Heavy Metal Legend Dio Dies

LPPRJKT4

At 7:45 AM this morning, heavy metal pioneer Ronnie James Dio passed away from stomach cancer. Friends and family were able to say goodbye to the music legend before he peacefully passed away. The entire article can be read here, but the server is down at the current second. It should be back up soon I assume. Normally this is an LP site but I believe this deserves to be a news post because without someone like Ronnie, LP wouldn't even exist. Fans will remember Dio for his work in Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Elf, and most recently his side project Heaven and Hell. Heaven and Hell actually had plans to tour this summer but had to cancel due to Dio being hospitalized. Linkin Park fans will remember Heaven and Hell as the opening act before LP during Sonisphere as well. R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio, you were a heavy metal legend everywhere! We raise our devil horns to you!

Source

Edit by Wilderness:

Rest in peace, Dio. I heard the news this morning but had no comfirmed sources, and was sadly suprised to finally read confirmation on his official site by his wife Wendy. I enjoyed watching your show at Sonisphere in the pouring rain, as the opening act to Linkin Park... RIP Dio.

Edited by LPPRJKT4

"Bla bla sob sob"

U might wanna stfu there, some of us actually care that Dio died, once again had he not been born u wud not even be commenting on this thread, so go listen to justin beiber u lil ignorant loser, I'd like to say much more unfortunately I RESPECT the rules and the thread that I made to mourn the loss of a legend, once again go listen to your justin beiber records u ignorant dickwad.

U might wanna stfu there, some of us actually care that Dio died, once again had he not been born u wud not even be commenting on this thread, so go listen to justin beiber u lil ignorant loser, I'd like to say much more unfortunately I RESPECT the rules and the thread that I made to mourn the loss of a legend, once again go listen to your justin beiber records u ignorant dickwad.

I like how you turned this thread into a Justin Bieber thread.

This thread is getting seriously off topic and turning into something that it shouldn't.

If I see any more negative comments I will be deleting them.

Respect those of us that are sad over the death of a great musician, and if you can't do that then don't comment. Even more so than that, respect the dead.

Oh the irony. :lol:

Yes, Jani gets a warning too, but unlike you, he wasn't already at a 50% warning level. Enjoy your vacation.

Hah, well I was going to be nice today, and not be the warning happy bitch everyone thinks I am. =D

R.I.P. RJD

Your music will remain forever!

This is so sad.... And now I could seriously kill myself for not going to their show last year due to the distance... By then I thought: Okay, I'm gonna see them next year... And now he's gone... Can't believe it! :(

I don't know if my quasi-nihilist worldview will allow me to post actual opinions on this forums (at times), just saying.

Didn't know he pioneered the devil horns though. Now not to get totally offtopic but I do have to comment, its kinda...interesting that the person who made this thread, is already banned. Maybe his lashing was out of sincere love for the rock star, or maybe he was just a semi-flamer. (am i flaming?)

Anyways...