DBS To Play @ KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2009!

immortalsoul

Hell yeah! We'll get a high quality webcast! I can't wait for this.

I can't wait for a high quality rip of Morning After which the screaming!

KROQ's webcasts are "high quality?" Even in the most broad sense of the phrase, this is still news to me. KROQ's webcasts are terrible, they seriously haven't made any noticeable improvements in their webcast quality over the past 10 years.

BTW, go watch some recent live videos - They've been playing Morning After exactly the same as it is on the studio version.

Why? Obviously they will play Morning After. They didn't cut it even with the shortened setlist. :rolleyes:

Because we all obviously know how much time DBS will be given to play at a festival show that they won't be headlining. :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my bet for other shows: paramore, green day, afi, foo fighters

lp only in 2010

Dave is doing Them Crooked Vultures, I don't think Foo will do KROQ AAC.

12-6 Munich - Zenith

12-7 Berlin - Columbiahalle

12-6 Cologne - Palladium

12-10 Plymouth, England - Pavilions

12-11 Portsmouth, England - Guildhall

12-13 Blackpool, England - Empress Ballroom

Unless they play on the 5th and start the Euro tour on the 6th, I don't see that happening, lol. That'd even be a really close call so I doubt they'll do it.

Yah DBS will probably play Saturday, Dec. 12th. My other saturday predictions are AFI and Paramore. For a Sunday headliner, I'm predicting MUSE all the way. (Muse plays in Las Vegas the night before.) Definitely saving up for both.

and look at ulalume! dead by sunrise didn't headline the show, but again the setlist was not cut. full set :P

Exactly. Why wouldn't DBS get a full set anyways? It's fucking Chester Bennington. :lol: And besides if they were to get a shortened set time, trust me they will play Morning After. And btw Astat, I just saw DBS in NYC and at Ulalume and the Morning After they played was different. The drum intro and the screaming both are not in the studio version.

umm...no youre wrong. how about you go see them live

Umm...last time I checked, watching a live video vs. going to an actual live show doesn't make the version of the song performed magically change to something different.

And yeah, I'll go see them live, no problem. My family's living on unemployment checks and food stamps, we have one working car to share between 3 people, and the nearest to where I live that DBS has played is 375 miles away. No big deal, I'll get right on that!

Exactly. Why wouldn't DBS get a full set anyways? It's fucking Chester Bennington. :lol: And besides if they were to get a shortened set time, trust me they will play Morning After. And btw Astat, I just saw DBS in NYC and at Ulalume and the Morning After they played was different. The drum intro and the screaming both are not in the studio version.

- Sounds like the studio version to me. Doing a 4-count on the drums before a song isn't a "new intro," it tells the rest of the band when to start. And those screams Chester does after the guitar solo aren't something he does at every show. That doesn't make it a "different version" any more than Brad not playing guitar on the In the End bridge sometimes makes that a "different version" of that song. Edit those 4 screams and the little drum count-in into the studio version of the song, and it'd be exactly the same thing.

Hopefully they'll actually play a few songs acoustically, since you know, it is the Almost Acoustic Christmas, lol.

Does anybody really even do that anymore? I can't recall the last time I saw a band play acoustic there, but then again, I don't usually watch the full webcasts.

Umm...last time I checked, watching a live video vs. going to an actual live show doesn't make the version of the song performed magically change to something different.

And yeah, I'll go see them live, no problem. My family's living on unemployment checks and food stamps, we have one working car to share between 3 people, and the nearest to where I live that DBS has played is 375 miles away. No big deal, I'll get right on that!

- Sounds like the studio version to me. Doing a 4-count on the drums before a song isn't a "new intro," it tells the rest of the band when to start. And those screams Chester does after the guitar solo aren't something he does at every show. That doesn't make it a "different version" any more than Brad not playing guitar on the In the End bridge sometimes makes that a "different version" of that song. Edit those 4 screams and the little drum count-in into the studio version of the song, and it'd be exactly the same thing.

doucher

Does anybody really even do that anymore? I can't recall the last time I saw a band play acoustic there, but then again, I don't usually watch the full webcasts.

he's right its album version its a 4 count on the drums and chester only dose them screams when he feels like but its the same album version

he's right its album version its a 4 count on the drums and chester only dose them screams when he feels like but its the same album version

Chester has done the screaming after the solo at Hamburg, NYC and Ulalume and I'm pretty sure pretty much every other show. I don't know what you're talking about.

Chester has done the screaming after the solo at Hamburg, NYC and Ulalume and I'm pretty sure pretty much every other show. I don't know what you're talking about.

so he's done the screaming at every other show that wasint my point im on about the fact the song live is still the album version wether he dose the screaming or not

Edited by sian18

I haven't seen a band do like LP did in 2001 and do 4 straight acoustic songs, but every year I do see one band mid-set or near the end of their set say "Well since this is Almost Acoustic Christmas, we decided to bring along our ole acoustic guitar" and play a song. Usually it's just one from what I've seen the past few years. The latest one I remember is Hero Of War by Rise Against (2007?). I don't think I watched the whole thing in 200 because if I recall correctly the lineup was terrible.