DBS Updates

LESTAT

Ryan Shuck posted the following message on JKMB (Thanks to immortalsoul):

actually, you better hope DBS gets REALLY famous - because it will allow us to do more JK. JK has to get more attention for us to be able to continue doing it, and DBS may be just the ticket (im pretty sure DBS fans will wonder what JK is, and investigate, and become fans, and then buy tickets to see us - which allows us to tour... etc, etc.. you guys know this by now, don't you???).

DBS could and should be the best thing to ever happen to JK.

we filmed 2 videos back to back because it makes sense financially - and because we are leading with a different single in Europe (Let Down). we will come back to the Let Down in the US when Crawl Back In is winding down.. if another single doesnt hit before it.. regardless, we will get to Let Down in the US.

RS

Also, check out the latest interview with Chester on mtv.com

Excerpts from the MTV interview:

"And so, like most of the songs on Ashes, "Crawl Back In" — for which Bennington recently shot a video in California's Vasquez Rocks Natural Park — is plenty dark: full of churning, burning, grunge guitars. But it's not pitch-black: Lyrically, the song details Bennington's slow climb back into the light — a climb that started with some serious self-discovery."

"I'm actually taking these guys out with me. [Linkin Park] is leaving for Europe and Japan, and Dead by Sunrise is going to be joining us on tour, and we're actually going to be jumping in the middle of LP's set, playing a few songs, then jumping out and letting LP finish out the set," Bennington said. "And that was actually an idea that was brought up by the guys in Linkin Park. I think it's going to be amazing. Exhausting, but amazing."

so DBS will not be part of LP's encore. that sounds interesting!!! can't wait hear the first news from istanbul, how DBS was on stage and how they maneged it. i like it very much, that the rest of the band come up with the idea to let DBS plan in the middle of the set!!! so there will be for sure no JK songs -.- thats the only bad news. but maybe julien-k will come back some other time to europe, as a remake of the cancelled concerts in winter '08!!!

Well u have no taste in music then ^^, lmao jk everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm actually glad DBS will play in the middle of LP's set, you all realize that means we'll get their set in the DSP if they are playing during LP's set rite? You all keep complaining how u want DBS, well this is our chance to get professional recordings early!!!! Possibly even The Morning After!!!

Well u have no taste in music then ^^, lmao jk everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm actually glad DBS will play in the middle of LP's set, you all realize that means we'll get their set in the DSP if they are playing during LP's set rite? You all keep complaining how u want DBS, well this is our chance to get professional recordings early!!!! Possibly even The Morning After!!!

Exactly. I cannot wait. Don't really care about the LP tour, I mean, apart from New Divide, maybe some new intro's/outros and some new/old songs, we still have a great show full of old-ish songs. DBS is new.

you're totaly right. DBS will be a very big thing!!! they will be famous already by just playing during LP and this is a very nice thing!! i hope there will be DSP again in europe and asia, correct me if i'm wrong but for the last europe tour there was no DSP, exept milton keynes. so would be nice if we get it again!!!! DBS with great quality live that sounds so good. i liked the performance in vegas very much!! but it will be also different at the tour, because it's not accustic!!! DBS and LP on one stage unbelieveble^^

so DBS will not be part of LP's encore.

Yes they will. DBS is playing in one of LP's encores. Most likely the first one and then LP comes back out on the 2nd one and owns us all with a few heavy songs. No More Sorrow into One Step Closer, anybody? :)

oh thank you for closing my topic......and i made the topic before you -.-

You're joking, right? Stuff like that doesn't matter :) and a lot of times things are overlook and chucked straight onto Newswire.

now we need to find out if DBS will play an acoustic set or the normal one^^

Normal. :)

For those who have been wondering why they are releasing different singles in the USA and Europe, this is what Ryan replied in the JKMB:

oh yeah - and the label is different in Europe than in America.. so they choose their own single. they're the ones that have to sell it, not us..

RS

So this means they will have different labels in the USA or in Europe, or maybe Warner Music Europe decided to go for another single than Warner Music USA.

Edited by immortalsoul

linkin park mypsace says about digital souvenir packs! yesssssss

:o really? wow great ^^!!!

this is the blog in the LP Myspace:

Back by popular demand, fans attending select shows this summer will be able to purchase limited edition digital souvenir packs which include a code to download the live recording from that night’s show, a collectible CDR to burn the recording to, as well as exclusive photographs taken by the Linkin Park crew. The digital souvenir packs are ONLY available at merch booths at the following shows:

7/21 - Athens, GR

7/23 - Graz, AT

7/28 - Zurich, CH

7/30 - Stuttgart, DE

8/2 - Graefenhainichen, DE

8/8 - Chiba City, JP

8/9 - Osaka, JP

8/11 - Okinawa, JP

8/13 - Taipei, TW

8/15 - Shanghai, CN

8/16 - Macao, CN

Edited by andros