Mike Rants About Pro Tools Bugs

Xero21

"I don't rant often, but this particular note deserves it. I'll write this while the studio computer is restarting. Here's the deal. I hope you guys at Digidesign are reading."

"And after I did lockjaw and helped them promote PT8…and the NAMM appearance…and tell everyone how awesome their stuff is, maybe they could at least give a fella a call back." -Mike

Head over to his blog to read the rest.

Disappointing that Digidesign would do that after how much Mike put on for them!

No. Just because he can't zoom in doesn't mean he can't record.

To edit precisely, yes...it does. I've never heard of a song being edited without zooming in at all. Also, sounds to me like they aren't willing to downgrade to something else to continue working...considering Mike took the time to call them out for it. I don't blame him.

Edited by rav0k

Astat got a point.

I also make beats and let's say my daw isn't working correctly i just switch over to Audacity and edit the parts i want to edit on there. Problem solved.

nothing is going to get delayed just because you can't zoom in on something doesn't mean you can't record.

Record the tracks and export them and load them in a other daw up.

Astat got a point.

I also make beats and let's say my daw isn't working correctly i just switch over to Audacity and edit the parts i want to edit on there. Problem solved.

nothing is going to get delayed just because you can't zoom in on something doesn't mean you can't record.

Record the tracks and export them and load them in a other daw up.

You would think if Mike's logic was the exact same as yours, he wouldn't have made an entire post complaining about how he can't use Pro Tools at the moment. There is a reason I said what I did. It's simply because based on Mike's logic, they aren't planning on using something as "amateur" as Audacity.

EDIT: Not saying anything is wrong with your logic, it's just something that a professional band such as Linkin Park probably does not want to resort to.

Edited by rav0k

You would think if Mike's logic was the exact same as yours, he wouldn't have made an entire post complaining about how he can't use Pro Tools at the moment. There is a reason I said what I did. It's simply because based on Mike's logic, they aren't planning on using something as "amateur" as Audacity.

EDIT: Not saying anything is wrong with your logic, it's just something that a professional band such as Linkin Park probably does not want to resort to.

I think thats a good point...why should a 2-time grammy award winnig band like linkin park have to resort to an amateur program like audacity as their last resort...Pro Tools owes Mike big time, I agree. I just hope this gets fixed as soon as possible...but hey look at the brightside all this ranting and negative energy by mike could end up turning out to be some awesome ass lyrics like back in the old days...Digidesign:"We are sorry Mr.Shinoda there is nothing we can do at this time, please wait while we request for more assistance. In the meantime..." Mike to Digidesign: "Shutup when I'm talking to you!" :D

I think thats a good point...why should a 2-time grammy award winnig band like linkin park have to resort to an amateur program like audacity as their last resort...Pro Tools owes Mike big time, I agree. I just hope this gets fixed as soon as possible...but hey look at the brightside all this ranting and negative energy by mike could end up turning out to be some awesome ass lyrics like back in the old days...Digidesign:"We are sorry Mr.Shinoda there is nothing we can do at this time, please wait while we request for more assistance. In the meantime..." Mike to Digidesign: "Shutup when I'm talking to you!" :D

The Audacity thing was just a example (because it's free, and i don't have the money to buy all the top notch industry-standard softwares.) I was speaking from my perspective what i've would have done in his situation.

wow, even the great Mike Shinoda has problems with music software!

My band had stupid problems like this on my software at home - and even the software at my uni had glitches like this and they where both Cubase & Logic!!! xD

My sympathies Mike, I hope it all gets resolved as soon as possible.

The Audacity thing was just a example (because it's free, and i don't have the money to buy all the top notch industry-standard softwares.) I was speaking from my perspective what i've would have done in his situation.

Oh, I know. I agree with you 100% but they probably have the mentality of....not wanting to use a free program over hardware they spent 50k on. Silly rock stars. :P

why is everyone still asking if the album will be delayed cuz of this?

Astat put it quite clearly lol

Not to mention that as far as I've been able to tell, the zooming bug only applies to the MIDI interface of Pro Tools - meaning it's not even a problem when it comes to recording any of the live instruments (guitar/bass/drums/piano/vocals).

Mike says on his blog that they've been trying to fix the problem for over a month, does anybody REALLY think LP has been sitting at the studio accomplishing absolutely nothing for the last month, waiting for a computer bug to get fixed? :lol:

Mike says on his blog that they've been trying to fix the problem for over a month, does anybody REALLY think LP has been sitting at the studio accomplishing absolutely nothing for the last month, waiting for a computer bug to get fixed? :lol:

*imagines them all just sitting there staring at Mike, waiting*

Yes. Yes I can.