8-Bit Rebellion - More info from Mike

vyonizr

Haha. Yeah.

I will still want the song on the computer and my iPod even if I finish the game. I wonder if the people who finish the game will get a free downloadable iTunes version of it, and those who don't have the game can just but it for however much from iTunes.

Just another though.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Yeah.

I will still want the song on the computer and my iPod even if I finish the game. I wonder if the people who finish the game will get a free downloadable iTunes version of it, and those who don't have the game can just but it for however much from iTunes.

Just another though.

This...

It would be the most logical way to release the song, rather than some shitty quality embedded into a 10mb application..

And for the iPhone haters, 100,000 apps can't be wrong so far ; )

This...

It would be the most logical way to release the song, rather than some shitty quality embedded into a 10mb application..

And for the iPhone haters, 100,000 apps can't be wrong so far ; )

All true.

I do agree, if the average size of this kind of app like about 1.5mb - to put a decent quality song in it would add about another 2mb. I wouldn't mind that extra few mb's though anyway.

My guess is that the song isn't part of the game download. Instead after you beat the game you get a code or something to download the song. Its just a guess and honestly would make a bit more sense.

Edited by Red_Zero

My guess is that the song isn't part of the game download. Instead after you beat the game you get a code or something to download the song. Its just a guess and honestly would make a bit more sense.

I totally agree with that!

Like an iTunes code to download it free.

If the song is leaked, I will hold myself back, support LP and listen to the song when I finish the game.

Thats why they put at the end of the game, because they want you to play the game (which I will do with or without a new song at the end) and because you've finished it, they would basically like to thank you for playing and they give you a new song to listen to, its great.

While I want to say the new song will be a MtM b-side, part of me is starting to feel like it might be the lead single off the album. o.O

Only reason I say this is because recently I've noticed singles coming out way in advance of albums being released. Also that thing iTunes has been doing where like 5 singles get released in succession leading up to the album release.

I dunno, singles have just become a completely different game lately because of the popularity of online music sources and the decline of radio and music video stations. Something to think about maybe. Or not.

/random thought.

While I want to say the new song will be a MtM b-side, part of me is starting to feel like it might be the lead single off the album. o.O

Only reason I say this is because recently I've noticed singles coming out way in advance of albums being released. Also that thing iTunes has been doing where like 5 singles get released in succession leading up to the album release.

I dunno, singles have just become a completely different game lately because of the popularity of online music sources and the decline of radio and music video stations. Something to think about maybe. Or not.

/random thought.

agree with the first half

bolded half STRONGLY doubt it

How could it NOT be a b-side? LP are all about exposure, and I doubt they would release brand new, anxiously awaited material via a medium that only a fraction of people (iPhone/iPod touch owners) use. Unless, of course, the game is playable on LP.com, too.

How could it NOT be a b-side? LP are all about exposure, and I doubt they would release brand new, anxiously awaited material via a medium that only a fraction of people (iPhone/iPod touch owners) use. Unless, of course, the game is playable on LP.com, too.

Probably an iTunes release too. Maybe some sort of EP that you can buy the song and game on. No way the song is just on the iPod....that'd be like a tiny tiny tiny fraction of their fanbase that'd hear it.

Mike said a lot of times it was a BRAND NEW song, but they also said that about Across The Line, so you never know. My prediction is it IS a totally new song, actually. Maybe a song that fits in with the game somehow.