Misc DBS stuff

LESTAT

*rolls eyes*

I knew him saying that would prompt this kind of comment.

He never said he was "following" the band. However, who are you to say what the "proper" way is to follow a band? I follow Creed because I like Mark Tremonti's guitar playing. Is that bad?

Why is he on here? LESTAT runs the Julien-K and Chester portion of the site. You don't have to be a diehard LP fan to work for LPLive. I take GREAT pride in my staff knowing how diverse we are and how, with that in mind, we can all still work together very well. If there's one thing I like about LPLive, is I think hands down the group of people I work with is an incredibly talented, awesome group of people. Everyone brings something different to the table and it really shows in my opinion.

If someone hates LP but loves DBS and wants to do the DBS section, then they are more than welcome. I never set any criteria for the members in terms of you HAVE to like LP to come here. LPLive has just SOB fans, LPLive has just Julien-K fans, LPLive has just LP fans, LPLive has fans of all LP-related projects and not LP, LPLive has all sorts of people that like different bands we include on the site. Just because it is labeled LPLive doesn't mean you have to love LP. I know people hate us posting other band's stuff like Julien-K, but seriously, they can get over that.

LESTAT likes Julien-K, and he loves Chester, but not necessarily LP. I love having him work on the site; he's one of the hardest working staff members we have, but according to you he doesn't belong here since he doesn't like LP?

:rolleyes:

EDIT: I'm not trying to come off as mean or insult you in any way, just so you know. A lot of people have complained about this before and I felt I finally needed to say something on the matter.

Outright insulting LP is what i don't like. This site i remember started of with LP and is called Lplive. The side projects were added after-wards so yes, i take offense when someone insults the band i am a fan of on a fansite. I get that most people don't think much of LP and i can live with that.(exhibit A: Epicenter) To each their own. But on their own damn site or fan sites, that's just too much.

Off all the places, this is the second most inappropriate place besides the bands site. I don't care much for Julien-K so i stay away from anything that involves them. I don't flood the threads with my lack of interest. I understand that it relates to Linkin Park indirectly and respect that.

I demand the same respect. And that goes for that dude Sotrix who keeps insulting Chester on here.

Edited by arbiter

Outright insulting LP is what i don't like. This site i remember started of with LP and is called Lplive. The side projects were added after-wards so yes, i take offense when someone insults the band i am a fan of on a fansite. I get that most people don't think much of LP and i can live with that.(exhibit A: Epicenter) To each their own. But on their own damn site or fan sites, that's just too much.

Off all the places, this is the second most inappropriate place besides the bands site. I don't care much for Julien-K so i stay away from anything that involves them. I don't flood the threads with my lack of interest. I understand that it relates to Linkin Park indirectly and respect that.

I demand the same respect. And that goes for that dude Sotrix who keeps insulting Chester on here.

Point taken and seconded @ the last sentence of both paragraphs. I'll see what I can do. Thanks :)

Thank you, Mark.

I never really jumped here screaming "LP SUCKS! CHESTER FTW!!1"

I have my own point of view and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.

Yeah, Sotrix are going too far sometimes acting like Chester kicked his dog or something, but basically I don't really care of someone's opposite opinion and people don't have to care about mine.

Friendly discussion is a great way to express our opinions.

Well i have to agree, i come here every day (don't post in the forum) i don't like LP anymore, i loved them and know a lot of things about them but i think that my musical tastes have changed or grown and i don't think they are great musicians (except for mike, TRT was an amazing album), you want to know how good is Chester? Listen to DBS, read the lyrics, of course there's nothing written about tastes but i think they aren't any good.

I guess i still come here as a sign of appreciattion, they made me love music and i think they are really great human beings and make me laugh a lot.

But i think we all have different reasons of why we come here, it may be named "LPlive" but it's much bigger than that.

so slowly back to topic, i think Fire sounds good from BBC! I think Ryan should try to be a bit more louder its more powerful when he sings the "your looking down upon me" look at Fire from Stuttgart nd youll see what i mean. its more like an emotional powerful kind im getting at

in general i like LP, sometimes they just take the easy way to do some kind of thing, to be honest rob, phi and brad shouldnt be in the band, but like mark said, we all have open minds.

If Brad and Rob weren't in the band, there would be no such thing as Linkin Park. It's that simple. And it's good to know you word your opinion as fact, that's always a good thing :rolleyes:

in general i like LP, sometimes they just take the easy way to do some kind of thing, to be honest rob, phi and brad shouldnt be in the band, but like mark said, we all have open minds.

I just don't agree 100% because Rob is very good. In Meteora, drums was almost perfect, I think. Rob just can't repeat that style because MTM is other style, so he needs change drums style too.

Idiotic statement.

And another one...

lol

LP doesn't need to "show off" in their music to get fans/attention. They don't need to go all out on their instruments and make solos that just show off how fast they can play and don't suit the song. They make the perfect sounds for songs, nothing more, nothing less, no matter how complicated or simple; they go for what sounds right. Their music has always been "take it or leave it" and I like that.

You are right.. That's why Linkin Park sucks! lol

I never really jumped here screaming "LP SUCKS! CHESTER FTW!!1"

Yes you did! *points at above quote* Sure you didn't write it in blocks but and i don't see how that makes any difference. Same words, same meaning.

When I'm knocking Chester I mean no offense to his fans. If my opinions get a rise out of people and launch a debate, that's an unintentional consequence. Or is it? :P

Oh and before I forget, Mike has more talent as an artist and a musician than a zillion Chesters.

Viva La Shinoda!

And another one... You have hearing issues if you think dbs or julien k is anywhere near as good as lp.

and you have knowledge issues if you don't know taste of music diverses...

If someone is more into electronic music, he would probably think Julien-K is way better than LP!

(from my point, Chester is a better singer than Ryan is, but all the Julien-K guys are better musicians than the LP guys...well, Mike's an exception though I don't like his style)

Yes you did! *points at above quote* Sure you didn't write it in blocks but and i don't see how that makes any difference. Same words, same meaning.

I mean that it was the first time when I posted anything like that.

/End of discussion

I don't like LP because its not good enough for me.

Chester's vocals is the only good thing about this band. I don't hate other members, I just think they are mediocre musicians.

I'm actually backing you up on that. I wouldn't be so drastic as in naming them "mediocre musicians" BUT Chester and his voice are basically the only thing that keeps me listening to LP, even though the others (e.g. Mike) are of course talented in their areas as well. But without Chester's voice, I couldn't have listened to any song of MTM, I guess - instrumentally this CD was just too much of a disappointment. Therefore I'm even more grateful for DBS :)

I'm also a diehard Julien-K fan (and now DBS fan as well) and not so much of an LP fan anymore but I nevertheless keep coming on here because you guys aren't simply specializing on LP but also cover the LP-related stuff, and that's what I really like about this site!