Milton Keynes on DVD

hahninator

From Mike over at his blog at http://www.mikeshinoda.com

"Hey everyone. I'm happy to announce that we are putting together a new live CD/DVD for you guys! We recorded the show at Milton Keynes (Projekt Rev, UK), and we will be releasing it in a DVD/CD combo pack as soon as we can get it done.

However, we're having trouble naming the album...so we want you to name it!

Please help out by spreading the word. We want as many fans as possible to go to THIS THREAD on the linkinpark.com message boards, and pitch in on the discussion. After we get some titles we like, we'll put them up for everyone to vote on.

Please help us name the new live CD/DVD!

Name it here: (You must be 18 or older to name it).

http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread.ph...8488#post448488

-mike and LP"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A worst show!!?? wtf? That show was out of this world! One thing you really have to realize with this is that this is not how well LP came out in terms of sounding good, that’s all going to be completely edited and layered and it doesn’t sound bad at all to begin with, the set list was not put together to excite those always eager for something different at every single show, the set list is designed to have a typical Linkin Park fan's favourite songs. The visuals are going to be a very key part, the sunset and the crowd there went crazy and so did LP, the show is close to perfect for a DVD.

If I had to give a couple of band points for the show it would probably be the fact that they didn’t complete Numb/Encore which I was hoping they would. The HHH acapella ended far too abruptly.

The show had dam good reasons to be hyped up, SEVEN bands played on that day, Collision Course did very well in terms of charts and popularity here then any other LP song (who typicaly don't do as well here in the charts then other countrys) plus the show was very close to the Glastonbury dates. I wont be surpised if the end title of the CD/DVD will fit perfectly with its location.

I just hope they consider realiseing it in HD as well.

I really loved Live in Texas so I think they should edit it that way. Or I don't think they should edit the sound the same way, making it false, but I like the whole slow motion thing. Just make sure to not change to image from other songs within a song, it's pretty revealing when all of a sudden Brad is holding a new guitar. Happened ten times a song.

Still, they should mix the sound of the show again, do not use the sound which is all ready released. The only thing I don't like about pooch is: When he edits a show, you can't hear the rythm guitar at all and Brad's guitar dosn't fill your speakers up. I know there are more things than just guitar in LP but everything else seems to be fine. Oh, and Joe could need more volume too.

Okay, for guitars... Go listen to ANY version of Lying From You from pooch. Then listen to Lying From You from Live in Texas: THAT is how it should be mixed, not that low shitty sound. I know it's not like this at the shows, he is a perfect mixer at the show, I've experienced it myself, but the audio releases are pretty bad imo.

And for rythm guitar. Start by listining to the studio version of Pusing me Away: Mike's guitar part is the loudest. Then listen to any of the new Pushing me Away audio releases, you can't hear Mike's part, it's drowned in bass and Brad (cool line eh?!). Or Crawling, any song with Mike on rythm guitar.

Seach for "Linkin Park Live" on youtube and the first video you will find of Faint (The 2003 detroit show) is a great example of how the guitars should be mixed.

What do you think?

Yeah ! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

But it's not cool for those who bought the DSP ????!!!! {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_surprised.gif They bought the DSP + the CD/DVD ...

I hope that there will be some bonus {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

I really loved Live in Texas so I think they should edit it that way. Or I don't think they should edit the sound the same way, making it false, but I like the whole slow motion thing. Just make sure to not change to image from other songs within a song, it's pretty revealing when all of a sudden Brad is holding a new guitar. Happened ten times a song.

Still, they should mix the sound of the show again, do not use the sound which is all ready released. The only thing I don't like about pooch is: When he edits a show, you can't hear the rythm guitar at all and Brad's guitar dosn't fill your speakers up. I know there are more things than just guitar in LP but everything else seems to be fine. Oh, and Joe could need more volume too.

Okay, for guitars... Go listen to ANY version of Lying From You from pooch. Then listen to Lying From You from Live in Texas: THAT is how it should be mixed, not that low shitty sound. I know it's not like this at the shows, he is a perfect mixer at the show, I've experienced it myself, but the audio releases are pretty bad imo.

And for rythm guitar. Start by listining to the studio version of Pusing me Away: Mike's guitar part is the loudest. Then listen to any of the new Pushing me Away audio releases, you can't hear Mike's part, it's drowned in bass and Brad (cool line eh?!). Or Crawling, any song with Mike on rythm guitar.

Seach for "Linkin Park Live" on youtube and the first video you will find of Faint (The 2003 detroit show) is a great example of how the guitars should be mixed.

What do you think?

I agree. I like Pooch's work a lot, he is excellent. However, you can easily tell that the 07 and 08 shows are mixed differently. Once the Euro 08 shows started in the Winter, the audio sound changed somehow. Maybe they changed gear? I'm not sure. But listen to a show like Auburn 2007. That is EPIC. One of my favorite LP shows ever. Compare Points Of Authority's intro at that show to any other DSP/live CD from LP. Especially 2008. The low sounding 2008 shows sound much worse. I still love them, but I think something is odd on the mixing.

Live In Texas's audio is GODLY. I wonder how they got it to sound that well. Imagine like you said if the DSPs sound that way - wow. But yes, the live sound from Pooch is 110% perfect...I've never heard a band live that sounds as good as LP...it's absolutely perfect...but the DSPs are a little weird. Not sure what's going on. Auburn started off great, then they started going to the lower sounding mixes. I know exactly what you're talking about because last week I even compared Points from Auburn to other shows, etc.

True, true, true.

I'm very happy with the fact that we, fans of LP, get audio releases of almost every show, that's really cool of them. Not many fans of other bands get that. If you can't mix it better for those releases, then fine, I'm just glad we have 'em.

But I'm just saying, if you use the same audio on the DVD, I'll be greatly dissapointed. They have to take their time and just mix EVERYTHING, to make it sound perfect, without editing anything in and out. Just turn up those guitars and that DJ kit.

Setlist:

01. One Step Closer

02. From the Inside

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. No More Sorrow

05. Papercut

06. Points Of Authority

07. Wake 2.0

08. Given Up

09. Lying From You

10. Hand Held High (Acapella)

11. Leave Out All The Rest

12. Numb

13. The Little Things Give You Away

14. Breaking The Habit

15. Shadow Of The Day

16. Crawling

17. In The End

------------------------------

18. Pushing Me Away (Piano)

19. What I've Done

20. Numb/Encore

21. Jigga What/Faint

22. Bleed It Out

this setlist sucks, pma piano 2 numbs, hhh a capella, oh they have a lot of better concerts to release in dvd ¬¬

and now they will be in a twilight soundtrack ¬¬ oh lp, stop to desappoint

Meh.....I was really dissapointed by the MK DSP but maybe the DVD will be better....

I agree with you!!!

I don't like MK DSP but the DVD will probably be better...

The setlist was good in that show,

But I prefer Madison Square Garden

Meh.....I was really dissapointed by the MK DSP but maybe the DVD will be better....

I agree with you!!!

I don't like MK DSP but the DVD will probably be better...

The setlist was good in that show,

But I prefer Madison Square Garden

I prefer Madison Square Garden as well, but it's not neccesary at all since we have the audio and a full length video for that show. But again, hopefully this DVD will be good.

Setlist:

01. One Step Closer

02. From the Inside

03. Somewhere I Belong

04. No More Sorrow

05. Papercut

06. Points Of Authority

07. Wake 2.0

08. Given Up

09. Lying From You

10. Hand Held High (Acapella)

11. Leave Out All The Rest

12. Numb

13. The Little Things Give You Away

14. Breaking The Habit

15. Shadow Of The Day

16. Crawling

17. In The End

18. Pushing Me Away (Piano)

19. What I've Done

20. Numb/Encore

21. Jigga What/Faint

22. Bleed It Out

this setlist sucks, pma piano 2 numbs, hhh a capella, oh they have a lot of better concerts to release in dvd ¬¬

and now they will be in a twilight soundtrack ¬¬ oh lp, stop to desappoint

Numb/Encore wasn't finished, only Jay's part was played and that set list will sit very nicely next to Live In Texas, not to mention a load of new intros and outros which aren't on LIT. I'll say it again, LP had to choose what the majorty of LP fans would like to hear live, songs like "Reading My Eyes" and "Don't Stay" aren't the songs a typical LP fan will want to hear live. The majorty of fans have probably yet to hear the PMA piano version and same goes with the other intros and outros.

I have to admit the DSP for Milton Kenyes wasn't the best but nothing which can't be fixed, and everything eles fits perfect, the set list, an outdoor arena and being able to play with Jay and at sun set (see Rock AM Ring 2004 to know what I mean). I can asure you the visuals in this are something eles, and looking at how it was filmed (stedy cameras, unlike LIT loose hand-held ones).

The majorty of fans have probably yet to hear the PMA piano version and same goes with the other intros and outros.

Anyone that went to ANY fucking 2007 show heard Pushing Me Away (Piano Version). They wore that shit out, it was done at every major show.

Say what you want but if you look at the entire cycle from an unbiased point of view, this show was one of the worst ones. Madison Square Garden is incredibly better than this show.

I was at MSG, it was fuckin epic :D

interesting side note: it was actually sal's 40th LP show. Chester says it right before NMS

But I'm just saying, if you use the same audio on the DVD, I'll be greatly dissapointed. They have to take their time and just mix EVERYTHING, to make it sound perfect, without editing anything in and out. Just turn up those guitars and that DJ kit.

Of course it will be mixed again cause the are doing a 5.1 and what not for sure. They put a lot more effort in offical releases, much much more people get to hear it.

I think it's might not be the best show to release as a DVD. But the Jay-Z thing and the sunset and all that make it worth somehow. I think it can be a good DVD if it's done nicely. Meaning, better camera work than LiT, no abuse of slowmo effects, and it's just 1 show not 2. And I really hope they put some bonus stuff on the DVD, LiT was just a joke bonus wise.

The problem with the CD is they can't make it fit onto 1 CD, it's 18 minutes too long.

What a shame they removed Reading My Eyes.

And I really hope they put some bonus stuff on the DVD, LiT was just a joke bonus wise.

The problem with the CD is they can't make it fit onto 1 CD, it's 18 minutes too long.

What a shame they removed Reading My Eyes.

i agree, would be awesome extras in dvd, like lptvs or hidden things like frat party and some videos of mtm (loatr, shadow, given up, bleed it out)

and would be awesome if lp put rme in a pro shot with chester

and is unnecessary release a cd, because we all have this show in dsp

and include a studio new track, like fall out boy or evanescence did in their dvds (fob with beat it and evanescence with missing)

this is it