Writing "Out Of Ashes"

LESTAT

Dead By Sunrise will release their debut album, Out Of Ashes, on October 13. The full track listing for the album, which features the lead single “Crawl Back In,” is as follows:

Fire

Crawl Back In

Too Late

Inside Of Me

Let Down

Give Me Your Name

My Suffering

Condemned

Into You

End Of The World

Walking In Circles

In The Darkness

Source: Dead By Sunrise's myspace

Hope this video clears it up for a few, even though Chester stated it before, that LP is very important to him, that they always come first, and that he wouldn't have even done Dead By Sunrise if it was going to jeopardize his relationship with LP.

Can't wait for this album. Plus it'll help with the wait for the new LP. :P

Edited by RedZero

Now begins the game for knowing which song is the one in the background! (lol)

No:

Let Down

Crawl Back In

My Suffering

Fire

It really doesn't fit Walking in Circles either, I cant really say the same for In the darkness mind, if it was anyone song that we knew, it would be that

Scratch that. Its playing throughout the whole vid. Vocals could have been removed but i doubt it. Could this be the instrumental ? I dunno, i cant see a non vocal track making the cut, but then again, maybe chester just sings harmonies for the duration of the track.

Edited by Subs

It really doesn't fit Walking in Circles either, I cant really say the same for In the darkness mind, if it was anyone song that we knew, it would be that

Scratch that. Its playing throughout the whole vid. Vocals could have been removed but i doubt it. Could this be the instrumental ? I dunno, i cant see a non vocal track making the cut, but then again, maybe chester just sings harmonies for the duration of the track.

They've definitely been using a lot of instrumentals of songs that do actually have singing, in these vids. Crawl Back In for instance.

... he wrote most of the songs on the album, then Ryan and Amir helped with corrections ...

Judging by the first single, I assumed that Chester simply added a melody to a random string of over cliched, utterly elementary, words that don't even come close to rhyming.

Ryan and Amir must have dropped out of high school after failing English.

I'm sure they're used to failure in general, that would explain their appearance.

... a lot of the lyrics on the FM albums were cringe worthy ...

Whether one considers the lyrics weak or quotable, every track off Rising Tied album TOLD A STORY! They served a purpose and, at the very least, made sense.

I bet most of your "cringe" moments were set off by SOB members ...

TRT was one of the best albums lyrically. Granted the singles had weaker lyrical content than the rest of the album.

Amen.

Mike writes incredible lyrics. His lyrics outside of LP are 100x better than his LP lyrics. His lyrics are dumbed down so much for LP. Lies is in every verse it seems lol.

Reading My Eyes...his Xero shit...even the Hybrid Theory demos...then Fort Minor...his lyrics outside of LP are better than his LP ones in my opinion.

I guess it's just the Chester fan coming out in me. Mike does write a lot of really good lyrics, fuck, I thought Minutes To Midnight as a whole lyrically was amazing and the best work the band has ever done. I guess the songs on the FM album that were cringe worthy to me were Petrified, Where'd You Go, There They Go and some of Believe Me. I don't think SOB were talented writers at all so that didn't really help for me. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I just think that both Mike and Chester are talented in their own different ways, that's why together, they make the best band in the world, LP.

well... everyone can write it's not a big deal, maybe some ppl identify with chester lyrics because the stories (like me) his lyrics are deeper and other ppl just like what mike writes, that's it.

Chester actually writes? :lol:

what is a good writer for you?

I guess it's just the Chester fan coming out in me. Mike does write a lot of really good lyrics, fuck, I thought Minutes To Midnight as a whole lyrically was amazing and the best work the band has ever done. I guess the songs on the FM album that were cringe worthy to me were Petrified, Where'd You Go, There They Go and some of Believe Me. I don't think SOB were talented writers at all so that didn't really help for me. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, I just think that both Mike and Chester are talented in their own different ways, that's why together, they make the best band in the world, LP.

3/4 of those songs were singles though. Most singles are watered down to an extent which is why I'm not being overcritical of crawl back in because I understand it is a single.

Whether one considers the lyrics weak or quotable, every track off Rising Tied album TOLD A STORY! They served a purpose and, at the very least, made sense.

I bet most of your "cringe" moments were set off by SOB members ...

The only good thing about FM is its instrumental side. Linkin Park have only three lyrically great songs: Breaking The Habbit (written by Mike), The Little Things Give You Away (written by Chester) and Leave Out All The Rest (written by both). Pretty much all of Grey Daze stuff is great from lyrical standpoint.

Mike is a talented painter, but he is not really a good rapper or lyricist.

Ryan and Amir must have dropped out of high school after failing English.

I'm sure they're used to failure in general, that would explain their appearance.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but at least Amir graduated and attended UCLA...

But in the end, Chester is basically the lyricist, isn't he?

Anyway, it's very subjective whether you like lyrics or not, isn't it? Even "weak" lyrics can touch you, if you have a personal connection to them. I can't really identify with Mike's FM lyrics as well, but that doesn't mean they're not good!

I don't say CBI has got the best lyrics, that's just not so, but that doesn't mean a person cannot write! As many people said before, it's a single, and it sounds like one.

Edited by NoSunToday

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but at least Amir graduated and attended UCLA...

But in the end, Chester is basically the lyricist, isn't he?

Anyway, it's very subjective whether you like lyrics or not, isn't it? Even "weak" lyrics can touch you, if you have a personal connection to them. I can't really identify with Mike's FM lyrics as well, but that doesn't mean they're not good!

I don't say CBI has got the best lyrics, that's just not so, but that doesn't mean a person cannot write! As many people said before, it's a single, and it sounds like one.

I totally agree with what you are saying.

And I totally love the instrumental playing in the background - it's really kickass!

The only good thing about FM is its instrumental side. Linkin Park have only three lyrically great songs: Breaking The Habbit (written by Mike), The Little Things Give You Away (written by Chester) and Leave Out All The Rest (written by both). Pretty much all of Grey Daze stuff is great from lyrical standpoint.

Mike is a talented painter, but he is not really a good rapper or lyricist.

Funny, I think Leave Out All The Rest is one of their most cliché lyrics, I really think they destroy the song. But the other two are quite good, yes. I think Papercut (MS), In Between (MS) and Part of Me (MS) are some of the best just to mention a few. But this just proves the fact that lyrics are very subjective to every person, and you can never really judge who's the better writer.

given up is imo the weakest song lyrically on mtm and my least favorite on the album , bio's rapping being the best imo. But yeah chester aint the best at writing songs even though i love some of the grey daze songs lyrically. Donno if he wrote them all though.

got to say that 26 lettaz in da alphabet is probably their best song lyrically, i mean with lines like "i got lots of friends so i dont need pets" you cant go wrong. And the lyrics speak truth e.g "i wear a shower cap so i dont get wet" and "i put on my shoes so my feet dont hurt"

Edited by GraDoN

Funny, I think Leave Out All The Rest is one of their most cliché lyrics, I really think they destroy the song. But the other two are quite good, yes. I think Papercut (MS), In Between (MS) and Part of Me (MS) are some of the best just to mention a few. But this just proves the fact that lyrics are very subjective to every person, and you can never really judge who's the better writer.

i agree with you on Leave Out All The Rest i hurd the instrumental version and it sounds so much better its funny how lyrics can ruin a song somtimes. i dont think chester is good at righting lyrics i think mikes make more sence chester just seems to put random words and i do think we have only got this album thanks to ryan and amir working hard on the music i think if it was left to chester we wouldint have the album chester needs ppl round him to help him