10th Anniversary Of Hybrid Theory...Live Treats?

hahninator

So the 10th year anniversary of Hybrid Theory is this year. Do you think the band will do anything special for it live? Like maybe throughout the 3 setlists rotate in all the Hybrid Theory songs?

I would be willing to say they'll play a few HT tunes that haven't been played in a while, and in doing so, it'll be only for the South American/European Tours in 2010. I bet after this year they'll drop those songs again. It seems LP does some pretty special stuff in Europe (2008 had Reading My Eye, for example) so I think this will be a good time for the band to give Hybrid Theory it's recognition live it deserves.

Thoughts? If they do play some treats off the CD, what songs do you think they'll play? Obviously they already play In The End, One Step Closer and Crawling, with a big chance of Points Of Authority. Do you think we'll get Papercut, Pushing Me Away, With You, etc? What about Cure For The Itch? Or Forgotten, which hasn't been touched since 2002? Pushing Me Away (studio) wasn't played from 2002-mid 2008 but was brought back in Europe in 2008. It's worth a discussion!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope they add some old tracks back to the set. Forgotten would be really awesome, but let's stay realistic^^

I see them playing By Myself, With You, Papercut and A Place For My Head again on the next tour :D

Hope we get maybe also some nice stuff from Meteora back to the setlist, like Figure.09 or Easier To Run.

I also hope they rotate their sets again like they did in 2007 and 2008.

I would die for With you and Forgotten.

And A place for my head again pls...it was great and full of energy when I saw it the last time in Mannheim.

And I tell you...the're going to open the set with Papercut (and a brand new intro)!

Edited by wiiesel

LOL I think it's pretty undisputed that everyone wants A Place For My Head. I damned myself for missing Nashville 2008 - I really thought I'd never see that song live. But maybe this is the chance?

Pretty sure they could bring an arena crashing to the fucking ground if they did an encore of Crawling (w/ KRWLNG intro), A Place For My Head (extended intro/bridge) and One Step Closer (Reanimated intro, Reanimated bridge and extended outro). Good god. That's even better than New Divide/Faint/One Step Closer.

How conflicting! Hybrid Theory's 10th anniversary and the new album....who will come out on top in the setlists?

This. Knowing LP it'll be a setlist with all singles + new songs. If I spend $2,000 on a London trip for just that....lol gonna be semi-disappointed. I've seen Numb 9 times - please rotate it.

LOL I think it's pretty undisputed that everyone wants A Place For My Head. I damned myself for missing Nashville 2008 - I really thought I'd never see that song live. But maybe this is the chance?

Pretty sure they could bring an arena crashing to the fucking ground if they did an encore of Crawling (w/ KRWLNG intro), A Place For My Head (extended intro/bridge) and One Step Closer (Reanimated intro, Reanimated bridge and extended outro). Good god. That's even better than New Divide/Faint/One Step Closer.

Mr. Shinoda needs to stop reading my posts and start reading yours! THISSS!!!!

Metallica did that once at Rock am Ring 2008.

They played the entire "Master of Puppets" in the correct order.

LP should do the same for the 10th anniversary but they have to add some other songs. Otherwise it would be a short set ^^

Would love to see Pushing Me Away studio version live again, Forgotten would be really cool to see come back, in addition to just some older ones in general (that are semi-realistic) such as High Voltage or Nobody's Listening.

The original version of Pushing Me Away has a quality of high passion, and despair at the same time. I had no idea they played it live, but watched the PR08 Düsseldorf rendition, and enjoyed it. If Mike were to do the raps as passionate as they sound on the album (or just older live shows in gen) and Chester were to maybe just push that "rasp" out of his voice, just a tiny tiny bit, this song would be a GEM.

oddly: Don't know if I'd be that excited for APFMH only because we've seen it so many times (at least it feels like) and they played it on the U.S. Arena Tour, idk, despite loving the song, I just don't see the need for it to be played live (for the fans) like the others should be.

Edited by cstebila

Holy shit, yeah... This would be amazing although I saw Cure For The Itch/A Place For My Head/ Faint/ One Step Closer as the encore in Düsseldorf and this was just wow... only high engery songs. <3

I think we can count in Papercur for sure. A shame they didn't play it in 2009, it's a classic but I'm pretty sure they'll bring it back for this year.

So, I really hope for With You as the opener and By Myself. Throw in these two songs together with Easier To Run and Figure.09 and we have the perfect setlist :D