"Did You Know" Facts

Anality

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Submit some via this thread :P This can be the thread for that.

41. To audition for the band, Chester recorded vocals over the 4 Xero tracks to send to the guys. To date, the tracks have never been released.

from the LPU chat:

Q: "What was the first demo you were sent from the band?"

Chester: "I think it had the original version of Place for my Head. That was the song that I got."

don't know if he also recorded vocals over this song...

Did you know that Brad Delson played an short acoustic rendition of Britney Spears' "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" during his speech at UCLA back in 2009.

Proof:

As interesting as that was, I found it very interesting that he said that his college bands were Xero, Xero 818, and Hybrid Theory

So (as far as we know), it was Xero>Xero 818>Hybrid Theory>Lincoln Park>Linkin Park?

I Googled this right after and someone said it was a nearby area code, and 818 reminded me of Eminem's pre-record label song "313", and I Googled that, and it's Detroit's area code, where he grew up. Pretty cleaver, I think it is atleast

Edited by TripleXero

As interesting as that was, I found it very interesting that he said that his college bands were Xero, Xero 818, and Hybrid Theory

So (as far as we know), it was Xero>Xero 818>Hybrid Theory>Lincoln Park>Linkin Park?

I Googled this right after and someone said it was a nearby area code, and 818 reminded me of Eminem's pre-record label song "313", and I Googled that, and it's Detroit's area code, where he grew up. Pretty cleaver, I think it is atleast

Like Slipknot's IOWA album's intro is named as [515], which is a military area code of Iowa state.

A few more to add:

-Did you know that an unreleased recording of "Rhinestone" by Xero (not the same version that'son the Xero demo tape) was featured in episode #20 ("Brothers Keeper") of the TV series The Crow: Stairway to Heaven? (This is recent news, obviously, but I figured it would be a good idea to post it in here so it gets added at some point).

-Did you know that the intro sample to "Fuse" by Xero ("Of course, you know what a fuse is. It's a long piece of cord, impregnated with gunpowder. When you strike a match and light it, it burns, fitfully, sputteringly, to its end...at which there is a little surprise.") was taken from a record called "Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House" that was released on Disneyland records? Proof/more info:

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilling,_Thr...e_Haunted_House

-Did you know that "RNW@Y" uses a sample of "Nursery Rhyme/Breather" by Unkle?

More precisely, 818 is one of the area codes for the San Fernando Valley area, which is where LP is from. That's also the origin of the line "testing the 818th battalion" in Stick N' Move.

As far as being a band name, I find it much more likely that Brad's either joking or just doesn't have the greatest memory, because every other documentation of the band's history suggests that Chester joined Xero, who then changed their name to Hybrid Theory. "Xero 818" might be a proposed band name that they never ended up using or something like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we should add a few about Rob, It seems like hes one of the only member who doesnt get a fact.

Something simple can be.

"Rob wears Puma racing shoes where he is drumming both live and in the studio because he believes it helps him feel his pedals better."

Facts about the Bassman: Middle name's Michael, have brothers named Joe and Tyler, shortest member of band.

Joe's the youngest in his family and only one with sisters. Only one without a middle name. He and Rob are the only ones not married. Joe's divorced and Rob is just single, lol!

I thought I'd put this in here..

The Lotus leaf symbol featured on many Fort Minor and some Linkin Park CDs, is the Shinoda kamon (Family Crest).

(I can't really confirm that, apart from this picture)

Yeah I think your right about that, I've seen those Crests on quite some items, Like CD Remix Shoes, Fort Minor Singles, Booklets etc..

Yeah I think your right about that, I've seen those Crests on quite some items, Like CD Remix Shoes, Fort Minor Singles, Booklets etc..

I think we need to ask mike just to confirm on this one. Mainly because ive seen the symbol on a the back of a Resturant. I knew i had saw the the symbol somewhere, and it was bugging me for a week or two, and then i went to the city a month or two later, and saw it on the wall of some Sushi or japanese food take away type place. I took a picture :). so, it may just be a random japanese symbol. Id be really happy it were the Shinoda crest, since I think i may be the first or one of the first to figure that out :P