The Demo List Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know this is probably a dead thread now, but i'm confused about demos that are "on" the frat party dvd etc.

if it's a dvd, how do you get audio tracks off the disc?... or am i being stupid and missing something ;)

First of all - it's video that's on DVD.

And second - ripping videos from DVD is a piece of cake, and then ripping audio from that video is as easy.

And even if it was audio only - it's also not that hard to rip it, as I did with all the instrumental snippets on that DVD.

• 3 months later...

are you sure this is actually a demo? it really doesn't sound too different from the HT album release.

EDIT: I'm guessing it's one of those "demos" where its just that things are mixed differently...?

This.

The mixing is different, that's all. And the name :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

can anyone shed some light on the chronology of all of this?

I know that Xero is 1997, the 8-Track is 1999 and the 6-Track is from 2000, but there are tons of these demo tapes where people say "yeah, the last two or so tracks are from older CDs" etc.

can anyone put the demos in a rough order of creation/recording? (if possible - I know that no-one's going to know exact dates...)

The way I have them ordered is this:

- Hybridtheory.com Demos

- 9-Track "Demos" CD

- 8-Track She Couldn't CD

- 7-Track She Couldn't Omitted CD

- 2-Track Demo

- May 8th 99X CD

- Plaster Mix 1 of 4

- Studio Finals

- Ozzfest 2000

- Raw Power (? I don't have this one so I don't know what it sounds like)

And of course the Xero demo and HTEP go before all of those.

I have no idea if this is even remotely right, but it's what I'm going with.

• 1 month later...

I think these tracks were shared on lpfuse around 2005-2006.

Thanks. Found it:

Come On - Special Featured Download

Posted by Energy on 24 Aug 2005 09:38 pm

Linkin Park

LPcollectors.com, LPAssociation.com and LPFuse.co.uk proudly present 3 previously unreleased tracks to all Linkin Park fans. It is with great pleasure that we offer these tracks, recorded between 1992 and 1994 by the band that would be come to be known as Grey Daze - Kill The Flies, a track released on the 'Sean Dowdell and His Friends' 3 track cassette; Commit and Come On, 2 previously unreleased demo tracks which were never completed.

Many thanks to all the people who have helped get these songs out to the public. They know who they are... Without your help, these songs may have gone even longer without being heard. A special thanks to a certain former Grey Daze member, who authorized the release of these tracks and may even download them himself after all these years. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I definitely wouldn't call Complimentary a demo - it's more of a demonstration track made with the program. I think, actually, all of these might be songs made with the program for demonstration purposes, so they wouldn't be classified as demos.

I definitely wouldn't call Complimentary a demo - it's more of a demonstration track made with the program. I think, actually, all of these might be songs made with the program for demonstration purposes, so they wouldn't be classified as demos.

Pretty sure COMPLIMENTARY is a song Mike just made recently. Pretty sure the others are legit LP demos from a while back.

Pretty sure COMPLIMENTARY is a song Mike just made recently. Pretty sure the others are legit LP demos from a while back.

the title in mikeshinoda.com:

"Free Linkin Park Song: “Complimentary” by Mike Shinoda for Stagelight"

So Complimentary = Song

From the LP Underground email sent on December 10th:

"We are offering a free download of Stagelight Music Software to all LPU members. LPU members will receive exclusive Linkin Park sound packs and unreleased songs with Stagelight Software. Download codes will be sent to all LPU members on Wednesday, December 12th."

Maybe Unreleased Songs = Bruiser & Space Station

but loop jam 1 & 2 are far away to be called "songs"

I'm pretty sure Bruiser was a demo for ATS, right? Not sure about Space Station, but I could see that being a LP demo from the ATS/LT era. Also, all the other ''samples'' and clips of the demo stuff included with Stagelight are all old LP demos. Some of the titles were even on the making of MTM and the making of ATS!