MShinoda back on UStream

Nameless

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question (s)

do you listen to anything other than linkin park?

And

do you think the band will put out the album any faster if they saw yours and everyone elses complaints?

Actually, i listen to more bands than you can count, and prob. more bands than you do. LP is not even my Number one fav band.

Actually they should listen to complaints as they take multiple years to make a CD that is generic as fuck. But sorry if all us fans should just bow our heads and dare not question how fast or get impatient on how long it takes to make a god damn record.

They are pretty selfish by taking so long. If they want to go by their schedule and do things their way, then they should have making music as a hobby and not a profession.

Edited by FaiNt

Actually, i listen to more bands than you can count, and prob. more bands than you do. LP is not even my Number one fav band.

Actually they should listen to complaints as they take multiple years to make a CD that is generic as fuck. But sorry if all us fans should just bow our heads and dare not question how fast or get impatient on how long it takes to make a god damn record.

They are pretty selfish by taking so long. If they want to go by their schedule and do things their way, then they should have making music as a hobby and not a profession.

lol how can they be selfish? their perfectionists and take longer than most.

At least the've updated us frequently. one of my other band I like (finger Eleven) haven't released an album in 4 years, and their website is dead of any news watsoever. I only know there working on a new album through a fansite through a forum member that actually knows the band personaly (and even he says it will be out next year the earliest!)

LP are pretty much on time and on target as far as I'm consernd. I'll happly wait to Xmas to hear this CD. I dunno about you.

lol how can they be selfish? their perfectionists and take longer than most.

At least the've updated us frequently. one of my other band I like (finger Eleven) haven't released an album in 4 years, and their website is dead of any news watsoever. I only know there working on a new album through a fansite through a forum member that actually knows the band personaly (and even he says it will be out next year the earliest!)

LP are pretty much on time and on target as far as I'm consernd. I'll happly wait to Xmas to hear this CD. I dunno about you.

Then they should really hold back from making comments like " we wanna release music faster" " blah blah blah"

+

They're getting laid. Something most of us should do, instead of bitch about the album all the time.

get off your high horse. And if they aren't go keep up with those other bands you claim you listen to. Thats what myself and everybody else that listens to musicians other then Linkin Park are doing. Sorry you feel that way about MTM but the same thing can be said about Meteora in a way anyhow.

Also i think your pretty selfish for wanting so much out of a band that doesn't even need to throw a bone (even if it isnt impressive) in the form of a fanclub cd's, an application for the ipod system, etc;. They do more then enough right now to keep the fans interested . Or at least try. Out of every single fan of LP i know your the one that complains the most about them even dramatizing about them being so "coldblooded" Calm down and grow some patience. Also realize LP does not need to fulfill every "demand" or "wish" you make.

Remember

"Don't judge a person till you've walked a mile in his shoes."

And i dont even have to a explain this quote

</end rant>

</rant>

Well judging by the fact that they are testing mixers and that Mike was still recording vocals Im guessing that this album is 80-90% done. Typically, the vocals are the last thing recorded, so they probably have all or most the instrumentation done already. In my opinion we should most likely get this album this year.

Edited by SFCutthroat

nine inch nails' albums "ghosts" and "the slip" were both released right after they were finished.

"the slip" even got through mixing in 24 hours

because trent was working independently and released it for free without any form of promo.

I think one of these mixers ought to, you know, "accidentally" leak a song or 5 onto the internet.

And actually, re-watching the Ustream video, it seems like the album is really about to get into the final phases on completion. Or maybe I'm just being oddly optimistic right now.

I think one of these mixers ought to, you know, "accidentally" leak a song or 5 onto the internet.

And actually, re-watching the Ustream video, it seems like the album is really about to get into the final phases on completion. Or maybe I'm just being oddly optimistic right now.

True or not u just got my hopes up lol I hope ur right. I'd love to hear just a sample of the new stuff.

True or not u just got my hopes up lol I hope ur right. I'd love to hear just a sample of the new stuff.

The reason I feel optimistic is because I feel like the process of doing test mixes and picking the best ones really shouldn't take all that long. Just doesn't seem like a process that should take more than 2-4 weeks at longest.

That and the fact that Mike is taking his own time to mix a few songs himself, and that they are playing the music for Warner reps. This thing must be starting to hit the home stretch.

Edited by Xero21

+

get off your high horse. And if they aren't go keep up with those other bands you claim you listen to. Thats what myself and everybody else that listens to musicians other then Linkin Park are doing. Sorry you feel that way about MTM but the same thing can be said about Meteora in a way anyhow.

Also i think your pretty selfish for wanting so much out of a band that doesn't even need to throw a bone (even if it isnt impressive) in the form of a fanclub cd's, an application for the ipod system, etc;. They do more then enough right now to keep the fans interested . Or at least try. Out of every single fan of LP i know your the one that complains the most about them even dramatizing about them being so "coldblooded" Calm down and grow some patience. Also realize LP does not need to fulfill every "demand" or "wish" you make.

Remember

"Don't judge a person till you've walked a mile in his shoes."

And i dont even have to a explain this quote

</end rant>

</rant>

led zeppelin released 6 epic records in a span of 7 years. There are countless of other bands that have the ability to make great/good a/many record(s) in a shorter period of time than it takes LP to make ONE. I really don't care about fanclub stuff. Iphone games, stuff that doesn't actually matter. Coldblooded was an exaggeration and should be taken as such.

What is my unholy demand that I make of LP? That they perhaps... idk release music faster than it takes the earth to move around the sun? Or perhaps if that is impossible because they are the only "perfectionist" and can't do that. give little tid bits of whats going on with production of this "genre busting" album? Instead of spending time in minuscule activities. I have no prob. with lp doing activities other than stay in the studio for countless of hours. The prob i have is when it starts to seem like it unnecessarily effect the progress of the cd.

The fans are not interested in cool iphone apps or what kind of painters mike enjoys. They are interested in the music. Let me restate. The Music. (Yes i know that fans are interested in these things.)

I do keep up with other musicians, the only time i think about LP is when i come to this site. And really? "wanting so much out of LP".

I'll gladly be called the worst complainer if you gather that from what i state because that is truly laughable. Because what i ask for would take sooooooooooooo much energy for the band to do. or time.

LP please forgive me for being a consistent listener of your band, and wanting to hear about something thats going on with this new artistic push you have been angling for. As your first CD was your most "original" one to date. As your sophomore debt, while good, still lacked originality and showed little progress. Then 4 years later you give us a "compilation" of good songs that showed sign of promise in parts, but still lacked the depth and originality to be considered a great album. Now we are in the same predicament as we were with post met days, while waiting for MTM. You promise us, and repeatedly state that you yourselves want to release music faster, but never state how you would do that, or state what "faster" means to you guys. And you push back the date of the cd release and continue to give us no info that is worth glancing over concerning this new album. These fanclub "advantages" such as LPU Q&A with the band are the biggest waste of time, when the type of answers you give can be given by your management or your janitor from WMG. Thats cool that Chester toured with DBS. Thats cool you had an art show. Thats cool that you personally designed characters for your iphone game. Thats cool you have a 8 sec video from the studio of a laptop and Brad talking in his dry sarcastic monotonous voice about nothing at all. But instead of you know, keeping us in the dark for months at a time and so substance to really gather from this album, wth are you doing? I am just a fan asking for something worthwhile while we all wait for 4-5 years for a new cd that was promised to be fresh and come to us faster. Sorry for being a fan.

Edited by FaiNt

led zeppelin released 6 epic records in a span of 7 years. There are countless of other bands that have the ability to make great/good a/many record(s) in a shorter period of time than it takes LP to make ONE. I really don't care about fanclub stuff. Iphone games, stuff that doesn't actually matter. Coldblooded was an exaggeration and should be taken as such.

What is my unholy demand that I make of LP? That they perhaps... idk release music faster than it takes the earth to move around the sun? Or perhaps if that is impossible because they are the only "perfectionist" and can't do that. give little tid bits of whats going on with production of this "genre busting" album? Instead of spending time in minuscule activities. I have no prob. with lp doing activities other than stay in the studio for countless of hours. The prob i have is when it starts to seem like it unnecessarily effect the progress of the cd.

The fans are not interested in cool iphone apps or what kind of painters mike enjoys. They are interested in the music. Let me restate. The Music. (Yes i know that fans are interested in these things.)

I do keep up with other musicians, the only time i think about LP is when i come to this site. And really? "wanting so much out of LP".

I'll gladly be called the worst complainer if you gather that from what i state because that is truly laughable. Because what i ask for would take sooooooooooooo much energy for the band to do. or time.

LP please forgive me for being a consistent listener of your band, and wanting to hear about something thats going on with this new artistic push you have been angling for. As your first CD was your most "original" one to date. As your sophomore debt, while good, still lacked originality and showed little progress. Then 4 years later you give us a "compilation" of good songs that showed sign of promise in parts, but still lacked the depth and originality to be considered a great album. Now we are in the same predicament as we were with post met days, while waiting for MTM. You promise us, and repeatedly state that you yourselves want to release music faster, but never state how you would do that, or state what "faster" means to you guys. And you push back the date of the cd release and continue to give us no info that is worth glancing over concerning this new album. These fanclub "advantages" such as LPU Q&A with the band are the biggest waste of time, when the type of answers you give can be given by your management or your janitor from WMG. Thats cool that Chester toured with DBS. Thats cool you had an art show. Thats cool that you personally designed characters for your iphone game. Thats cool you have a 8 sec video from the studio of a laptop and Brad talking in his dry sarcastic monotonous voice about nothing at all. But instead of you know, keeping us in the dark for months at a time and so substance to really gather from this album, wth are you doing? I am just a fan asking for something worthwhile while we all wait for 4-5 years for a new cd that was promised to be fresh and come to us faster. Sorry for being a fan.

I stopped reading after sentence two. You really need to grab some fresh air man, instead of typing a novel bitching about LP. Please refer to my other post in this thread. They are most likely getting laid, causing the album delay. You should go get laid too. It will keep your mind off of LP and the album.

Disclaimer to staff and people who are easily offended: This is not a direct attack. More of a suggestion to go and get laid, because getting laid owns.

I stopped reading after sentence two. You really need to grab some fresh air man, instead of typing a novel bitching about LP. Please refer to my other post in this thread. They are most likely getting laid, causing the album delay. You should go get laid too. It will keep your mind off of LP and the album.

Disclaimer to staff and people who are easily offended: This is not a direct attack. More of a suggestion to go and get laid, because getting laid owns.

Lol, that isn't a novel by any means. I read what he posted while i was pissed off about something else. But nothing i said was wrong or an invalid opinion that i'm tired of having to explain. and me and my gf have a good love life, thank you very much and getting laid does own. :P

Lol, that isn't a novel by any means. I read what he posted while i was pissed off about something else. But nothing i said was wrong or an invalid opinion that i'm tired of having to explain. and me and my gf have a good love life, thank you very much and getting laid does own. :P

She must be pretty pissed off then that you spend more of your time complaining about LP then tappin' it.

When the band (I think it was Mike) stated that they wanted to release music faster, they didn't explicitly say they wanted to release an album faster. In the stretch between Minutes to Midnight's release and now they have released We Made It, Across the Line, Blackbirds, Not Alone, New Divide, two remixes, and a live album. That's quite a bit of new music even if it isn't a new album.

Here's some reality guys, I'm going to smack it into you complainers. Linkin Park don't have to do shit, they can quit and walk away and be done. They must like what they do and want to make it the best they can, so they do it at their own pace. Don't like it? Don't care. Sure they want to please the fans, without fans a band is nothing. But how can you when no matter what it's never good enough? Not all LP fans are like this, but a lot i'm seeing are. Sure some bands can come out with "Great" albums fast. Usually those bands write songs and have things completely ready when going into a studio, and don't have as many technological elements as Linkin Park. In terms of how they record, what they use instrument wise, and their sound. They explore every option in a song, have so many layers, and nailing those tones and effects takes a lot of time. Not to mention when it gets into the mixing/mastering phase it is a bitch to get all those layers correct.

And plus, they have personal lives and want to do other things. Mike does art, Chester wrote other music, boo hoo that it's not good enough for you guys. Grow up. A short little silly video is fun, it's trying to connect on personal levels I'd say. You're not in the dark, they say probably what a label will let them say. Or maybe they don't want to divulge specifics because fanatics take it on every word and twist then later use it against them if things don't go exactly the way as planned. In music, and especially recording, NOTHING GOES AS PLANNED. When things are concrete, you find out. Speculation from a band on any aspect of what they do is bad. It's proved that way in LP's case especially.

So point is? Move on! Wait for the CD if you want to hear it, go listen to some other music, play Halo, write a book, hell read a book if you want. Just don't come on here and expect that because you have an argument that Oh well this band did this, that other people are going to agree with you and join you in an angry mob or something. Life sucks doesn't it? But it doesn't have to, stop stressing over shit you can't control and let the professionals do what they know how to do. (I believe Hybrid Theory went Diamond right?)

Here's some reality guys, I'm going to smack it into you complainers. Linkin Park don't have to do shit, they can quit and walk away and be done. They must like what they do and want to make it the best they can, so they do it at their own pace. Don't like it? Don't care. Sure they want to please the fans, without fans a band is nothing. But how can you when no matter what it's never good enough? Not all LP fans are like this, but a lot i'm seeing are. Sure some bands can come out with "Great" albums fast. Usually those bands write songs and have things completely ready when going into a studio, and don't have as many technological elements as Linkin Park. In terms of how they record, what they use instrument wise, and their sound. They explore every option in a song, have so many layers, and nailing those tones and effects takes a lot of time. Not to mention when it gets into the mixing/mastering phase it is a bitch to get all those layers correct.

And plus, they have personal lives and want to do other things. Mike does art, Chester wrote other music, boo hoo that it's not good enough for you guys. Grow up. A short little silly video is fun, it's trying to connect on personal levels I'd say. You're not in the dark, they say probably what a label will let them say. Or maybe they don't want to divulge specifics because fanatics take it on every word and twist then later use it against them if things don't go exactly the way as planned. In music, and especially recording, NOTHING GOES AS PLANNED. When things are concrete, you find out. Speculation from a band on any aspect of what they do is bad. It's proved that way in LP's case especially.

So point is? Move on! Wait for the CD if you want to hear it, go listen to some other music, play Halo, write a book, hell read a book if you want. Just don't come on here and expect that because you have an argument that Oh well this band did this, that other people are going to agree with you and join you in an angry mob or something. Life sucks doesn't it? But it doesn't have to, stop stressing over shit you can't control and let the professionals do what they know how to do. (I believe Hybrid Theory went Diamond right?)

lol. thats nice, just like how you have a right to be silent and be patient. People have a right to have a disagreement on how things go

lol. thats nice, just like how you have a right to be silent and be patient. People have a right to have a disagreement on how things go

Why you stressing so much when LP is not even your no 1 band. And if you cant take it, just imagine "They are noobs and are learning how to hold their instruments that is why they are taking so long"......Or you could just be patient :P