15.08.2009 - Shanghai, China / Sonisphere Torrent

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my YouTube account, just for the record. :lol:

lol i realized when i saw DBS Germany but thanks for the link all the same :D

My comments on CBI Live

I think it souns AMAZING. Ryan went crazy on guitar. i honestly cant wait for this record to come out. Havent been excited about a record coming out in a long while. I want to see some tour dates now! Dammit lol

CBI is AMAZING!!!

Is it just me or New divide sounded WAY too weird, i mean, some effects are loud, the bridge's (the one with the chopped guitar...thing) volume was sorta low, and the synth that mike played with and the bass that phoenix played with sounded like a second guitar in the chorus o_O, and the drums are kinda low, but chester was perfect.....id honestly prefer the jimmy kemmel live version :/

so thanks to everyone who shared the videos :)

Yes, you guys are right, I know that GU only dropped when Chester's condition isn't very well, but maybe there are something very different from China, you know, Given Up was dropped from the setlist long time ago before tonight's show because it failed to pass certain cultural department's censorship.

You know what I mean? There is a document signed by the official of the administration which said clearly the two songs - GU and Hands Held High had to be dropped from the setlist. I even have a photoshot of that document, so that's probably true.

Well, we can wait till tomorrow for the show at Macao to see if they play GU and HHH, then we might have some clues.

Anyway, my friends here all say the show was really really great and the only pity is it's too short. lol

So Given Up and HHH were dropped for real? Can you confirm that?

Hm I had it on MP3 & Youtube already. Are you ignoring me? :S :P

No disrespect meant whatsoever. I'd been working on the mp3s myself, having taken them from the DVD I posted.

As for the YouTube links... Well, there are going to be dozens of them, right? ;)

Bearing in mind when LP played in China 2 years ago they played Given Up I have no idea why they'd suddenly drop it just for that :blink: bit weird as well as not playing HHH, silly really getting a band to play a show and then refusing to let them play part of their set :mellow:

Edited by Rob_Wilson

So Given Up and HHH were dropped for real? Can you confirm that?

Yes, I'm totally sure about that now, because I've already seen the recorded video of the whole show from one of my friends who attended the gig that night. And the POA's info has been confirmed too: 'Petrified' verse 1 was over 'Points Of Authority'. 'A Place For My Head' was over the outro.

But I wanna point out one thing that we fans don't know the exact reason why that two songs were fored to drop from the setlist. The document didn't write about the reason but only the decision. So don't assume they were some political reasons. Thanks.~~

Edited by swsrd