2nd Show In Chile...?

hahninator

LPL user blaster667 posted in Got News? today and informed of us a newspaper article that says LP is working on playing a second show in Chile. The same newspaper that FIRST reported the band was playing in Santiago well before it was announced is now reporting that negotiations are well under way for a second show in Chile, this time at Santiago's Teatro Caupolicán. I believe that this venue seats only about 5,000.

HOWEVER, the date they are giving is the 11th of October, the day LP is in Brazil. We all know they won't do two shows in one day so it's possible it could be on the 10th or the 12th.

The article says that it was not announced initially because Linkin Park is a big international attraction for the Maquinaria Festival and they didn't want to hurt ticket sales for that festival by announcing two LP shows at once in the same city. It also says that they are not worried about the attendance for the second show due to a big demand for LP in Chile.

The article tells us that the promoter is doing something that is fairly common in Chile, and they draw an analogy to the 2009 show by the band Faith No More. With that band, the promoter had them play a show at a huge venue and then a few days later played a small, intimate concert.

With all the info the article gives on the promoter and details about the band in Chile, it seems that the promoter is trying pretty hard to get a 2nd show. LP already is playing on the 11th so it'd have to be another day. The point is, it seems they are trying to get LP back in Santiago for another show immediately after the festival. This is just a rumor, but hopefully this ends up happening! This would be LP's third show in South America this year.

Source here. Thanks to blaster667 for the heads up and linkin_boss for the translation and discussion on the article!

This is off topic. But, Hahninator, apparently your "equal" has surfaced in the serious discussion forms challenging you to a battle. He or she is going by the name Robocop.

On topic. More South America would be awesome. Even though I won't be attending, the DSP's should be great as said.

another show in chile will be pretty awesome

chile deserves LP and palmeiras deserves valdivia

haha

I've just read that Valdivia is back in Palmeiras! :D

On topic: I must say that I'm impressed. I seriously doubt this would be possible though. We'll see.

I remember Mike saying in his blog that they are not playing in venues for less than 15,000 people, so I can't imagine why they would do it now. I've been in Teatro Caupolican, and the venue is really small, really intimate. As Mark said, no more than 5,000 people. I hope it is true, but I'm a bit skeptical about this show.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

I've just read that Valdivia is back in Palmeiras! :D

On topic: I must say that I'm impressed. I seriously doubt this would be possible though. We'll see.

I remember Mike saying in his blog that they are not playing in venues for less than 15,000 people, so I can't imagine why they would do it now. I've been in Teatro Caupolican, and the venue is really small, really intimate. As Mark said, no more than 5,000 people. I hope it is true, but I'm a bit skeptical about this show.

That's so not true. They are playing at a venue with less than 10k ppl in this years european tour. More exactly the venue in Linz, Austria. Edited by Derbyster

This is off topic. But, Hahninator, apparently your "equal" has surfaced in the serious discussion forms challenging you to a battle. He or she is going by the name Robocop.

Why did you make a new account and post that? I don't understand.

Mmm I see.

I've found this post on Mike's blog: http://mikeshinoda.com/2010/02/22/in-response-2-of-2-2/

Q: “When will you come to my country?” – Everyone

M: There are fans from all over the world who always ask this question. There were some of you from South America, the Middle East, and Africa that posted here, asking this same question once again…I don’t know the answer. But if you’re serious about making it happen, here’s something that might help: show your biggest concert promoters that there will be a massive Linkin Park fanbase attending the (potential) show. One idea: start a petition. Make it known to the people who promote the biggest concerts in your area; but keep in mind that there would probably have to be about 15,000-30,000 LOCAL NAMES on that petition in order for it to work. Then the concert promoters will say, “great, we’ll have a successful show here,” and they would work on making it happen…But if you’re just asking because you didn’t have a better question, that’s fine, too.

I would like to know those when was the last time LP played in a small venue ... Is it the Webster Hall show in 2007?

Mmm I see.

I've found this post on Mike's blog: http://mikeshinoda.com/2010/02/22/in-response-2-of-2-2/

I would like to know those when was the last time LP played in a small venue ... Is it the Webster Hall show in 2007?

A friend of mine was there (Sal) he said it was no more than 500 people which is weird looking at the recordings.

Why did you make a new account and post that? I don't understand.

I didn't. A friend of mine did while he was over. He's another huge LP fan like me and he saw your display name and asked why their isn't a ROBocop to counter act you. So I told him why not create an account and do so. So he did and wants to battle. I have nothing to do with whatever else he's planning. I swear. Edited by FORTsunrise

I think this 2nd Show in Chile will be possible but not in Chile, im thinking in Argentina because i have heared from various sources they told me that a couple of producers are trying to take LP to Argentina, maybe this new Date could be in Argentina and not in Chile...

Will be awesome another Show, LP will love us... we are a different crowd, totally different...

Mmm I see.

if small is below 15k then oh man i could name a ton, but for example Riga 2008 even, where i personally went, and i would say that 5k venues aren't THAT intimate. I went to DBS @ brussels. there were ~580 tickets sold and really small venue. That is what i call intimate and boy did it rock:D

Mmm I see.

i think the last time LP played a small venue was either KEY CLUB 2007 or Club Ritual Opening . one of those two i know at the top of my head. Im not counting the PR08 Rehearsals :P