The Morning After

hahninator

107 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of "The Morning After" do you prefer?

• 2001 Live Acoustic
    • 2006 Julien-K Remix
    • 2009 Studio Version
    • Other (Bucket Of Weenies Live Version or Dead By Sunrise Live Version)

I prefer the '01 version. I actually like the full band arrangement of the song better, but the '01 version was pitched half a step lower and I think it sounds better that way. The vocals have more grit to them in that key because Chester doesn't have to strain as much to hit the high notes.

Eh ... is the one linked on bazinga! the Japan Bonus version you guys talk about? If that one is legit then it would be a huge disappointment, because I don't hear much of a difference to the JK remix version, and I don't like that one very much. Actually I'm inclined to say it's fake, and just a fan-made remix of the remix. But maybe I downloaded the wrong one?!

Anyway, apart from the original acoustic version, I like the performance by BOW at Club Tattoo form a while back best (you know, that show of which those awful audio recordings exist), with a really kick-ass guitar solo. I was hoping for a similarly straight forward rock rendition as studio version. Oh well ...

Eh ... is the one linked on bazinga! the Japan Bonus version you guys talk about? If that one is legit then it would be a huge disappointment, because I don't hear much of a difference to the JK remix version, and I don't like that one very much. Actually I'm inclined to say it's fake, and just a fan-made remix of the remix. But maybe I downloaded the wrong one?!

Anyway, apart from the original acoustic version, I like the performance by BOW at Club Tattoo form a while back best (you know, that show of which those awful audio recordings exist), with a really kick-ass guitar solo. I was hoping for a similarly straight forward rock rendition as studio version. Oh well ...

I think its real sadly, i was expecting more of a difference too.

BOW Live > 2001 Live > 2009 Studio > Julien K Remix

Just can't be. I'm sure they've done a new recording along with the other stuff since the JK remix back then, and this one here has at the very least the same vocal track as the old remix. Actually almost every track is the same, including the keyboard bridge. If this is the real thing ... well that would be one cheap bonus.

Yea, it most likely is. It matches the supposed length. It is definitely a bit disappointing though because of how similar it is to the Julien-k version. The 2001 live version is my favorite version though. The song simply sounds better to me with a sped up tempo.

Yea, it most likely is. It matches the supposed length. It is definitely a bit disappointing though because of how similar it is to the Julien-k version. The 2001 live version is my favorite version though. The song simply sounds better to me with a sped up tempo.

I think the 2005 version, the stripped raw sound, is better than any of them. Thats how i was hoping for it to go, with a straight riff at the start. The studio version is a bit synthy at the start and has drums, i would have prefered a straight riff like that version then with everything kicking in. Man that was awesome.

2001 Live > 2009 studio > BOW Live > Julien-K Remix

For everyone who hasn't heard the 2009 studio version, it uses the almost, if not the exact same distortion on the guitar as the Julien-K Remix. Very disappointing indeed. Way better than the remix though. The abrupt end of the song was unexpected and I actually like the layered vocals on this track. It gives it more depth. Thanks, bazinga!!

Just can't be. I'm sure they've done a new recording along with the other stuff since the JK remix back then, and this one here has at the very least the same vocal track as the old remix. Actually almost every track is the same, including the keyboard bridge. If this is the real thing ... well that would be one cheap bonus.

Err...the vocal track is not the same. The drums are different. The guitars are different. The arrangement is totally different. The only thing that's the same is some of the sound effects/keyboards.