Out Of Ashes Release

hahninator

I've got no special plans yet other than to buy the album and hear the 5 or 6 songs that I haven't heard yet. This is the day when all my patience of sitting through the leak and the free streaming (on their myspace) without hearing the rest of the songs pays off! Finally, I can hear the couple songs which I've resisted listening to the last couple weeks.

After buying this CD I have a whole new hate for jewel cases and security stickers lol

But one thing I noticed that was really cool was that the CD has ID tags. I didn't know audio CD's could do that; I thought only mp3 or data CD's could. I tried putting in some other CD's (Reanimation, Minutes to Midnight (Tour Edition), New Divide) and none of them said any track information. So if you have a CD player that can read ID tags then Out Of Ashes can support it!

EDIT: I checked other CD's (such as Road to Revolution and Minutes to Midnight) and they also supported the tag feature. I guess if the CD Matrix (the text on the back of the disc) says "TEXT" on it, then it should work. I have some that say "TEXT 01" and TEXT 02" and they both work.

Also when I went to Best Buy I noticed that they started selling Meteora in jewel cases.

Edited by Aiman

I bought it this morning. It's only 10 bucks at Best Buy, pretty good deal. I like the artwork. I wish there was a DVD though...

Just went and picked up 2 copies. Paid $14.50 for one, kinda pricey.

First, the positives.

Positives of the CD:

- Badass CD design. Just looks sexy as hell

- Awesome cover....back is meh (too much Tom Whalley, LOL, na jk...no design on the back but whatever)

- CD info...like the CD displays the names of the songs in my car when I play it. No other CD does that for me, that's badass right there. I hope LP has that on their next CD.

Negatives of the CD:

- Booklet. Like 6 pages of art and no lyrics. WTF. No lyrics in a CD released in 2009? I thought every CD had lyrics, lol. Fail.

- No bonus tracks. 12 songs, no "The Morning After", no acoustic stuff, nothing. No special edition.

- Jewel case. Took my copy out of the seal, played the CD in the car on the way back, and then put it back in the case and took it to my dorm room. Barely any touching and there's already a scratch, lol. Jewel fail. Jewel case is just a cheap ass product IMO.

Overall opinion:

I like DBS and the CD design is cool, but that's about it. Jewel casing is a piece of shit these days, the booklet has no lyrics, we still have no info on bonus tracks (I doubt we'll get a DVD)... 6/10 on the release whereas Fort Minor got a 10/10.

Just went and picked up 2 copies. Paid $14.50 for one, kinda pricey.

First, the positives.

Positives of the CD:

- Badass CD design. Just looks sexy as hell

- Awesome cover....back is meh (too much Tom Whalley, LOL, na jk...no design on the back but whatever)

- CD info...like the CD displays the names of the songs in my car when I play it. No other CD does that for me, that's badass right there. I hope LP has that on their next CD.

Negatives of the CD:

- Booklet. Like 6 pages of art and no lyrics. WTF. No lyrics in a CD released in 2009? I thought every CD had lyrics, lol. Fail.

- No bonus tracks. 12 songs, no "The Morning After", no acoustic stuff, nothing. No special edition.

- Jewel case. Took my copy out of the seal, played the CD in the car on the way back, and then put it back in the case and took it to my dorm room. Barely any touching and there's already a scratch, lol. Jewel fail. Jewel case is just a cheap ass product IMO.

Overall opinion:

I like DBS and the CD design is cool, but that's about it. Jewel casing is a piece of shit these days, the booklet has no lyrics, we still have no info on bonus tracks (I doubt we'll get a DVD)... 6/10 on the release whereas Fort Minor got a 10/10.

I agree that it sucks that we didn't get any bonus tracks or a DVD or anything. I also hate jewel cases as well but it's not that big of a deal for me. The artwork in the booklet is cool but perhaps the worst thing about the whole CD is no lyrics. Wth...I might have expected no lyrics in like 1998 but not in late 2009.