Will chester add dbs songs to lp set in the future?

FaiNt

i found this comment on LPMB and i found it interesting

Is DBS still considered Chesters solo band? Like if he decided he wanted to break some of the songs out at a Linkin Park show without the Orgy guys he could do so without it being a "Tom DeLonge leaves Blink then plays Blink songs at A&A concerts" type douche move?

I can see Too Late being played a lot at Linkin Parl concerts in the future.

what do you guys think? for some reason i don't think chester would do this but lets hear opinions!

I think the main reason he probably won't has more to do with the music - It really wouldn't make much sense for the other 5 members of Linkin Park to have to learn how to play one of Chester's songs during rehearsals when they need to be rehearsing their own material as well. Plus, as I've said before, most of the DBS songs are in standard guitar tuning, which LP doesn't use (or hasn't used to this point).

The only way I see Chester doing a DBS song during an LP set is if he plays something acoustic by himself, or if he somehow finds a way to work part of a DBS song into an existing LP song. That would be a lot harder to do than putting FM verses over the POA intro though, because you have to account for melody and things like that.

Edited by Astat

I personally don't see it happening. For many of the reasons Astat stated. I personally wouldn't mind it, but it just doesn't seem likely. Especially seeing as how the band will have over four albums worth of material to play on the next tour cycle.

I personally don't see it happening. For many of the reasons Astat stated. I personally wouldn't mind it, but it just doesn't seem likely. Especially seeing as how the band will have over four albums worth of material to play on the next tour cycle.

I agree with you they have enough matrial on their own to fill shows

and it is probably not even easy for LP now to pick a setlist. if they also would add solo matrial it would get even harder.

• 2 weeks later...

Chester did Morning After at some LP shows in like 2001, but that was before DBS was totally solidified.

Yeah, but that was just him on is own playing acoustic guitar. Chaz could do somthing like this again, though it wouldn't work well at a big venue/tour. He could get away with it back then as LP were just starting out.

Yeah, but that was just him on is own playing acoustic guitar. Chaz could do somthing like this again, though it wouldn't work well at a big venue/tour. He could get away with it back then as LP were just starting out.

lol if he could get away with it back then, then he can get away with it now :P

• 4 months later...

chester could get away with something like that

i saw a concert (three days grace i think) where the lead singer did a song by himself on acoustic guitar in a big arena. it could work, i would just rage if it happened because i don't really care for DBS.

• 4 weeks later...

chester could get away with something like that

i saw a concert (three days grace i think) where the lead singer did a song by himself on acoustic guitar in a big arena. it could work, i would just rage if it happened because i don't really care for DBS.

chris cornell usually do this too :P in middle of his setlist lol, XD here in chile he played almost 7 acoustic songs lol...

back on the topic i guess is quite difficult that chester plays a song from dbs in a lp set, but i would like that. or at least just a bit, as a intro or outro for a lp song, as do with FM.

:blink: anyway would be awesome an acoustic guitar + drums walking in circles :lol:

I don't think so, and I don't hope so either.

1) Linkin Park has different members of the band meaning that during the setlist they're going to have to swap.

2) Dead By Sunrise should be separate from Linkin Park.

I highly doubt it... It wouldn't make much sense, and the casual LP fan wouldn't know DBS anyway. They can't even fit many pre-MTM non-singles in their sets as it is. I love DBS, but even I wouldn't want it.