LPU Chat - Rob: Aftermath

hahninator

Well, that was one sweet chat. We got some great information. As always, the LPU chat transcripts are for LPU members only (that's a perk of being a member!), but we thought we could post a few highlights for you all who weren't there.

eng42ine: Hey Rob, do you guys plan on ever releasing any older shows in a DSP format? Something like Mountain View 04 or something like that?

rbourdon: Yes, we're planning to release any of the older shows that we have recorded. I'm not sure that we have recordings all the way back to 04, but we're going to release everything that we have available. It's in the works, and we're hoping it happens really soon.

nkramar: Do you plan on celebrating the Hybrid Theory 10th anniversary in any special form? Maybe playing the whole CD live start to finish?

rbourdon: Yes we've talked about doing something special for the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory, but not sure what exactly we will do yet. I can't believe it's been 10 years.

raaaaphy: Are you guys ever going to play No Roads Left live? the whole LPU would appreciate that veeeery much!

rbourdon: Not sure if we will play No Roads Left live, we did try it out and didn't love the way it came across live.

cuzer: Are you going to release more of older songs like you did for LPU9?

rbourdon: Yes, if possible we'll release older songs like we will for LPU9. We have a lot of music in the LP vault and we'd like for people to hear it someday. Maybe LPU10...

Awesome! Selling all the older shows they have? How awesome is that? Thanks to the LPU and the mods for another great chat!

And Mike is coming back for another LPU chat December 9th, only days after LPU 9 goes live. Has the LPU come back or what? Damn, very impressive work being done here by the Underground.

EDIT: LPL Exclusive tonight, stay tuned!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna repost what I said in the pre-chat thread:

Awesome news about them releasing all the live shows they have.

And I think people need to let NRL live RIP at this point. The band has confirmed more than once that they practiced playing the song and just did not do it well.

Well, that was one sweet chat. We got some great information. As always, the LPU chat transcripts are for LPU members only (that's a perk of being a member!), but we thought we could post a few highlights for you all who weren't there.

pffft since when? In the 7 or so years of being a LPUer I've always seen transcripts offered off LPU without a complaint from anyone, not even the moderators and admins. Information can't be copyrighted anyway, and the perk is to be present at the chat, not the transcript :P

eng42ine: Hey Rob, do you guys plan on ever releasing any older shows in a DSP format? Something like Mountain View 04 or something like that?

rbourdon: Yes, we're planning to release any of the older shows that we have recorded. I'm not sure that we have recordings all the way back to 04, but we're going to release everything that we have available. It's in the works, and we're hoping it happens really soon.

nkramar: Do you plan on celebrating the Hybrid Theory 10th anniversary in any special form? Maybe playing the whole CD live start to finish?

rbourdon: Yes we've talked about doing something special for the 10th anniversary of Hybrid Theory, but not sure what exactly we will do yet. I can't believe it's been 10 years.

I'm still betting on a greatest hits. I bet they'll still have thier plate full enough to not make much of anything new.

raaaaphy: Are you guys ever going to play No Roads Left live? the whole LPU would appreciate that veeeery much!

rbourdon: Not sure if we will play No Roads Left live, we did try it out and didn't love the way it came across live.

Dead horse is dead now.

cuzer: Are you going to release more of older songs like you did for LPU9?

rbourdon: Yes, if possible we'll release older songs like we will for LPU9. We have a lot of music in the LP vault and we'd like for people to hear it someday. Maybe LPU10...

Shoulda stuck a sticker on that saying WARNING: METAPHORICAL ANSWER, UNLIKELY TO ACTUALLY COME TRUE.

More demos sound good to me. Why don't they just release a cd of demos if they have so many? I'm sure a lot of people would buy it.

It's incredibly likely that warner bros owns the copyright to all LP songs, so it's probably not up to LP. And the LPU isn't exactly profit central.

Edited by KATHYxx

^ Regarding demos. I know LPU isn't profit central, but releasing them in some form there they charge for them is better them keeping them in a vault forever. If anything, I bet some of them will pop up on a Greatest Hits album some day, or possibly on a re-release for Hybrid Theory on it's 10h anniversary ( that would be pretty sweet, it gurantees a buy from me. I already have 3 Hybrid Theorys as it is lol)

Edited by thesungoesdown

^ Regarding demos. I know LPU isn't profit central, but releasing them in some form there they charge for them is better them keeping them in a vault forever. If anything, I bet some of them will pop up on a Greatest Hits album some day, or possibly on a re-release for Hybrid Theory on it's 10h anniversary ( that would be pretty sweet, it gurantees a buy from me. I already have 3 Hybrid Theorys as it is lol)

This is what I'm thinking. WB probably isn't interested in releasing them for a little thing like the LPU. They are probably most interested in putting the best stuff on a major release to bring in dollars. Or tupac insurance to release CDs after the band breaks up or something. I think it's likely that we'll see more demos in the future, just idk how far and probably not on the LPU.

this was the best chat rob has ever done =)

We need Toronto 2004. It has the best performance of Breaking the Habit. You remember it ? When Chester was choking while singing the last part ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtqXFKI3f_8

The mood, Chester's voice, grand piano... Everything was just perfect.

That's a great video, but does anyone happen to know why he was so particularly emotional at this show? This was getting towards the middle of the World Tour and they had played the song at least, what, 10-15 times before this performance? I wonder what made this performance so much more, passionate so to speak?

It's incredibly likely that warner bros owns the copyright to all LP songs, so it's probably not up to LP. And the LPU isn't exactly profit central.

I mean have Warner sell a cd in stores that anyone can buy. I wasn't referring to the lpu at all. I'd just like to see some of these songs that never made the cd's.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

yeah i'd buy it, the killers did that like 2 years ago and although the cd didnt sell that well im sure the fans loved it.

Yeah but everyone would make out on that. Warner/ the band grabs in some bank and the fans are happy. I'm sure they'll do that eventually.

It'd kinda be like songs from the underground except ones that we haven't heard before haha

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Anxious as damn hell to know how the whole live DSP thing will unfold. Hope it's semi-soon. Sooooooo many questions about it and how it'll work. I wonder what shows LP even has.....anyone think they recorded a Xero show or a Hybrid Theory band show? Rob said they'd throw "everything" up so it's quite interesting.

And when he says everything does he even mean Wantagh, NY from Projekt Revolution 2007, the Australia/New Zealand 2007 shows, and the summer European shows from 2008?

Sooooo curious & dying to know more :)

Gold mine of the whole project and whole situation evolving with this is a Projekt Rev 04 show in soundboard/pro quality. Sweet jesus.

The way this is worded, "not sure that we have stuff as far back as 04" makes me think they're just going to release the shows from 2007 onwards that were recorded but not released - Australia/New Zealand 2007, summer European tour 2008, the 2009 shows that weren't released as DSPs, maybe KROQ 2007, Wantagh 2007, the first part of Epicenter 2009 before the power outage (if the recording wasn't totally corrupted by the power outage). Maybe some pre-Projekt Revolution stuff from 2007, but I'm not sure if that was all recorded.

They obviously DO have stuff from 2004, and even way earlier than that, so I don't see why he would make that kind of comment unless there's some kind of legal reasons preventing them from releasing shows from before Pooch became their sound engineer or something like that.