The Demo List Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With You" never released in hybridtheory.com?

There were also By Myself and With You.

But I'm not sure if they were any different than album versions.

BTW, Hybrid Theory officially changed their name to Linkin Park somewhere between Jun 8th, and Aug 16th, 2000, thought they used Linkin Park even before June 8th. They had linkinpark email in april 8th 2000. All this according to wayback machine.

There were also By Myself and With You.

But I'm not sure if they were any different than album versions.

BTW, Hybrid Theory officially changed their name to Linkin Park somewhere between Jun 8th, and Aug 16th, 2000, thought they used Linkin Park even before June 8th. They had linkinpark email in april 8th 2000. All this according to wayback machine.

are you saing that they released 3 song as Hybrid Theory:

Esaul

Super Xero

Points of Authority

and two as Linkin Park:

With You

By Myself

i understood you correctly?

are you saing that they released 3 song as Hybrid Theory:

Esaul

Super Xero

Points of Authority

and two as Linkin Park:

With You

By Myself

i understood you correctly?

Nope. What I was saying is that all these 5 songs were released on Hybridtheory.com website. Maybe some other songs were too, but there are no archive copies of those pages.

Also I said, that even on the earliest hybridtheory.com webpage in the archive there was already a linkinpark email link in the site footer. This might be some webarchive fuckup, but I doubt it is.

Also after releasing those 5 songs they Officially changed their name to Linkin Park.

Also after releasing those 5 songs they Officially changed their name to Linkin Park.

that's the answer i look for.

and you sure that was Super Xero & By Myself? since they are same song.

if you got source for "By Myself" i'll be happy to see/read.

First of all,

Thank you guys very much for the help. I love this kind of thread,

and... Sorry bother you with dumb questions that you all are tired to answer, but I really need to ask:

- I have a papercut Demo (Probably downloaded from eMule. lol.). This one have the vocals much more aggressive in the verse. It is clearly different from the album version. Is this demo real? Fake?

Thanks in advice.

First of all,

Thank you guys very much for the help. I love this kind of thread,

and... Sorry bother you with dumb questions that you all are tired to answer, but I really need to ask:

- I have a papercut Demo (Probably downloaded from eMule. lol.). This one have the vocals much more aggressive in the verse. It is clearly different from the album version. Is this demo real? Fake?

Thanks in advice.

It's probably the BBC1 in studio performance, people used to mistake that as a demo in the past because it isn't live in front of an audience. The only known ''demo'' for Papercut is from the HT 6-track released on LPA earlier this year.

• 3 weeks later...

what about "LPU 9: Demos Acetate"?

there are alternate versions of Across The Line, Faint, and Sad. (lil' bit longer intro).

Now we have a new version of No Roads Left, with the drum stuff changed around. We should somehow note it like we noted Across The Line.

Really makes me wonder how much LP edits these songs before they release them. Example:

1. LP completes a song that isn't released

2. (Time passes as the song is "shelved" by the band)

3. Mgmt or band wants to release an unreleased track on something

4. LP edits the song a little bit

5. Then it is released

Examples: They went back and added new lyrics to Not Alone before it came out (it was from the MTM sessions)...maybe not the best example, but they re edited Across The Line before it came out (the acetate version tells us this). Maybe even Pretend To Be as well. Now we have No Roads Left with a change. Was this the original one or was it a recent edit I wonder? And how many more songs go through this? I guess we'll never know lol

Now we have a new version of No Roads Left, with the drum stuff changed around. We should somehow note it like we noted Across The Line.

Really makes me wonder how much LP edits these songs before they release them. Example:

1. LP completes a song that isn't released

2. (Time passes as the song is "shelved" by the band)

3. Mgmt or band wants to release an unreleased track on something

4. LP edits the song a little bit

5. Then it is released

Examples: They went back and added new lyrics to Not Alone before it came out (it was from the MTM sessions)...maybe not the best example, but they re edited Across The Line before it came out (the acetate version tells us this). Maybe even Pretend To Be as well. Now we have No Roads Left with a change. Was this the original one or was it a recent edit I wonder? And how many more songs go through this? I guess we'll never know lol

It could just be as simple as them having several different "final mixes" of songs, then when they have to dig up the master tracks for a new release years down the line, they don't check which one ended up being the "final final" one, lol. Kind of like how the version of Robot Boy on LPU 11 was the same mix as album version but with a different vocal track on it.

And how many more songs go through this? I guess we'll never know lol

the band saves EVERYTHING. how do i know? they keep "Coal" & "So Far Away" for example. and it was before they will become famous, before they know they goin' to make the fan club.

now we need to understand what is EVERYTHING.

Unfinished:

-Acapellas: chester's vocal, mikes vocal, mike's Rap vocal, MARK WAKEFIELD's vocal. (brad's vocal?? Phoenix's rap vocal???) how many?? A Lot.

-Instrumentals (separately): guitar, bass, drums, keys, piano, strings & more. (flute?? another-Hahn-breaking-something???). how many? A Lot.

Semi-Finished:

instrumentals without some' (guitar or drums or etc.), half vocals, instrumental with half vocals & more. now, from the unfinished you can make a lot of versions of semi-finished. so how many? A Lot.

Finished:

full acapellas, full instrumentals, full demos (acapella + instrumental), pre-final mixes, final mixes (but ANOTHER VERSIONS), Full Songs & more. how many? A Lot.

so let's be realistic and try do (guess) the math:

10-20 = Full Songs.

250-500 (!) = Demos. (1997-2013 it's 16 years = 15-30 demos for one year = very possible).

XXXX-XXXX = Any Recording.

so we can have different versions of exist songs.. maybe the 2 "No Roads Left" versions that we got is just a 2 from 5 versions.

even the band can't count how much exactly they have, because you can combine infinity options.

Example: if mike recorded "Faint" with 6 different lyrics. we got 6 demo + pre-final mix + Full = 8 version. now just change in ALL of them the guitar recording.. you see my point? you see what's happen to "Points Of Authority"?

So don't even try to think how much versions you got for every song cause it's endless. (and i didn't say nothing about 'Fresh' fixes). B)

Edited by Skipees

the band saves EVERYTHING. how do i know? they keep "Coal" & "So Far Away" for example. and it was before they will become famous, before they know they goin' to make the fan club.

now we need to understand what is EVERYTHING.

Unfinished:

-Acapellas: chester's vocal, mikes vocal, mike's Rap vocal, MARK WAKEFIELD's vocal. (brad's vocal?? Phoenix's rap vocal???) how many?? A Lot.

-Instrumentals (separately): guitar, bass, drums, keys, piano, strings & more. (flute?? another-Hahn-breaking-something???). how many? A Lot.

Semi-Finished:

instrumentals without some' (guitar or drums or etc.), half vocals, instrumental with half vocals & more. now, from the unfinished you can make a lot of versions of semi-finished. so how many? A Lot.

Finished:

full acapellas, full instrumentals, full demos (acapella + instrumental), pre-final mixes, final mixes (but ANOTHER VERSIONS), Full Songs & more. how many? A Lot.

so let's be realistic and try do (guess) the math:

10-20 = Full Songs.

250-500 (!) = Demos. (1997-2013 it's 16 years = 15-30 demos for one year = very possible).

XXXX-XXXX = Any Recording.

so we can have different versions of exist songs.. maybe the 2 "No Roads Left" versions that we got is just a 2 from 5 versions.

even the band can't count how much exactly they have, because you can combine infinity options.

Example: if mike recorded "Faint" with 6 different lyrics. we got 6 demo + pre-final mix + Full = 8 version. now just change in ALL of them the guitar recording.. you see my point? you see what's happen to "Points Of Authority"?

So don't even try to think how much versions you got for every song cause it's endless. (and i didn't say nothing about 'Fresh' fixes). B)

Who cares about acapellas/instrumentals when there are 150 MTM demos out there??!?! If I was a billionaire, I would pay each member of LP 1 million dollars for them to give me all the MTM material they have.

Edited by Geki

Who cares about acapellas/instrumentals when there are 150 MTM demos out there??!?! If I was a billionaire, I would pay each member of LP 1 million dollars for them to give me all the MTM material they have.

typical Geki answer :lol:

Ok, who wants to create a thread listing all the different masterings/version of the same songs?

With info about all the differences.

I think those should go here. It is debatable whether to call them demos or not though.

Breaking The Habit (Street Team Sampler CD) - added sample to the very beginning of the intro

Across The Line (LPU 9 Acetate CD) - new "heavy" intro

What I've Done (M. Shinoda Remix) (On LPU11, it has a difference right?)

No Roads Left (iTunes Minutes To Midnight Deluxe Edition) - outro sample repeated through entire song

Shadow Of The Day (iTunes Minutes To Midnight Deluxe Edition) - Hahn sample replaced by strings

Shadow Of The Day (iTunes LP Studio Collection) - Hahn sample replaced by ________ (I haven't heard that one yet, lol)

There's the Freestyle track Shinoda did with DJ Vice that has three versions too.

What else?