Farewell, Old Friend

nkramar

While not shocking due to the lack of updates, I'm sad to report that forfeitthegame.com has closed it's virtual doors.

"Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive over the years as Forfeit the Game grew to be one of the biggest Linkin Park fansites on the internet. Unfortunately time has come to lay the site to rest permanently. For up-to-date news and images, audio and media please take a look at a few of our favourite sites..."

FTG was right up there with the biggest of LP fan sites and the closing of the site marks the passing of another of the old school sites on which many of us looked to for the latest in LP news and media. FTG was a forerunner of LPLive as a media hub in it's heyday and was also influential in the creation of this very site - much of the information contained within their pages regarding shows was ultimately used here.

Props to crewdy (a.k.a. Pete) for all of his work and dedication in the past.

I remember waking up early every day before school to download a new MP3 on my shitty 56k-connection, about 20 days later I had "29.01.2004 - Rosemont, IL, Allstate Arena" - back when recordings werent uploaded at once but one MP3/day lol! Great time...

Probably over a year ago I visited the site for the last time though.

I remember waking up early every day before school to download a new MP3 on my shitty 56k-connection, about 20 days later I had "29.01.2004 - Rosemont, IL, Allstate Arena" - back when recordings werent uploaded at once but one MP3/day lol! Great time...

The old days... :P

Imagine if LPLive uploaded only a track per day for the stuff we've offered in the past? There would be riots!

Bummer. One of my favorite fellow sites (apart from LPL of course *love*), and it's a shame to see it go.

Fortunately I can't foresee LPAssociation closing down anytime soon...and even if I lost interest in the band, I think I would pass the reigns of the site over to someone else before I just closed it down. So as long as LP is around, I don't think you have to worry about LPA (and hopefully not LPL) going anywhere, anytime soon.

RIP FTG.

That's right. I remember those days .. :mellow: I had the same shitty 56k-connection and the feeling after you had finished downloading a full concert was great :D

RIP FTG

damn.. they hosted a scavenger hunt/trivia contest once and i won second place. i won all sorts of older memorabilia that i'm guessing were just parts of the owner's overflowing collection.

wow, thanks crewdy for managing my favorite early site

It's a Shame!! The last time I visited the site (a few years ago I think), they had a brand new adds to the songlist, Sold My Soul to yo Mama and Standin' in the Middle. haha good times, we'll miss you FTG!! :(

RIP, Crewdy had a badass site. Lots of awesome awesome exclusives and their live guide helped the foundation of this site by all means. Thanks for all the help.

LPL will be online forever, we will never go anywhere so don't worry.

FTG...RIP, Miss it loads :(

Truely kick ass LP fan site, 1st ever LP fan site i went to b4 i seen all the other fan sites including LPL

Really helpful when i needed pics, vids or audio

A LP fan site will be truely missed, farewell

I think it went downhill with their "Wall of Shame" section that targeted any website that tried to be successful....

It was likely the same reason we had our WOS (until we deleted it in Version 3): People are lazy (*cough* bazinga! *cough*) and like to steal things from other fan sites that work hard to get those exclusives, and then brand them as their own. With the Wall of Shame it helped introduce people to these thieves and expose them for what they are.

Stealing other's sites content isn't a site trying to be successful, it's being a leech that cant get anything for themselves. Even though LPA hasn't had a Wall of Shame for years (for the reason that it brought criticism on us), I support Crewdy for even having that on his site.

Edited by LPADerek

It was likely the same reason we had our WOS (until we deleted it in Version 3): People are lazy (*cough* bazinga! *cough*) and like to steal things from other fan sites that work hard to get those exclusives, and then brand them as their own. With the Wall of Shame it helped introduce people to these thieves and expose them for what they are.

Stealing other's sites content isn't a site trying to be successful, it's being a leech that cant get anything for themselves. Even though LPA hasn't had a Wall of Shame for years (for the reason that it brought criticism on us), I support Crewdy for even having that on his site.

Oh yeah, I agree with you on that 100%. I am simply complaining because I remember starting a website up with a friend and had it placed on FTG's Wall of Shame simply because we had huge pictures on every page that you clicked on. The only content that we had on the site was bloopers and stuff during previous LP shows, something to add a little twist to the usual LP media people were getting. FTG took it a little overboard in my opinion but I guess I forgot about bazinga! and similar sites causing major chaos around that time (they still do). Forgive and forget I suppose. :lol:

Edited by rav0k