The Demo List Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LPA forums definitely has the same info, because I created a thread there very long time ago and it had the same question. Astat answered it there.

Oh i see, you meant the LPA Forums. I thought you just meant on the website, in the 'Demos' section for example, my bad :huh:. I'll check it out now.

Ash_Qwerty to ur post bout the It's Going Down demo, isn't that the intro they used for OSC during RAR01?

Just checked the RAR 01 performance and yeah, that's the one. Same as the demo/promo for It's Goin' Down. Edited by Ash_Qwerty

Oh i see, you meant the LPA Forums. I thought you just meant on the website, in the 'Demos' section for example, my bad :huh:. I'll check it out now.

LPA Forums

Here's the link to that thread. So funny reading it, when I was starting.. What a noob I was at that time...

Your question has been answered I think somewhere on the second page...

LPA Forums

Here's the link to that thread. So funny reading it, when I was starting.. What a noob I was at that time...

Your question has been answered I think somewhere on the second page...

My god, that's a lot of info to get through. There's so many demos/radio edits/promos etc, gonna take me a while :huh: .

Nice one for the link SergSlim, and you certainly know how to get the best out of forums :lol: , you asked so many questions!!!

Yeah. At that time it was the only place where I found people who really knew something I needed and were willing to share that info.

So when I found something that I was confused about or wasn't sure - I tried to ask on LPA forums.

Big thanks to Astat for giving me so many answers there :)

• 2 months later...

Just a curiosity...

West from LPAmerican asked Scott Koziol about the unknow song played on

and that's what he said:

"i think that is an alternate version of "Place for my Head", but I'm

not sure... it may of just been something that was jamming on at the

time.."

Just a curiosity...

West from LPAmerican asked Scott Koziol about the unknow song played on

and that's what he said:

"i think that is an alternate version of "Place for my Head", but I'm

not sure... it may of just been something that was jamming on at the

time.."

They play APFMH (Esaul) at another point in that same video, Scott probably thought that's what they were referring to.

You can add Points of Authority remix (Crystal Method feat Ryu of S.O.B)

wooooooooo i love brand new info!

Why should it be added to a list of all demos that are available, when it's not available anywhere?

what's the difference beetwen the Now I See (pre final mix) Wicked World CD version and the HT version with you? I can't hear any differences.

Only a few differences have been noted:

1) Initial scratch doesn't have the same echo effect as the final track.

2) Guitar harmony on the chorus is slightly different.

3) Bass track is louder than in the final track.

Credit the above info from Astat, as I'm sure he's the one who pointed them out to me which is the only reason I know them.

Only a few differences have been noted:

1) Initial scratch doesn't have the same echo effect as the final track.

2) Guitar harmony on the chorus is slightly different.

3) Bass track is louder than in the final track.

Credit the above info from Astat, as I'm sure he's the one who pointed them out to me which is the only reason I know them.

It's actually one guitar note in the verses that's different, not the choruses. The intro and verses have a lot of mixing differences to the final version in general.

• 4 months later...

bs, i'll upload the thng u assume is the figure .09 demo, well where can i get the web demo of with you? is it any diff from with you pre-final, ozzfest sampler, and album? and the sold my soul to yo mama has small lyrical change of one word.

here is the thing im talking about, the one you assume is fig .09

http://www.4shared.com/file/70188611/f3646...ike_vocals.html

it works this time...i call it i cant take this, because mike is rapping: "how i used to be, i cant take this, feeling like a rapist, still, so, how it used to be, feeling like a rapist, still, so, [it seems you cant lean more.]

unsure about bold part.

Um, the link still doesn't work :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

In the case of songs that appear more than once, these are all DIFFERENT versions. I included the SDAHF/Xero tapes since those are basically demos.

Sean Dowdell & His Friends demo tape:

Painted Pictures

Kill the Flies

God's Afraid

I've added 8-track Demo CD to the list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there...

Sorry to necro post but I got a demo list of mine and I'd like to know if it's complete. Can I have your help please?

Untitled (9-track demo cd)

Points & Authority (9-track demo cd)

Super Zero (9-track demo cd)

Crawling (9-track demo cd)

Carousel (9-track demo cd)

Part Of Me (9-track demo cd)

Rhinestone (9-track demo cd)

Esaul (9-track demo cd)

Carousel (8-track demo cd)

Part Of Me (8-track demo cd)

Points Of Authority ("Stop the talk show") - is this the website one right?

Now I got 2 (unidentified origin-wise) songs I'd appreciate very much your help clarifying the versions:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LEP60QIZ

APFMH/Esaul: can you identify which is this? Website or 2-track cd or whatsoever?

Also, what are the possible versions for this demo?

I know:

> 9-track: "So I run to a place I can find you at" or something

> 2-track: ??

> Website: ??

> Esaul (Rehearsal): very noisy from the DVD

Are the two "??" different versions?

SuperXero: same here, which is this one?

This song also makes me confuse. Can you list the possible versions? Because there are many and I want to know which are actually different and worth having the version.

> 9-track: ??

> 8-track: ??

Help here please!

BTW I think our lives would be so much easier if LPL released that dreamed Demo collection that was discussed some time ago...

Thank you very much!

Edited by Trang

Hi there...

APFMH/Esaul: can you identify which is this? Website or 2-track cd or whatsoever?

Also, what are the possible versions for this demo?

I know:

> 9-track: "So I run to a place I can find you at" or something

> Esaul (Rehearsal): very noisy from the DVD

Are the two "??" different versions?

SuperXero: same here, which is this one?

This song also makes me confuse. Can you list the possible versions? Because there are many and I want to know which are actually different and worth having the version.

> 9-track: ??

> 8-track: ??

Help here please!

I don't have the lyrics to each By Myself/A Place for My Head demo, but here are the differences between each one:

By Myself:

#1 = "Super Zero" from the 9-track demo CD. It has Mike whispering "So, what do you think?" at the beginning, and during the bridge there is a drum beat going in the background. The lyrics in this one are significantly different than the other 2 versions.

#2 = "By Myself" from the 2-track demo CD. This one doesn't have the whisper at the beginning or the beat in the bridge that the 9-track version has. Also, on the first words of the song, "What do I do," Mike comes in right on the beat, and during the bridge he says "I'm so afraid."

#3 = "Super Xero" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is almost the same as the 2-track version, except Mike comes in off the beat on the first line of the song, and during the bridge he says "Always afraid" instead of "I'm so afraid."

A Place for My Head:

#1 = "Esaul" from the 9-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "So I run from that to a place I can't find you at" in the first verse.

#2 = "A Place for My Head (Esaul)" from the 2-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "But an on-front attack, you could never run from that" in the first verse, different from the 9-track version. This version has the "And the second it starts" lyric at the start of the 2nd verse that the website version doesn't have.

#3 = "Esaul" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is similar to the 2-track version, except that at the start of the second verse, there's just the guitar playing with no vocals for a second, without the "And the second it starts" lyric.