Back In Studio!

Nameless

Chester came back in the studio with Linkin Park, and Mike released a brand new video!

From MS' Blog:

Yeah! Today I wrote a new chorus on piano, we automatic-wrote some vocals, brad copied and pasted an intro into an outro, and I paused to shoot this masterpiece of modern cinema! Holy crap!

Check the video here.

The only thing I got out of this is Chester has some serious jet-lag and realizes DBS is a joke.

[2]

chester is unhappy with dbs and maybe will regret the group (dbs) soon

Edited by ladygaga

[2]

chester is unhappy with dbs and maybe will regret the group (dbs) soon

I don't think he should ever regret making DBS, he just realize that LP is better and always will be and he should get back to working with his band LP, not some failed side project. :unsure:

He wasn't exactly going to flip it around and say DBS kicked more ass than LP.

Chester needs to give himself way more credit. From what i've seen, i thought DBS was kicking a lot of ass. I mean, LP was in the same boat as DBS when they first came out. And if by ass Chester is referring to the audience size, then that is an obvious duh! LP is an established act while DBS is a new baby.

I don't think he should ever regret making DBS, he just realize that LP is better and always will be and he should get back to working with his band LP, not some failed side project. :unsure:

Word. Chester needs to cheer up. OOA was a cool album. I don't think it is a failed side project. Chester just needs to get rid of whatever expectations he has and just let the dices fall. Only time will tell if it is a failed project. If more than a hundred people show up to watch you play, i don't think it is a failure. I hope Chester doesn't give up. It would be so unlike him. If he had given up when things got rough, we wouldn't have LP today.

And seriously people, harsh much? I mean i know DBS wasn't everyone's cup of tea but those a pretty mean words.

hmm...Does it really mean he thinks DBS sucks?

His just mega tired imo and for obvious reasons won't start hyping DBS in a video, where all the watchers are LP fans.

No, it doesn't mean DBS sucks. It means exactly what he said. He feels that they kicked some ass but not as much ass as Linkin Park. He could have been upset or referring to a couple of the live performances from the shows that didn't go well. I think he knows Linkin Park is a better band and I think most of us would probably agree. And like Alex said, he's obviously not going to twist it around and say DBS kicks more ass.

As much as some of you would love to put words in Chester's mouth and hope to god that he is starting to agree with you and admit that the project was a failure or sucked, he didn't do that in this video. It's fairly obvious that he's been disappointed in a couple things but he's never said anything about the actual music on the record being bad or the project being an all out failure. That's you saying that. Not him. There's no doubt though that he's questioned the record and the project at times but this is mainly because of the shitty promotion it received.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

I read the comments at school so I couldn't see the video. I was expecting Chester to be saying a LOT more then what he did based on these comments. I think some people took his comments to far.

Personally I loved DBS. I think Chester just set his expectations a bit too high. Or he could've been trying to assure fans that he puts LP first. This article makes me think its the latter:

http://images47.fotki.com/v422/fileaW0w/896a1/1/165087/5787937/MSClan_com_Kerrang_300120100.jpg

I read the comments at school so I couldn't see the video. I was expecting Chester to be saying a LOT more then what he did based on these comments. I think some people took his comments to far.

Personally I loved DBS. I think Chester just set his expectations a bit too high. Or he could've been trying to assure fans that he puts LP first. This article makes me think its the latter:

http://images47.fotki.com/v422/fileaW0w/896a1/1/165087/5787937/MSClan_com_Kerrang_300120100.jpg

That was an interesting read. :P Obviously though, LP is his top priority and always will be. I don't see how it makes you think the latter. So he still used drugs and drank up until 2008? Damn.

Edited by Geki

Based on his twitter, he's got to be a little disappointed by the album's performance. I think the songs are fine, personally. It wasn't promoted well. I think WB(?) just slapped the "Chester Bennington of LP" and hoped to hell someone would buy it because of that and that was it for promotion.

I don't think there's much to read into Chester's remarks, though. If he said DBS kicked more ass than LP, some would be in here calling for his head...dude can't seem to win.