Linkin Park Forced To Cancel Asia Tour

Jack

Straight From www.linkinpark.com:

"Linkin Park has been forced to cancel their upcoming Music For Relief Concerts in Mainland China, Macau and Taipei as lead vocalist Chester Bennington has sustained a back injury and is under doctor's orders to refrain from traveling or any physical activities. Linkin Park sincerely regrets this unavoidable cancellation and apologizes to fans for any disappointment caused. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase.

The concerts were organized as fundraisers to benefit Sichuan, an area ravaged by a devastating earthquake this past May. However, thanks to generous donations from concert promoter Emma Ticketmaster and Linkin Park, funds will still be contributed to the band’s nonprofit organization, Music for Relief, and matched by the World Bank. These funds will benefit post-earthquake reconstruction projects in the Sichuan Province initiated by Chinese Civil Society Organizations.

The cancelled shows are as follows:

Oct. 12 - Shanghai, China - Shanghai Stadium

Oct. 15 - Wuhan, China - Xinhua Stadium

Oct. 17 - Taipei, Taiwan - Taipei Soccer Stadium

Oct. 19 - Beijing, China - Beijing Workers Stadium

Oct. 21 - Macau, China Cotai Arena - The Venetian"

What does this mean? Will Chester recover and the band will reschedule? Is Projekt Revolution going to be the last time we hear LP live this year? What do you think?

I'm not surprised the China shows were cancelled. Actually after Monday's show was cancelled I've been expecting this. I wish there were more details on what happened to Chester and just how bad is it. Given his tendency to power through, I'm thinking it must be pretty serious for him to be sidelined like this. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_sad.gif

well chester, while you're recovering you can work on release DBS, write songs for lp and help Julien-k release their cd too.

Lol guys they've been touring for two freaking years!!! Give them some rest!!!! Id think Chester will be goin into the studio for a few days, but on the other hand, if the tour isnt rescheduled then they will at least get to work on DBS and the new LP album sooner! Ik that alot of ppl were dyin to hear NRL but things come up that can't be changed, so we just have to go with the flow. I'm sure they will play it once at least, Mike did promise us. As for other songs, well then just wait for the next batch of set lists on next tour.

http://xtremeradio.com/pages/2952406.php?

this, Valerie? I don't see it here?

Chester getting hurt:

-Recluse spider bite in 2001 in Boston

-Hiatal hernia in 2003 (caused 1 show of PR03 to be canceled - Evansville)

-Extreme laryngitis (however it's spelled) and then severe back problems in April 2003 (14 shows canceled from April to June - an entire European tour)

-Broken arm on 2003 European run (TWO casts on in the FTI video)

-Broken arm on 2007 Australian run from jumping off the top of the stage

-Hits himself in the face with a tennis racket on the Asian 07 run, requiring stitches

-Throat infection on MWT 04 run (1 canceled show, 1 abbreviated setlist show)

-Gets sick on the US Winter 08 run (2 canceled shows, 5 abbreviated setlist shows)

-Fucks up back in October 08 - Las Vegas and entire Asian tour is canceled (6 shows)

Chester getting hurt:

-Extreme laryngitis (however it's spelled) and then severe back problems in April 2003 (14 shows canceled from April to June - an entire European tour)

-Hits himself in the face with a tennis racket on the Asian 07 run, requiring stitches

-Gets sick on the US Winter 08 run (2 canceled shows, 5 abbreviated setlist shows)

-Fucks up back in October 08 - Las Vegas and entire Asian tour is canceled (6 shows)

chester really needs live inside a bubble

im affraid of him got a coma in next time :?

and don't forget which he got sick during meteora recordings...

Chester getting hurt:

Dude, that is one crazy list. Poor Chaz, he just loves getting hurt. Accident prone is an understatement. Hope this back injury heals quickly. I know they suck, I still occasionally feel the pain from falling out of the attic 2 X-mases ago.

Oh!!! My God!!!!

He must hurt himself seriously...............

My friends and family in Taiwan will be very disappointed.

They bought tickets couple months ago and LP cancel the show now...........

Hope Chaz will recover soon.

I am wondering to know what happened to let him hurt so badly = =

He is really a magnet to all bad lucks............

Ok, he supporsed to have time to release dead by sunrise ASAP now. haha

I guess I will be bored through the rest of the year. Hope they will have their new LP record done soon.

BTW, the new forum style looks really good. I really like it.

Chester getting hurt:

I agree... he should live inside a bubble

but... get a coma? I hope no :cry:

btw... I'm sure Chester'll get well very soon :P

Yes that's right. If it's not up yet, it should be up later today. They also played the remix on the air.

It's there under Linkin Park update about 6 links down on the page.

Hopefully someone can snag the audio so we can have it even after the web takes it down.

Chester getting hurt:

i don't know, but chester is too weak to a normal person, i think he have a serious problem in his organism

Chester getting hurt:

i don't know, but chester is too weak to a normal person, i think he have a serious problem in his organism

TOO WEAK? c'mon man, try to travel around the world like he does and you will know how painful is that.

I feel really bad for those Asian fans who were posting on the LPMB. From the wording in the message it sounds as though the tour will not be rescheduled but I guess we'll see. I hope Chester's injury isn't too serious!