The Demo List Thread

Lyrics for the Xero/Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park demos:

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/62569292/file.html

Let me know if there's anything wrong.

Notes:

- All the versions of "Untitled"/"In The End (Demo)" have the same lyrics.

- All the versions of "And One" have the same lyrics.

- I didn't include "Now I See" as it has the same lyrics as "With You".

- I didn't include the Raw Power version of "By Myself" as it has the same lyrics as the 2-track demo version.

- I didn't include a folder for the 7-track demo because all the versions are the same as the ones in the 8-track demo.

- The versions of "Points Of Authority" from the 6-track demo (same version from the HT website) and the LPU 12 CD have the same lyrics.

- The versions of "Points And Authority" and "SuperXero" from the 8-track demo have the same lyrics as the versions from the 9-track demo.

- "Plaster" from the 6-track demo have the exact same lyrics as "One Step Closer".

- "Forgotten (Demo)" from LPU 12 is the exact same version included in the 9-track demo ("Rhinestone").

- "Frgt/10", "H! Vltg3", "1stp Klosr" and "Ppr:kut" are the only Reanimation demos with different lyrics.

Edited by lpliveusername

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few questions as I am sorting my collection:

Is the Esaul from HT.com unique? Or is it the same as the one on the 9 track?

9 track Esaul is "Stay away" bridge, 2 track Esaul is "Go away bridge", LPU one of course is unique (Aztec moon).

Is the POA from HT.com unique? If not, what version is it?

6 track is "Stop the talk show" intro, is this the one on HT.com?

8 track is normal intro, "Sink or swim" bridge

9 track sounds the exact same as 8 track to me

We need to label these demos in the main thread to make it a little easier. Like "Stop the talk show" etc. In our new demo guide we will cover all of this.

Thanks.

The only difference in Esaul ht.com and Esaul 2 track is the beginning of the 2nd verse. I guess Shinoda re-recorded the entire verse so there is one extra line in the 2 track that's not in the ht.com one. Some of your lyrics are wrong in those that you posted, like: "We'll both be crushed when it all falls apart" is "We're gonna be crushed when it all falls apart."

So there are 4 unique Esaul versions:

9 track Esaul: "Stay away" bridge

2 track Esaul: "Go away bridge"

HT.com Esaul: "Go away bridge", but missing the line "The second it starts" (or "AND the second it starts") from the first line of verse 2. This line is included in the 2 track. Otherwise the 2 track and HT.com one are the same. Very likely the entire 2nd verse is re-recorded.

LPU Esaul:: "Aztec moon"

Now I need to figure out By Myself and I guess POA.

Some of your lyrics are wrong in those that you posted, like: "We'll both be crushed when it all falls apart" is "We're gonna be crushed when it all falls apart."

Fixed.

Now I need to figure out By Myself and I guess POA.

By Myself:

#1 = "Super Zero" from the 9-track demo CD. It has Mike whispering "So, what do you think?" at the beginning, and during the bridge there is a drum beat going in the background. The lyrics in this one are significantly different than the other 2 versions, particularly the "If I hide my pride I'll lie sleepless/And won't be able to cope with my weakness" part in the second verse.

#2 = "By Myself" from the 2-track demo CD. This one doesn't have the whisper at the beginning or the beat in the bridge that the 9-track version has. Also, on the first words of the song, "What do I do," Mike comes in right on the beat, and during the bridge he says "I'm so afraid."

#3 = "Super Xero" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is almost the same as the 2-track version, except Mike comes in off the beat on the first line of the song, and during the bridge he says "Always afraid" instead of "I'm so afraid."

#4 = "By Myself" from the "Raw Power" compilation CD. This version is lyrically identical to the 2-track version, but still audibly different. Mike comes in off-beat at the beginning rather than right on the beat like on the 2-track version, and overall, his vocal parts are far more intense and higher-pitched than they are on the 2-track version.

I think this was posted by Astat on LPAssociation.

sadly the link is down...

wasn't there also 'With You' from hybridtheory.com?

I'm missing that one also.

this is SendSpace server problem try later (i don't have the files right now to reupload..).

i think this With You is the like Now I See, but i'm really not sure.

important edit: italic means, that I think they're similar, but of course I'm not 100% sure.

if many different similarities -> italic + color

you should mark this part, make it blue or something. sometimes people just looking for specific song and they can miss the updates.

I don't know why, but I can't edit it the way I can change the colors!

Even if I want to make a complete new post, I can choose colors!

Where did it gone? Help!

it only shows html instead of BB Code while editing...

Edited by Rasputin 93

I don't know why, but I can't edit it the way I can change the colors!

Even if I want to make a complete new post, I can choose colors!

Where did it gone? Help!

it only shows html instead of BB Code while editing...

there's a javascript problem with the site at the moment.

put this in the end -> [/color]

and this in the start ->

Edited by Skipees

but I always write and it's automatically black for me...

I didn't change colors in my post except for orange, blue, green and red...I didn't add black, cuz it's the standard color.

from "Super Xero (hybridtheory.com): 3:12 ("what do I do..." off-beat)" to "Part Of Me (8-Track): 3:45" it's black.

wait, i'll fix it.

Edited by Skipees