Predictions

hahninator

There has literally been no recent news from the LP camp...so I'm tempted to ask - what do you think is next?

Will Dead By Sunrise tour until March? Or maybe just until February? When will the LP album come out? When do you see the first tour dates popping up for LP? How about a new LP single?

Any predictions or guesses on what you all think will happen?

According to this interview, DBS has some plans up their sleeves...

"The band is playing upcoming dates, but are there any plans in the works for a full-on tour?

We're working on it.

Oh really? Will it be nationwide?

I would like to think so. I mean, I'm working on a new Linkin Park record, so it's not like I can be like 'oh, I have eight months to 12 months to tour this record.' It's like, 'okay, I'm making a record for Linkin Park.' I need to balance playing shows for Dead By Sunrise as well as being in the studio with Linkin Park, which is the priority. It's difficult for me to say that because they're both really important to me. We're figuring that out. It's the biggest hurdle facing us right now, to manage to build Dead by Sunrise around Linkin Park."

im quite skeptical about DBS considering the fact that DBS has no goddamn tour manager. Unless that has changed in the month tht Adam said that then i retract my statement. But so far DBS has still been piss poor when it comes to promo all that other jazz (imo)

Secondly, i doubt LP will have the album before the summer and thats okay, their human, they have family, they need time to wind down actually try living y know. For some reason people dont understand they dont have to shit 12 songs out and stick it into 1,000,000 cd's in a 2 year timespan. Thats why its good to have other bands to fall back on and follow while LP do their thing.

I know im going to get some hate on it but cmon patience is a virtue :)

I will say as soon as an album and tour is announced ill be at the best buy or hot topic (whichever has the better deal/set) and be on the LPU for presale tix and at the good ole Nissan Pavilion in the pit for Projekt Rev . haha

</rant>

im quite skeptical about DBS considering the fact that DBS has no goddamn tour manager. Unless that has changed in the month tht Adam said that then i retract my statement. But so far DBS has still been piss poor when it comes to promo all that other jazz (imo)

Secondly, i doubt LP will have the album before the summer and thats okay, their human, they have family, they need time to wind down actually try living y know. For some reason people dont understand they dont have to shit 12 songs out and stick it into 1,000,000 cd's in a 2 year timespan. Thats why its good to have other bands to fall back on and follow while LP do their thing.

I will say as soon as an album and tour is announced ill be at the best buy or hot topic (whichever has the better deal/set) and be on the LPU for presale tix and at the good ole Nissan Pavilion in the pit for Projekt Rev . haha

</rant>

100% agreed.

For some reason people dont understand they dont have to shit 12 songs out and stick it into 1,000,000 cd's in a 2 year timespan.

Well, music IS their career after all. Yeah, we can deal with the wait. Should we have to is the question. Anyways, I picture Dead by Sunrise possibly touring with Korn on Family Values. I could be wrong...but that occurs next year. Would probably be a good place for them to be.

Edited by rav0k

yeah, just like in every job, you get breaks. And they most of all deserve big breaks. I think having DBS right now is a very idiotic thing for chester to do. I'd rather hiim rest his voice for LP next world tour and keep it prime for recording/live stuff for LP

</rant>

Now I get it why Linkin Park says they have the best fans in the world.

They accept anything the band do...

3 years between albums? That´s great...let´s hear other bands and pretend that music is not their day jobs and like all of us who work...they DO need a 8 months vacations. ( all of us have 8 months vacations why shouldn´t they?)

Let´s try to make a 4 years break in the next album...

.....Prediction???

Well...they said that the next album will be released in early 2010 so they meant the album will be released before July!!

I wish they could released it in April 1st (my birthday actually :D) and the single will be the next month (May or later like in July)

There is a big difference between WILL and WILL TRY

Now I get it why Linkin Park says they have the best fans in the world.

They accept anything the band do...

3 years between albums? That´s great...let´s hear other bands and pretend that music is not their day jobs and like all of us who work...they DO need a 8 months vacations. ( all of us have 8 months vacations why shouldn´t they?)

Let´s try to make a 4 years break in the next album...

Music IS their career yes. But you can't just expect them to work at the same pace year after year, touring and putting out albums. And music is an artform, not just a regular job. You are not only physically drained from touring, but mentally and emotionally as well. Now let's put you into the studio with not only the pressure of putting a hit out, but also wanting to make the music real and write it the right way. It will take time and for some people it takes more time. Sure they can write another Hybrid Theory and put out another carbon copy and get millions, but artistically that won't make them feel better. If you have a 9-5 job, that's your job right? 9-5. A career. Well their career is 12-12 almost 365 days a year. Let's cut 'em some damn slack they are only human.

Music IS their career yes. But you can't just expect them to work at the same pace year after year, touring and putting out albums. And music is an artform, not just a regular job. You are not only physically drained from touring, but mentally and emotionally as well. Now let's put you into the studio with not only the pressure of putting a hit out, but also wanting to make the music real and write it the right way. It will take time and for some people it takes more time. Sure they can write another Hybrid Theory and put out another carbon copy and get millions, but artistically that won't make them feel better. If you have a 9-5 job, that's your job right? 9-5. A career. Well their career is 12-12 almost 365 days a year. Let's cut 'em some damn slack they are only human.

Agreed. They go away on tour month after month. I completely understand if they wanna take their time and stay with their families.

.....Prediction???

Well...they said that the next album will be released in early 2010 so they meant the album will be released before July!!

I wish they could released it in April 1st (my birthday actually :D ) and the single will be the next month (May or later like in July)

Would be funny if they would release it on the first of april :o

I think DBS will stop touring after finishing the Asia dates.

But I don't know I'd say Album by Summer 2010, First single Around April-May?

Would be funny if they would release it on the first of april :o

I think DBS will stop touring after finishing the Asia dates.

But I don't know I'd say Album by Summer 2010, First single Around April-May?

LP are always funny right? Sometime I laughed like..............(oh well..don't know) when I watch LPTV.

Oh, maybe there will be more LPTV and more funny moments with them in the future. LPTV would have a new opening/ending music. More jokes from them (or not :( )

Edited by ShadowThanatos

I think you are totally correct my friend.

Let´s put ME on the studio... this will solve everything.

And of course not forgetting the fact that I earn millions of dollars to do that!

And also remembering that this is the law in the music business... every band takes 3 years to release an album... before that time just crap albuns. I´m totally wrong sorry for that <_<

So..last year Mike gave the fans "Lockjaw" as Christmas present? I didn't know that.

If you said so..then Mike must be a Santa Clause this year...he may make us surprise...just wait.

I think we all can agree Lockjaw was a convenient present to the LP community for the terrible disaster that was LPU8. Considering it was done in little time and for the Pro Tools spot, it was good timing.

As for predictions, who the hell knows. June? September? 2011? 2020? You can never tell with this band. They have been in the studio for well over a year now and they don't appear to be anywhere near being even somewhat complete. Of course, the wonderful "side project" Dead By Sunrise has become nothing more than a gigantic stopgap in LP's way and even Chester is acknowledging how hard it is to juggle both. You cannot tour around, as he is saying probably will happen very soon, and be dedicated to recording and writing with LP. I have a feeling Chester might have his smallest input on this next LP album (in terms of actual writing, of course he will be singing) only because he just simply hasn't been there with the rest of the guys as much. You can differ with me if you like but that is simply the fact.

Also, in terms of LP's ridiculous amounts of time to produce a record... its inexcusable. While no one is expecting albums year after year, the pace at which LP makes records is a bit ridiculous. Everyone wants to pat LP on the back for tours and living in studios and hotels and planes... because that is just a terrible life, right? I'm certainly not saying LP has it easy; I'm not a musician but I've traveled a great deal in my life and I know it can certainly drain you. But I also know its some of the most invigorating experiences. They get paid extremely well doing something they love, and get to personally create. As a notable band, they should only be appreciative (certainly not annoyed, which I'm not saying they publicly are) that we want more music from them as it could easily be the opposite way... no one give a rat's ass about them.

Edited by Preston

^ due to my English Knowledge.....and I'm not a foreigner so...I couldn't understand some parts you said!!

But,......whether Chester is big or small part of the new album is unpredictable. Because he can put out 100% of his power to support both LP and DBS. He might do something really big for just a small period of time...it could be as big as his bandmates work!

But in writing lyric..he may not write a lot of songs but he must check out the lyrics his bandmates have writen. LP never release a song with a lyric that didn't been through all of the band's members. Right?

Well their career is 12-12 almost 365 days a year.

If that was the case, explain the gap between each album. ;)

Seriously now, they put on awesome live shows and they are a highly successful band...it's just silly to act like they "don't have time". They know what time they have and they use it how they want to. They could have had a lot more albums out by now, but they chose not to. That's their thing. I respect that, some people won't. I understand why people don't. It's really a good argument on both sides. Here's to hoping they spend more time in the studio than touring next year.

I would like to see a DBS tour this Winter...I would go to as many dates as possible. As for LP, I think a single may come out in May/June and the album about a month after, with PR10 following after then a world tour.

I said that?

sorry about the meet and greet. there won't be a tour manager with the band and with it being a huge festival, it's not going to be possible for us to make it happen this time. sorry, we tried!

unless at the moment there wasnt but yeah

but a question to all

i remember people being like

zOMG i cant wait for the DBS CD and for a TOUR!!11! Why the sudden change of heart?