Milton Keynes on DVD

hahninator

Well, aren't you a bunch of ungrateful little bastards. We have no right to be getting this DVD, LP thought the fans should get a new CD/DVD and all you're doing is complaining. How about some thanks for the time and effort they put into it, rather than bitching about which concerts were better. Fans like you don't even deserve soundboard rips.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, aren't you a bunch of ungrateful little bastards. We have no right to be getting this DVD, LP thought the fans should get a new CD/DVD and all you're doing is complaining. How about some thanks for the time and effort they put into it, rather than bitching about which concerts were better. Fans like you don't even deserve soundboard rips.

I sure hope you aren't even thinking about referring to my website, my staff, or me with that tone.

The more I think of it. This DVD is surely made for the them to please all the fans. sure not everyone is excited about it. but why not think of it as a great gift to those who Finally got to go to a PR show outside of the U.S.

to give them their own "Live in Texas" CD/DVD bundle

keep feeding me with ur beautiful words and ill think if i can ban you.

Now that I think about it, he had a point. You think that just because you were mentioned (On a small note I might add.) once by Mike Shinoda, you can treat others like dogs? The guy was just saying people should be more appreciative of what LP has to offer. Instead all he gets is "HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT LOLZ". Come on...seriously. You are becoming what you wanted to get rid of all along.

I think it can be a good DVD if it's done nicely. Meaning, better camera work than LiT, no abuse of slowmo effects, and it's just 1 show not 2. And I really hope they put some bonus stuff on the DVD, LiT was just a joke bonus wise.

The problem with the CD is they can't make it fit onto 1 CD, it's 18 minutes too long.

What a shame they removed Reading My Eyes.

Can't agree you more. I really hate the way they shoot Live in Texas. Rock am ring shows are all way much better.

Hope they change another videographer this time.

Yes Yes!! The the bonus!!! I want to see the backstage haha!

Anyway, really excited that they are goint to release another official DVD.

Looking forward to see it.

What ever happened to not saying anything at all if you have nothing nice to say?? :rolleyes:

Although, it is funny that you come in here and bash the entire site with one post, good job...Posted Image

Alright...enough of the flaming/insulting/fighting/etc.

Let's get back on topic and stay on topic...if you have an opinion on the MK DVD, then post it. Love it, hate it, etc. But voice that and move on. If you have nothing to say, then let others voice their opinion...if some are excited, great...if some aren't, then not. We all need to remember that we are not always going to agree on everything and there is no need to be rude over such. You can't win everyone over.

There is no need for name calling, insulting remarks, or anything of that nature, so cut it out. Any further attacks against the site, the staff, each other or anything else, will result in a warning or ban. Let's all be mature and discuss the topic at hand.

The band.... this sounds more like a Warner idea, we all know that MK was supposed to be just broadcasted on TV and it now turned into a release. This is a forum for discussing things. It's been a while since LP release a live DVD, and now a lot awesome concerts after they release one again, even though they said they won't. And since Live in Texas has it's known flaws we have the right to discuss what we wish for the next ones and share our opinions.

I wanna see how much time the band spends on this, probably a lot less than the production team.

any release date :geek:

Very likely before X-Mas at least, maybe even November, we'll see.

To maybe end this, "they should have picked another show" argument. Theoretically they could for example release any of the PR:08 US shows, cause we all know they had cameras on stage, video screens and that they recorded this (proves LPTV). Anyways those recordings are not good enough for being released, cause they simply didn't have enough cameras/angles/footage. If you look for example at the Wantagh stage shot you see, that you barely see the crowd or far views onto the stage or of the venue. All you have is close ups from the band members for the purpose being shown on the video screens. For all people further back to see.

So what they can release are shows especially recorded for a release or a TV broadcast, as it is the case for MK.

the greatest mistake of this dvd, is release the DSP from mk, all we know this show, how was, this lose the "magic" of dvd, you will buy and watch and think, "i already listened this"

would be better if they recorded the german pr, sounds better than mk

If you aren't capable of criticizing a band you love, you are not a "fan" in any way, shape, or form. You're nothing more than a sheep.

Yeah, they had better shows. I think Milton Keynes is still a good show for a DVD though. They'll undoubtedly edit the show substantially more than it is on the DSP, so it's kind of a moot point what show is "better." They can make any show sound good with enough work. Visually, it should be a great DVD with the massive Milton Keynes crowd and the photogenic aspect of the venue (it's the same place Green Day's Bullet in a Bible DVD was filmed). I'm worried about the video editing more than anything. No slow-mo crap/inserting shots from different songs/seizure-inducing quick camera angle changes, please.

In terms of summing up the entire Minutes to Midnight touring cycle with a single show, I think either this show or Madison Square Garden takes the cake.

The setlist of this show is amazing, and long! "Don't Stay" and "Reading My Eyes" will be missing, that's right, but there is more fantastic song! I can't wait for the DVD... 8-)

[...]

Very likely before X-Mas at least, maybe even November, we'll see.

If they release their new live DVD in November (I'm overtrust :)), my purse will become thinner. GTA 4, NFS:UC, Rammstein, now LP yet - will I have some money? :mrgreen:

they need a miracle to make this dvd

There were a number of problems with the the video screen behind the band, which caused the show to be delayed by 10 minutes. The problems persisted with the video during 'What I've Done' messing up, as well as an orange LP logo appearing out of place during the following song.

- Chester said that this was officially the biggest Projekt Revolution show to date.

- Phoenix came out wearing a Music For Relief Bandana to cover his face.

- Mike shook his head when a number of fans started chanting for 'No Roads Left'.

- There was a lot of confusion surrounding details for the LPU Meet And Greet, which resulted in certain members missing the signing.

- Rob had problems with his ride cymbal after 'Given Up'.

- Joe and his wife were watching the Jay-Z set from the side of the stage.

- This was the first ever Projekt Revolution date in the UK.

- Other bands at this show were InnerPartySystem, The Bravery, Enter Shikari, N*E*R*D, Pendulum, and Jay-Z.

- The show was supposed to be broadcasted on various MTV channels in Europe. For an unkwon reason, it was dropped off the schedule at the last minute.

http://www.lpu-international.com/Milton%20...202008/Mike.jpg

It's great that they give us a new live dvd...

I don't think that we'll get the same sound as the dsp.

But I hope they don't do it like LiT. Even with the sound. The sound in LiT doesn't sound live... It sounds like a studio version.

And they shouldn't mix the guitars in one song {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm happy that the next DVD will be of a European concert; and MK is the natural choice making in advance, since it was their biggest open air show. But performance-wise it was indeed an incredibly lackluster show (with the exception of Given Up - best performance this year. On Chester's part at least). Also, I can't stand the idea that once again there'll be an LP product with Jay-Z on it. Can't they stand on their own anymore, for f***'s sake? Not to mention that we really have enough CC live recordings ...

And what's with all these technical difficulties?

Whatever, I'm sure visually it's gonna be great - and I just hope the mixing won't be as catastrophic as on LIT. If this sounds again like a studio rehearsal or something, I'll go back to the DSP and never look back.

One thing I hate about this show is that there's no "Don't Stay" and "Reading My Eyes".

I have better hopes from this DVD than LIT. I definitely don't want this to be like LIT in terms of mixing and all. The audio from LiT was excellent. I love Crawling from that show.

It's about time we had a "proper" live DVD. LIT was kinda crap, with the video from two different shows and everything.

One thing I hate about this show is that there's no "Don't Stay" and "Reading My Eyes".

I have better hopes from this DVD than LIT. I definitely don't want this to be like LIT in terms of mixing and all. The audio from LiT was excellent. I love Crawling from that show.

It's about time we had a "proper" live DVD. LIT was kinda crap, with the video from two different shows and everything.

I can live without Don't Stay, that song got old live about 2 years ago IMO. MK isn't the best show setlist-wise, but comparing it to LIT, it's still vastly different and does a good job showing how much the band's live show has evolved since then. The last time Linkin Park released a full live DVD, they hadn't even played Breaking the Habit live yet.

The technical problems with the video screen probably won't be much of an issue - they just won't use shots that focus on the screen when they occur. Other than that, there weren't any real major problems at the show, and most of the mistakes were relatively small and can be fixed easily (let's face it, we know they'll do it).

Also, I can't stand the idea that once again there'll be an LP product with Jay-Z on it. Can't they stand on their own anymore, for f***'s sake? Not to mention that we really have enough CC live recordings ...

Aaaaand Jay-Z hater #1 (of many more to come, I'm sure) comes crawling out of the woodwork. No, Linkin Park can't stand on their own anymore, they just released a multi-platinum album that was the 2nd best-selling album of 2007 and it was a complete fluke. And the only officially released CC live recordings are the CC DVD and ONE SONG on the Live 8 DVD...both the songs performed at Milton Keynes are different versions than the original CC mashups, on top of that.

Aaaaand Jay-Z hater #1 (of many more to come, I'm sure) comes crawling out of the woodwork. No, Linkin Park can't stand on their own anymore, they just released a multi-platinum album that was the 2nd best-selling album of 2007 and it was a complete fluke. And the only officially released CC live recordings are the CC DVD and ONE SONG on the Live 8 DVD...both the songs performed at Milton Keynes are different versions than the original CC mashups, on top of that.

I wouldn't call myself a hater, I really like CC. But for my taste, it's enough. Granted, mine is the perspective of a die-hard fan, not the regular consumer, and when I mention CC recordings that we have, I'm talking about the complete Live 8 set, and also the MSG recording. And all that was great. But as mentioned before, LP doesn't release a live CD every other year, so if they finally do one again, I somehow want this to be pure LP. Of course they can stand on their own. that's my point. Why not just do it then?

Btw, if they release a live single, what song do you guys think it will be? WID? At least that was one of the few good performances that night ...

I don't think this was the best show to pick for a live DVD at all. I would have much rather seen Madison Square Garden, Edgefest, anything really. Why not a PR08 show? That would have been awesome, having proshots of LP with SDC, Chris Cornell, Busta Rhymes and a bunch of great performances.

Well, they have better shows, but this one is good too {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif I hope they'll be a new song, like the Evanescence's "Anywhere But Home" {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

EDIT: From where can I download the DSP? {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif