, there are a couple songs with guitar solos. and that is just 6 songs. There could be more solos also in the other 9 songs.

According to the ATS 6 track sampler, there are a couple songs with guitar solos. and that is just 6 songs. There could be more solos also in the other 9 songs.

Yea, that's true. I remember them saying that one song from the sampler had Brad soloing at the end of the song. I'm sure there will be solos on other songs though also.

Yea, that's true. I remember them saying that one song from the sampler had Brad soloing at the end of the song. I'm sure there will be solos on other songs though also.

That song's called Iridescent

We don't know that for sure yet

the band is consulting this song in the last LPTV.. it's totally similar to "third song" from french review (mike singing the verse, chester chorus, brad's solo at the end)

Well i dont mine.

there is a reason for Linkin Park to pick this one for the Lead and First single.

so i think and sure that when i hear the song , I will understand Why.

i agree with you totally. and i also feel that we will know why they put it at the end of the album as well, especially if the messenger is an instrumental...

When you're making a song/track you gotta KNOW when you can add a certain instrument.

Less is more. The guitar we've heard so far fits the song, also the song is really busy and adding more instruments can clutter the whole song.

Besides..... it's not even September yet so hold your breath untill then!

Not trying to be sarcastic/smart ass but, if people want "The Catalyst" to have guitars, why don't you remix it and add guitars yourself hahaha.

After MTM dropped all we heard was "WHAR IS JOE!!1!one11!!!" . Now that Joe plays a much more significant role people are complaining. Good god.

Then we'll have more Brad and Mike next album and everyone'll be like "WHERE'S CHESTER Q-Q"