Billboard Interview with Chester

LESTAT

Check out the latest interview with Chester about Dead By Sunrise and Linkin Park.

"We'll make records when we can," Bennington -- who started forming Dead By Sunrise, originally as Snow White Tan, in 2005 -- tells Billboard.com. "I don't think people should expect to see an album every couple of years. I'm definitely not going to tell Linkin Park, 'Hey, can you guys take some time off so I can go work on Dead By Sunrise?' That's not gonna happen. But we definitely see this as something we'll continue to do. This isn't a one-time thing for us. Every five years or so I could imagine there'd be a Dead By Sunrise record."

The fledgling group will also offer fans some bonus material, including a cover of the Misfits' "20 Eyes" and acoustic renditions of the "Out of Ashes" songs, some of which will be available for download with the purchase of the album.

Full interview

Check out the latest interview with Chester about Dead By Sunrise and Linkin Park.

"We'll make records when we can," Bennington -- who started forming Dead By Sunrise, originally as Snow White Tan, in 2005 -- tells Billboard.com. "I don't think people should expect to see an album every couple of years. I'm definitely not going to tell Linkin Park, 'Hey, can you guys take some time off so I can go work on Dead By Sunrise?' That's not gonna happen. But we definitely see this as something we'll continue to do. This isn't a one-time thing for us. Every five years or so I could imagine there'd be a Dead By Sunrise record."

The fledgling group will also offer fans some bonus material, including a cover of the Misfits' "20 Eyes" and acoustic renditions of the "Out of Ashes" songs, some of which will be available for download with the purchase of the album.

Full interview

This is going to be AWESOME!!!!

Would be cool to get more DBS every few years....but then Mike should do the same with FM. So they can battle against each other xD

"Rick Rubin is again on board as co-producer, and Bennington says the group would like to have the set out by mid-2010 but "won't put anything out until we can pull a batch of super-stellar songs together."

Rick is co-producer. That means Mike will definately get some producer credits again ^^

Mid 2010 =( long time.....

Hell no.

FM We Major Mixtape, a 16 song album, 3 b-sides on the album, demos from the FM Militia, all those behind the scenes pictures and a great DVD with the album.....

FM > DBS by far in my opinion so far.

Yeah, yeah i no OVERALL Mike Pwns DBS, but chaz has actually announced it to be a ongoing project. Everytime FM is mentioned to Mike he trails off & says "my FM energy will be on the next LP album" which is a shame

"I don't think people should expect to see an album every couple of years.

We don't even get a LP record every two years, why should we expect a DBS one that often? :huh: Ha..

Sounds good anyway. Really hope i get to one of the small gigs they're playing.

Edited by RachaelLP

Mike said in an interview before that Chester covered 20 Eyes, should be awesome to finally hear it. I can't wait for the acoustic songs too. ;) So basically, if you count 20 Eyes as a b-side we will have 2 b-sides with Morning After and then some acoustic and live tracks. Awesome. We will have CBI and MS live from the CBI single soon so that will be awesome.

EDIT: I wish everyone would stop pitting DBS against FM! They're both great projects and there shouldn't be a battle. Just enjoy all the music instead of comparing! :(

Edited by Geki

Everytime FM is mentioned to Mike he trails off & says "my FM energy will be on the next LP album" which is a shame

I'm split on that. MTM had almost no rapping due to FM so I'm glad the new LP CD will have more. If we had FM right now in 2009 with record 2, I'm sure there'd hardly be any rapping on the next LP CD. So really it's good and bad. Mike will make another FM CD someday I bet.

I'm split on that. MTM had almost no rapping due to FM so I'm glad the new LP CD will have more. If we had FM right now in 2009 with record 2, I'm sure there'd hardly be any rapping on the next LP CD. So really it's good and bad. Mike will make another FM CD someday I bet.

I don't think he will. I mean, is he even friend with Ryu and Tak anymore? I don't want to piss off any die-hard FM fans here although I always do but I think Mike wanted to release a hip-hop record and then be devoted to LP. He is the brain behind LP, basically, Mike is LP. So I really think he's going to put all his musical inputs into LP and not another solo album.

Pushing back the album once again... I do believe I called that. Remember a slightly long time ago, when MS posted on his blog "New Album in 2009?" Ha, what a far cry. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the album didn't drop THIS time next year. If DBS becomes pretty successful (I mixed on how DBS will be perceived by more people), then maybe first of 2011.

Bad article. Everytime I read one of these, It just continually makes me think Chester is like an outcast member currently to LP. I "still put 110 % to LP." Can't be done if you are concentrating on your own stuff, while LP waits for you to wrap it up.

If there was no thing called DBS, I bet we would have an album in December.

I don't think he will. I mean, is he even friend with Ryu and Tak anymore? I don't want to piss off any die-hard FM fans here although I always do but I think Mike wanted to release a hip-hop record and then be devoted to LP. He is the brain behind LP, basically, Mike is LP. So I really think he's going to put all his musical inputs into LP and not another solo album.

Yes Ryu came to his art show and he's still friends with a lot of rappers out there. Fort Minor will be back after the next lp album, I can pretty much assure you that.Rap is mike's true love and I think he will venture off and resurrect fort minor again in 2010.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Watch the making of the rising tied dvd. He says his dream was to always make a rap album and he still has that same desire.

His dream came true, he made The Rising Tied. And he does still have a desire to make hip-hop, but he said he is focusing on incorporating it into LP and SOB, although SOB really isn't a group anymore. I'm not saying there will NEVER be another FM album but I highly doubt it will be anytime soon.

His dream came true, he made The Rising Tied. And he does still have a desire to make hip-hop, but he said he is focusing on incorporating it into LP and SOB, although SOB really isn't a group anymore. I'm not saying there will NEVER be another FM album but I highly doubt it will be anytime soon.

I don't see how he can incorporate fm type of music within lp's. It's totally different.

I love Fort Minor but, at least for now, it's dead.

Every single time Mike is asked about it he talks about how in the past he didn't want to incorporate FM-type songs onto an LP record, but with MtM he became more confident about letting the two mix. It was said at least twice in the LPU chat. FM ideas = LP ideas.

Because that's the case I really don't see Fort Minor even having a reason to exist anymore as far as Mike is concerned.