MShinoda back on UStream

Nameless

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok sweet, so they should still be on track to get the album out by the end of the year hopefully.

There really is no excuse for it not to be since its in the mixing phase. September the latest

There really is no excuse for it not to be since its in the mixing phase. September the latest

Now wait a minute. Don't put words in Mike's mouth.

He didn't say the album was in the mixing phase. He said they were trying out different mixers. So, getting close to the mixing phase? Probably. But he also said he was still recording vocals so I don't think they're quite done.

He didn't say the album was in the mixing phase. He said they were trying out different mixers. So, getting close to the mixing phase? Probably. But he also said he was still recording vocals so I don't think they're quite done.

+1

+1

+2

honestly the record will never come out at this point lmao

I was just going off of what that poster said. If i wanted to put words into mikes mouth i would be more accurate and state that next march at the lastest. Its really getting outta hand on how long they are taking.

At this point, it's almost sure we won't get a new album this year...(at least to me)

According to what Mike said, they are close to the mixing phase...So let's say they would begin this in june. Then we would have to wait 3 months more. And then still a month for finalizing the record (packaging,...). After that, LP would have to go through all promotion stuff, which takes a lot of time (remember that an album is never released immediatly after he's finished). Let's say 3 or 4 months more.

So, all in all:

June + 3 months + 1 month + 3 or 4 months = january or february 2011...

And if LP gets involved with another project like New Divide or 8BR, it could be even later...

SHIT! LP is really to f*cking slow in putting out new records. It's such a shame to have to wait 3-4 years between each release! And I hates how Mike's pretending the album is "in progress". Man, it has been 3 damn years since the album is "in progress"! I know that complaining is not going to make the things better, but I'm angry, and want to express it...Anyway, I'm afraid about the upcoming LP tour...Don't think it's going to happen in 2010 either...Wish I'm wrong but...

Dude there are so many other records from great bands that have come out or are coming out this year. Sevendust, Godsmack, Deftones (awesome album), Nonpoint, Taproot, Korn, Ozzy, Disturbed, Seether, and not to mention new Stone Temple Pilots which is I believe will be the album of the year. Also, think of all the U2 fans old and new who HAVE to wait 5 years in between records.

Dude there are so many other records from great bands that have come out or are coming out this year. Sevendust, Godsmack, Deftones (awesome album), Nonpoint, Taproot, Korn, Ozzy, Disturbed, Seether, and not to mention new Stone Temple Pilots which is I believe will be the album of the year. Also, think of all the U2 fans old and new who HAVE to wait 5 years in between records.

Yes, I know. I'm a big listener of music, don't worry, and there are tons of albums who deserve attention: new Deftones (wich is great, indeed), new Cypress Hill, new Crystal Castles, Slash solo album,...and also old ones wich can be considered as new if you have never listened to them (I've been really into Anthrax those days). I was only complaining about LP, not about other artists ;)

I was just going off of what that poster said. If i wanted to put words into mikes mouth i would be more accurate and state that next march at the lastest. Its really getting outta hand on how long they are taking.

I agree it is getting a bit out of hand. However, the other poster didn't say anything about the album being completely in the mixing process, you did. And I was saying not to assume that, because Mike never said that.

Seether is putting a new CD out this year? Sweet.

Lots of good stuff. 10 Years coming in September. New AIC soon, new TCV soon.

So LPTV in the next 1-2 months actually means LPTV in November and an album in late spring or early summer next year? Sounds about right. New LPLive law says anything to do with album release timing or anything to do with the next LP CD that comes out of Mike's mouth, you have to automatically add 4 to 6 months to it for realism.

I agree it is getting a bit out of hand. However, the other poster didn't say anything about the album being completely in the mixing process, you did. And I was saying not to assume that, because Mike never said that.

Well, i was getting from what the poster said is that they are checking out mixers, which you can presume that the album is ready to mix, they just need a mixer.

Well, i was getting from what the poster said is that they are checking out mixers, which you can presume that the album is ready to mix, they just need a mixer.

No what I said was : Well atleast the new album is prob. nearing completion since they're checking out mixers. Anyone know how long it typically takes to mix an album?

Meaning since they're checking out mixers, the album may be nearly completed and ready to mix soon. I didnt mean that it was completed and ready to mix.

No what I said was : Well atleast the new album is prob. nearing completion since they're checking out mixers. Anyone know how long it typically takes to mix an album?

Meaning since they're checking out mixers, the album may be nearly completed and ready to mix soon. I didnt mean that it was completed and ready to mix.

I didn't say it was completed either. I said NEARING completion. I stated the exact same thing you did.

Depending on album release or whatever, another "New Divide" for the third Transformers movie (don't fuck it up this time Bay!) could also delay the new album.

It would be utterly ridiculous for them to pause completing the cd just for a movie or collab. This sht should be already done or very close to be done. its a joke.

Edited by FaiNt

I didn't say it was completed either. I said NEARING completion. I stated the exact same thing you did.

It would be utterly ridiculous for them to pause completing the cd just for a movie or collab. This sht should be already done or very close to be done. its a joke.

Serious question (s)

do you listen to anything other than linkin park?

And

do you think the band will put out the album any faster if they saw yours and everyone elses complaints?

do you think the band will put out the album any faster if they saw yours and everyone elses complaints?

This. They will release it when they are good and ready, on their schedule. The complaining accomplishes nothing.