Breaking The Habit Power Outage

hahninator

Has this happened before? A power outage right in the middle of a song? I know at Edgefest in Toronto last year the lights went out on 'A Place For My Head' but it sounds like everything went out here.

Check it out

. Nice job by the crowd. I guess that's what Brad and Chester were talking about that we saw on the webcast!

mike's reaction was like wow

i was there last night pretty much right up front and center and it was a total shocker that the power went out for the speakers, but it was kinda cool because we could actually hear the band playing and singing without speakers it was just the actual sounds that the instruments made. it was like seeing them play in the school gym or something. rare opp!

oh a side note, tool fans are single handed the biggest group of douche bags ive seen ever. all the water bottles and boos during dbs were all tool fans. ive been to a ton of concerts and by far tool fans are the worst in my opinion. im not trying to disrespect anyone on these boards that like tool, i know that everyone on here has enough respect for lp and dbs not to throw shit at them!

i was there last night pretty much right up front and center and it was a total shocker that the power went out for the speakers, but it was kinda cool because we could actually hear the band playing and singing without speakers it was just the actual sounds that the instruments made. it was like seeing them play in the school gym or something. rare opp!

oh a side note, tool fans are single handed the biggest group of douche bags ive seen ever. all the water bottles and boos during dbs were all tool fans. ive been to a ton of concerts and by far tool fans are the worst in my opinion. im not trying to disrespect anyone on these boards that like tool, i know that everyone on here has enough respect for lp and dbs not to throw shit at them!

It sucked hard, but if the DSP comes back as hearing the entire crowd singing parts of breaking the habit, its going to be pretty awesome.

Set sail for fail, LP!

oh a side note, tool fans are single handed the biggest group of douche bags ive seen ever. all the water bottles and boos during dbs were all tool fans

Chester said it reminded him of the old days with LP, haha.

Chester said it reminded him of the old days with LP, haha.

LOL... What are the odds that this would happen only about a month and a half after I was asking him about LP being pummelled by bags of piss and water bottles in Dublin in 2003 at the Club Tattoo thing in Las Vegas? (Oh yeahh, I was there! :))

Edited by MGSman123

LOL... What are the odds that this would happen only about a month and a half after I was asking him about LP being pummelled by bags of piss and water bottles in Dublin in 2003 at the Club Tattoo thing in Las Vegas? (Oh yeahh, I was there! :))

What did he say about that incident?

Also, I hope there IS a DSP. Athens was almost lost due to a power outage. Let's hope they got Epicenter. They have the main computer, a backup, and a backup to the backup. In Athens both the main and the backup failed, but they got the backup to the backup. Damn. Wonder what they got for last night.

I guess they'd put part of BTH in front another show or something.

I totally agree I like Tool, but holy shit they have awful fans, such dicks. I can't believe how childish they are. It was like seeing a bunch of adults if they were really from the evolution of monkeys.

Back to the DSP, could it be possible that only the speakers lost power and that the computers still recorded the band?

Pretty postitive nothing will happen to DSP. Mark forgot to mention, but the same thing happened at the Nashville show in Feb. 2008 that I went to. The POA outro vanished from the speakers but the band continued to play, or "rock it out" according to Mike. Really pissed me off because it was only the 2nd time Mike had ever done "There They Go" over the older POA outro. However, the DSP is fine and recorded it with no problems, you could never tell there was a problem until Mike says instead of "Everyone make some noise"' he says "Turne the FUCKING speakkkers on" and then promptly asks for Jim and Jason afterwards to make sure everything is ok.

What did he say about that incident?

Also, I hope there IS a DSP. Athens was almost lost due to a power outage. Let's hope they got Epicenter. They have the main computer, a backup, and a backup to the backup. In Athens both the main and the backup failed, but they got the backup to the backup. Damn. Wonder what they got for last night.

I guess they'd put part of BTH in front another show or something.

WOW man are you serious????!!!!! :o I can't beleive it.... OMG..... I had no idea about this one.....

Back to the DSP, could it be possible that only the speakers lost power and that the computers still recorded the band?

"Luckily- all of OUR gear has ups battery backup. So LP's gear stayed working. Multitrack continued to roll. It was the local PA company's gear that crapped out. It will be funny to hear the recorded version because the band continued to play even while the PA is dead."

Things are fine.