Mike's Update

Yass

I got a Nord Electro 3 for Christmas. I can't wait to start using it...we're moving on from the last batch of songs (5) to a new batch. I don't know what songs will be in the new batch. We have about 15 contenders, with some brand new gems that I worked on with Chester and Brad. The first LP studio meeting of 2010 is next Monday, so we'll vote on it then.

BTW, here's a better clip of the Medvedev interview. I know I was late on it. I forgot to post it because I was drunk on egg nog.

http://rt.com/Top_News/2009-12-24/medvedev...c-holidays.html

Thoughts?

Yeah, I don't care if Mike says they're "halfway done," this album will be out soon.

5 songs finished, and they're gonna get to work on a new set of songs out of 20ish potential ones. If they finish another 5 maybe, 10 finished songs.

For MtM they finished around 18. I'm pretty sure we're almost there guys. New album soon.

EDIT: And for those worried about Chester's creative input on this album, there you go.

Edited by Xero21

When he was describing some of the songs during the LPU Chat, they seemed really cool, especially the one where it was Mike and Chester singing back and forth on a track, that would be really cool to hear. But I'm thinking we won't have to wait as long as everyone is predicting....I'm thinking maybe late Spring or something. It could even be in May like MTM was, or June. I hope we get the new album and then a PR10.

Wow great news...now I'm beginning to think that this new album won't take too long from what we were predecting...now I think the new album has a real good chance to come out in the summer depending on how long mixing takes, but I would bet June is a very reasonable date for the album's release.

And yeah for those of you who think Chester isn't contributing enough in this record because of his side project dead by sunrise. I think mike made it clear by saying he, Chester, and also brad have been working on

new songs together and according to mike they are brand new gems. That's good but I wonder how much of that can you really take into context? Anyways it seems the band is working very productively and hopefully on monday they pick a good group of new songs to work on.

Although what I'm wondering is when do we normally find out an album title? When should we be expecting the release of the albums name? Like on meteora and minutes to midnight when did we find out what the name if the album was gonna be? Thanks

Edited by LP_and_PIE

Wow great news...now I'm beginning to think that this new album won't take too long from what we were predecting...now I think the new album has a real good chance to come out in the summer depending on how long mixing takes, but I would bet June is a very reasonable date for the album's release.

And yeah for those of you who think Chester isn't contributing enough in this record because of his side project dead by sunrise. I think mike made it clear by saying he, Chester, and also brad have been working on

new songs together and according to mike they are brand new gems. That's good but I wonder how much of that can you really take into context? Anyways it seems the band is working very productively and hopefully on monday they pick a good group of new songs to work on.

Although what I'm wondering is when do we normally find out an album title? When should we be expecting the release of the albums name? Like on meteora and minutes to midnight when did we find out what the name if the album was gonna be? Thanks

Off the top of my head, the title for Meteora was released sometime in January 2003, with the album being released in March 2003.

As for Minutes to Midnight, it was late March or early April they released the title of the Album.

So as just a guess if the album is going for a June release I guess we could expect a single in April or May along with the name of the album I would say.

Edited by Red_Zero

i don't expect anything great from this album. Low expectations are best with things like this

I have to admit, I'm not as excited for this album as I was for Meteora and Minutes To Midnight. I think what they're trying to accomplish sounds cool, but I'm not so sure if I'm going to like an electronic experimental based album. I like more of the rock side of LP which is what Minutes To Midnight had as well as experimental songs. I also really want to hear some verses from Mike again, not in a HHH type way either. Don't get me wrong, HHH is an amazing song but I really want to hear some classic LP. Who knows though, the album might be amazing and really surprise me.

Well they have been in the studio for well over a year now, and everyone is so excited now because of "5 songs." Well, at that rate, we might not have a new album for another year. Just saying.

At any rate, it's pointless to guess. June? April? 2011? The fact of the matter is, LP takes a really long time to produce studio albums. As in they think they need all the time in the world to make a 40 minute album. It's their album so they can do what they want, but it has been 2.5 years after MTM. A lot of people seem to forget that because of tours... Some rock bands have released amazing albumS in that same time span along with touring and such.

This album sounds funky, I am really trying not to get excited about it because I have a feeling its either going to kick-ass or it's going to be a real disappointing dud considering the amount of time and the typical "band hype" that this is going to be a "a genre busting album." They thought MTM would be that, and sorry, but it wasn't.

Yea but that's what I think we want i mean the best MTM songs were those who are clo se to te previous albums imo

Who are you to decide what "we" want? Get off your high horse. If LP ever makes another album that sounds like Hybrid Theory or Meteora, it would completely undermine their credibility.

The only song on MTM that sounds even remotely like it could fit on a previous album is Bleed it Out, and the studio version of that song totally blows.

They thought MTM would be that, and sorry, but it wasn't.

MTM definitely was a genre bursting album IMO. All of the songs on MTM are very different than previous work from LP, even BIO. Just because you didn't like MTM doesn't mean that it wasn't something different for LP, it definitely was.

MTM definitely was a genre bursting album IMO. All of the songs on MTM are very different than previous work from LP, even BIO. Just because you didn't like MTM doesn't mean that it wasn't something different for LP, it definitely was.

Well, I am glad you feel that it is a genre BUSTING album. But it's not. Sure, it was significantly different for LP but it obviously didn't melt anyone in rock music... in fact, from what I gather, it soured more casual fans than it gained. I never said I didn't like MTM. It's my least favorite LP piece but Given Up, No More Sorrow, and What I've Done are stellar tracks. I may prefer harder, heavier music but I can also appreciate a band's change of direction. I just think LP changed their direction a little far and didn't create a very listenable record much like Hybrid Theory and Meteora are. I respect all the tracks on MTM... however, most of them, in my opinion, are not a true representation of the band.

LOL @ you mentioning Bleed It Out, obviously the most similar track to anything they had done previously and one of their most weak studio tracks ever.

MTM was a solid effort and good break from the previous two albums. But it was nothing bands like Nine Inch Nails or U2 couldn't do. Just my opinion.