Milton Keynes on DVD

hahninator

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I like Pooch's work a lot, he is excellent. However, you can easily tell that the 07 and 08 shows are mixed differently. Once the Euro 08 shows started in the Winter, the audio sound changed somehow. Maybe they changed gear? I'm not sure. But listen to a show like Auburn 2007. That is EPIC. One of my favorite LP shows ever. Compare Points Of Authority's intro at that show to any other DSP/live CD from LP. Especially 2008. The low sounding 2008 shows sound much worse. I still love them, but I think something is odd on the mixing.

Live In Texas's audio is GODLY. I wonder how they got it to sound that well. Imagine like you said if the DSPs sound that way - wow. But yes, the live sound from Pooch is 110% perfect...I've never heard a band live that sounds as good as LP...it's absolutely perfect...but the DSPs are a little weird. Not sure what's going on. Auburn started off great, then they started going to the lower sounding mixes. I know exactly what you're talking about because last week I even compared Points from Auburn to other shows, etc.

I 100000000000000000000% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

When England 2008 shows (Shows until England sounded same as 2007) started - recordings became very bad. 2007 Asia recordings wasn't so good too, but it still sounded better than 2008...

Auburn 2007 was totally epic, BEST show of entire MTM tour. I think Auburn recording is best live recording from Pooch ever. Every show after Auburn was mixed much weaker, WHY? :cry:

I hope that MK DVD video will be mixed and sounds like Auburn!

The setlist of this show is amazing, and long! "Don't Stay" and "Reading My Eyes" will be missing, that's right, but there is more fantastic song! I can't wait for the DVD... <!-- s8-) --><!-- s8-) -->

Setlist from this show WAS NOT amazing. FTI switched with LFY - TERRIBLE and HHH acapella too.

I don't think that original (SET X) is bad (it's damn good and I've saw LP playing this set...), but for show like Milton Keynes - totally boring. Worst thing at the show - no RME, they could drop From The Inside, Papercut, Pushing Me Away or other song - but NOT RME...

Whatever, I think that Live DVD idea is good. I hope that the show will be hardly mixed, because DSP audio - SUCKS (I totally hate this show on DSP)...

I 100000000000000000000% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

When England 2008 shows (Shows until England sounded same as 2007) started - recordings became very bad. 2007 Asia recordings wasn't so good too, but it still sounded better than 2008...

Auburn 2007 was totally epic, BEST show of entire MTM tour. I think Auburn recording is best live recording from Pooch ever. Every show after Auburn was mixed much weaker, WHY? :cry:

I hope that MK DVD video will be mixed and sounds like Auburn!

Setlist from this show WAS NOT amazing. FTI switched with LFY - TERRIBLE and HHH acapella too.

I don't think that original (SET X) is bad (it's damn good and I've saw LP playing this set...), but for show like Milton Keynes - totally boring. Worst thing at the show - no RME, they could drop From The Inside, Papercut, Pushing Me Away or other song - but NOT RME...

Whatever, I think that Live DVD idea is good. I hope that the show will be hardly mixed, because DSP audio - SUCKS (I totally hate this show on DSP)...

I agree with you. Auburn 2007 is an amazing show. Why not release that on DVD? :P

But yes, I saw Set X from PR08 twice and I guarantee it's better than MK. The MK setlist was very bad in my opinion. Hopefully the audio is very good and has some good camera angles and backstage footage.

Say what you want but if you look at the entire cycle from an unbiased point of view, this show was one of the worst ones. Madison Square Garden is incredibly better than this show.

I was at MSG, it was fuckin epic :D

interesting side note: it was actually sal's 40th LP show. Chester says it right before NMS

So that's wat he said!!!! i was there too and i cudnt understand it, and i listened to the DSP a thousand times!!! I thought he said south's 40th show.... Btw acodemaster, ik u made an instrumental to high voltage i found it on youtube when i was lookin for instrumentals, cud u plz upload it

Why not a PR08 show?

It is a PR08 show :P

Not really.

So chester lied? :P

IMO i thought it was an awesome show not just because of the setlist or anything but because of the atmosphere, and at the end of the day if you didnt like the DSP then dont buy the dvd. Im personally looking foreward to it as it shows how there performance has changed from lit.

im probably gunna get cained for writing my opinion but i dont reli care :)

As I already said before, there are almost no other possible shows to pick from. A petition is useless. They don't start working on it and let it be just cause of a petition by a few people. It could be worse, let's wait and see what they make out of it.

As I already said before, there are almost no other possible shows to pick from. A petition is useless. They don't start working on it and let it be just cause of a petition by a few people. It could be worse, let's wait and see what they make out of it.

He's right, no point in putting up a petition. Plus is there a point to releasing a show that was recorded last year? Kinda late isn't it

this is frikn crazy right here, i dont enjoy live cds much, especially if u already have the dsp, i agrre that live in texas was a great show, and the quality was perfect. hopfully though pooch and the other guys mixed this really well, (better than dsp version) that way we got something to look foreward to, that and the dvd. lolz. to add on, i hope they dont make it so u have to get the lpu cd to get those last few like lpu3. but lpu3 had like 2-3 videos in it 2? (correct me on that) im still going to be kinda happy with this though. i've started to drift a bit from LP. (happens when thats the only thing you listen to for more than 5 years lolz) so im expecting good and bad. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif

It was a PR show, i couldn't give a flyin rat ass what any1 thinks. if its a PR show then IT IS a PR show. Don't dismiss it & say its not when it is.

If yah are sayin that MK wasn't a PR show, u gonna say that for the germany shows as well?

It was a PR show but not a PR show comparable to the US version. I think Europe has only a few amphitheaters which makes it harder to pull it up like in the US with different stages and all that. So Europe gets PR lite {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Or maybe the Americans can't accept it cause it was the largest PR show to date (?).

I'm happy that the next DVD will be of a European concert; and MK is the natural choice making in advance, since it was their biggest open air show. But performance-wise it was indeed an incredibly lackluster show (with the exception of Given Up - best performance this year. On Chester's part at least). Also, I can't stand the idea that once again there'll be an LP product with Jay-Z on it. Can't they stand on their own anymore, for f***'s sake? Not to mention that we really have enough CC live recordings ...

I listen to a lot of rap/hiphop and i don't mind if there is Jay-Z in this DVD. It seems to have some Jay-Z "haters" here but why you guys don't like him? Because he raps? because he belongs to the hiphop industry? or just because you don't like rap and CC?

I don't like CC as well and i never listen to it, except 2 songs from time to time.

Linkin Park has its hiphop side (so they're all on their own), but MTM has totally erased this part, except for Hands held high.

And Jay-Z is a damn good artist, but maybe it's just a musical taste story.