LPTimes Problem

hahninator

Please do not visit LPTimes - http://www.lptimes.com - right now!

Jas (owner) has sent Nameless (Fabio) message saying the following:

"some moron hacked into my server, not only LPT but all my sites contains malware.

I've contacted my host and hopefully they can fix it asap, thanks for the email Fabio and please tell your friends about the situation."

Please be careful...we'll let you know when the site is free of malware again. As always, I hate to see LP-related sites (and such a good one as LPTimes) affected by situations like this. Hope you get it fixed soon Jas!

Probably someone who owns a LP related website too and is jealous?

Are you trying to tell us something? :P

LPtimes is one the most 'famous' fansite, so i'd pin the blame on LP-haters or people with to much time on their hands.

Woah, I'm glad LPL have mentioned this.

I went on LPT the other day and i was suddenly bomarded with popups & god knows what - quickly turned off my modem before anything downloaded itself.

Terrible that people do this. LPT was one of my favourite LP sites. I hope they get it fixed as soon as they can.

I just use the word password or 123456.

</n00b>

Lies!! I just tried it!

j/k

According to my instructor at this tech school I go to, all hackers are psychopathic law breakers on par with murderers and rapists.. but he's pretty crazy so who knows...

Hope that site is restored soon, it definitely has my respect.

cyro you need a new instructor if he crazy :P

well i went onto LPT @college and nothing popped up lol, but i noticed the green scroll bars or is that the stupid pc @college?

anyways it was one of the first sites that i used for LP news and media and i still do now and again

hackers probably wanted to find out how easy it was to get in :rolleyes:

Lies!! I just tried it!

j/k

According to my instructor at this tech school I go to, all hackers are psychopathic law breakers on par with murderers and rapists.. but he's pretty crazy so who knows...

Hope that site is restored soon, it definitely has my respect.

The site itself isn't actually vandalized in any way, all the content is still there. It's just been injected with a bunch of malware (popups, trojans, and whatnot). It comes up as a dangerous site when you try to visit it on Firefox, assuming you haven't changed your default security settings.

Most hackers are seriously just bored teenagers who like to see what they can get away with. Look up EvilZone, for instance. It's seriously on par with 4chan as far as being a total cesspool full of examples of all the undesirable stuff on the Internet, the only difference is everybody on there is a hacker.

• 3 weeks later...

Please be careful...we'll let you know when the site is free of malware again. As always, I hate to see LP-related sites (and such a good one as LPTimes) affected by situations like this. Hope you get it fixed soon Jas!

LPTimes is malware free again