Response to Comment: LP album in 2010

DXIC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"[...]which just finished shooting a video for its next single, "Giving Up"[...]"

Wow, that must be a recent interview!!!

You realise that they did a big tour, "We made it", "New Divide" (including music videos), and many things more (Chester working on Out of Ashes) since then?

You must know everything about songwriting and music business :rolleyes:

So you are the smart one? I´m pretty sure you are a sucessfull music business person... :o

Wilderness asked for an interview when they´ve said that they would make albums faster...there´s the interview...you can agree with the time they spent on each album...this is personal...

But I think myself and others can complain when we see the band saying one thing and then changing...also Mr Shinoda should understand that...

No one here is trying to screw with Linkin Park...we just want they to focus...because everybody can notice that not everybody in the band is giving 100% to make this album happen.

I lol'd! This is totally wrong, even for a theoretical calculating. They maybe release 12 songs, but they certainly make much more. For M2M they had over 100 demos for example. What do you know how many songs they write, change and finish...

Like I said:

I know they're writing a lot of stuff wich don't end up on any of their records, but we will never heard those songs, so finally, it doesn't really count for us.

And don't tell me about No Roads Left, Across the Line, and Not Alone...those are only 3 songs...

Anyway, I love how some people here are trying to justify the slowness of LP because they are "fans". I'm a fan too, but come on, 4 years between each album is just ridiculous, want it or not.

Like I said:

And don't tell me about No Roads Left, Across the Line, and Not Alone...those are only 3 songs...

Anyway, I love how some people here are trying to justify the slowness of LP because they are "fans". I'm a fan too, but come on, 4 years between each album is just ridiculous, want it or not.

No, No Roads left & Across The Line really don't count, they were planed.

I don't try to justify, I actually do justify... only cause I'm sick of people complaining^^

Maybe Mike and the band will write a song about the fans who are still frustrated about the lack of material and how long the new album is taking. The song will be called Never Satisfied. I can just imagine what the lyrics might be. Ok, just messing around. Don't take it personally peeps.

wow... that was so creative and worth reading...

I don't mean to come off as a dick but you guys are sounding like a bunch of babies. They release more stuff between an album then they ever did (and I'm only talking LP stuff like LPU8, 9, Lockjaw, New Divide, Not Alone, 8 Bit Rebellion song, and w/e else is being planned before the album) and you still complain. I don't think it's fair, in fact, I think it's bullshit that these guys actually care about us and try their best to give us stuff and you compain about it anyway. If I were Mike and saw this, I'd say "fuck this" and do my best not to release anything until the album comes out.

It's amazing how some of you will defend them no matter what. Are we really supposed to think of Lockjaw as new material?? It's a 2 minute instrumental for christs sake. They took 4 years for M2M and it wasn't even that great. They talk a good game, but at the end of the day, they take forever to do everything. I'll be shocked if this album is out before September.

Hey uum, btw. Michael Jackson is the Co-Author of the song just so you know, he wrote it with Paul Anka and his version was a demo recorded in the 80s before Safire's version came out. Check your facts man. Can't out michael a die hard micheal fan :) haha

"Co-author" on a pop song doesn't actually mean they contributed to writing it lol it means the person who wrote it was paid extra to give the singer credit.

I'm not saying MJ is a bad musician, I'm just saying him and Tupac take the cake for "most overrated musicians of all time".

Edited by Aiman

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003707157

Billboard article- Linkin Park plans quick minutes to midnight followup. Quotes from Chester, Mikeès been repeated the same sentiments in other interviews.

LP is full of $hit. I can care less about all these remixes. lol @ someone putting down What Ive Done distorted remix as fresh material we have been getting. 4 years is too long for 12 songs.

Okay? All it says is that they "don't see" another album taking that long.

I guess I should say the only *guarantee* LP has made, is more music more often.

"Co-author" on a pop song doesn't actually mean they contributed to writing it lol it means the person who wrote it was paid extra to give the singer credit.

I'm not saying MJ is a bad musician, I'm just saying him and Tupac take the cake for "most overrated musicians of all time".

I personally think Notorious B.I.G was always better than Tupac, but that's just me.

didn't feel like reading every post, anyways

this is getting really out of hand

"we want new lp we want new lp"

you just gotta wait period!!!

damn... if you're not into making music yourself, you don't know the half of the time blood sweat energy goes into it. not to mention making promotion plans etc.

put yourself in their position for a minute.

I'm already satisfied with the music that has been coming out, yeah i'm talking about the remixes aswell.

I'ma fan of LP but i'm also into other artist like Eminem or Busta Rhymes 2 name just a few, not JUST LP. i got plenty of good music to keep myself busy and satisfied.

Some fans just need to grow up and just wait for when the album drops, simple

damn!! Dr Dre stated that detox should come out like over 4 years ago and still didn't happend

fans were like we'll see whenever it comes, no ones is b*tchin' about it anymore

just my 2 cents!

Edited by Michelbeats

in what sense is MJ overrated ?

cause Thriller is the best sold album off all time and no one is going to top that.

Pac was also a good lyricist despite all the controversy and certain subject matter.

in what sense is MJ overrated ?

cause Thriller is the best sold album off all time and no one is going to top that.

Pac was also a good lyricist despite all the controversy and certain subject matter.

can everyone please stop going off topic with the pac and stuff? This is to everyone. If you wanna discuss something like this start a "Overrated Musicians" or something thank you :D

IMO U2, Nirvana, ColdPlay, The Beatles, Metallica are the most overrated bands of all time.

I agree with 2 of these bands. You can't argue with the influences they've had over the decades but some of them are truly over blown and overrated. Nirvana and the Beatles. 2 of the most influential bands in the history of rock. However their music is too highly praised and held up way higher than they should be. The Beatles were a head of their time so that's why they were so big. Nirvana however, the only reason they got so big was because "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was beyond overplayed on MTV in the early '90s. Nirvana said it themselves that that song was "omnipresent." That song is great and I love Nirvana, but that song does not deserve to top all the charts and polls that's it been doing over the years. And Kurt Cobain is good, but in my opinion, he is the most overrated musician in the history of rock, especially with how much fame he's acclaimed after his death. Considered one of the top vocalists and guitarists in rock and roll, unbelievable. He's a creative artist when it came to writing music, but is way too overblown.

It's amazing how some of you will defend them no matter what. Are we really supposed to think of Lockjaw as new material?? It's a 2 minute instrumental for christs sake. They took 4 years for M2M and it wasn't even that great. They talk a good game, but at the end of the day, they take forever to do everything. I'll be shocked if this album is out before September.

2 Minutes of awesome intrumental =) And M2M was in my opinion the best album yet, because there were songs that sounded a bit like the old ones and a lot of new stuff. I mean, people used to say, every song of LP sounds the same and since M2M everyone who says that can be called an idiot.

IMO U2, Nirvana, ColdPlay, The Beatles, Metallica are the most overrated bands of all time.

I think most of them are just successful because they were symbols for an unusual way of living in the past days... All of them have great songs, but it's not like they are constantly great i think.

I have nothing against those bands. I actually like some songs by each of them.It's just man u hear a lot about them and it's annoying to me cause IMO I believe LP's music is just as awesome...and yea I know ALOT of ppl will disagree but it's just how I feel. LP's music just somehow strikes a cord with me. So in my world LP deserves to be up there with the best.