Dead By Sunrise - Post-Show 7/4/2009 LV

The first Dead By Sunrise 2009 show is over. You can view the show page here.

Setlist:

01. Crawl Back In

02. Walking In Circles

03. In The Darkness

04. Let Down

05. The Morning After

Two new songs, as well as 'Let Down' and 'The Morning After'. Great! Among the other info, Chester said that Dead By Sunrise will be playing a few songs at Epicenter '09 in the middle of the Linkin Park setlist. Could this also be what they were talking about for Europe/Asia this summer...?

Security was very strict so we'll have to see about audio/video/pictures. Thanks to a good, anonymous friend for the setlist and show information within minutes of the show ending.

Twitter pictures from Talinda:

Talinda + Julien-K

Talinda + Chester

Dead By Sunrise's stage setup

EDIT:

Professional photos:

Signing session

Stunt

Show

EDIT 2:

Video:

- Thanks to LPUtkan

EDIT 3:

Video:

- MP3 (Thanks to Nameless) Right Click > Save as...

- Thanks to BlackChester

Thoughts?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicee!!! Is there still the possibility of some rip coming from the broadcast? Btw Mark were u there?

Sry for double post but I had a feeling that LP wud do DBS in the middle of their set in the summer, I just didn't see why Julien-K would travel and haul all their equipment over to Europe just to perform a couple of songs for Dead By Sunrise and not ev do any Julien-K stuff!

Mark there will be a way of being able to obtain the audio or the video?

"Security was very strict so we'll have to see about audio/video/pictures. "

I have no fucking idea; I didn't go to the show. We'll have to see who taped. It was either this show or She Couldn't and I picked She Couldn't.

Hopefully they'll play a few songs before LP. Not that LP play less songs because DBS does a set in the middle of LP's....

Good to see that they played "the morning after" and a new song!

Info about the stunt:

A large crowd gathered in front of the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood to watch magician Steve Wyrick's "Death Drop" escape stunt. Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington, who is co-owner of Club Tattoo, hosted the event to coincide with the opening of the business.

As hundreds filled the sidewalks and streets in front of Planet Hollywood, Bennington, assisted by members of his side-project band Dead by Sunrise, shackled Wyrick and locked him inside one of the band's equipment boxes.

"Are you guys ready to see something amazing tonight?" Bennington asked the crowed, which roared in response.

Plans called for the box to be hoisted into the air, supported by a few thin ropes and dangled over a bed of 500 flaming spikes 80 feet below. The ropes would then be set on fire, forcing Wyrick to make his escape before the last rope broke.

But in reality, the stunt played out a little differently.

"This has never been done before, so anything can happen" Wyrick said before climbing into the box.

After Wyrick was locked inside, the crewmembers went to light the ropes, igniting a black netting that was shielding the box from view. Much ado was made about the flaming veil, then emergency personnel responded as the box was whisked from view.

"Apparently something's gone wrong" Bennington said. "Steve's had a bit of an accident"

A helicopter then arrived, presumably responding to Wyrick's medical emergency. As it landed on Las Vegas Boulevard between Planet Hollywood and CityCenter, Wyrick suddenly appeared from the helicopter, receiving applause from the crowd.

It wasn't the 20-foot jump from the burning box over the bed of spikes the crowd had been promised. While some cheered, others were disappointed the stunt hadn't gone "as planned".

"It looked believable that he was hurt, but for him to all of a sudden arrive in a helicopter? I'm sorry. I'm disappointed" said Charleton Lupica of Gulf Shores, Ala.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/jul/0...works-las-vega/

OMG please please please a rip pop up somewhere ! I'd give anything !

And even though She Couldn't ' is a huge piece of the Linkin Park puzzle, I would've picked DBS.

OMG please please please a rip pop up somewhere ! I'd give anything !

And even though She Couldn't ' is a huge piece of the Linkin Park puzzle, I would've picked DBS.

I'm fairly convinced that if you were able to obtain a soundboard recording of Dead by Sunrise, you would be unhappy with the entire show because of one minor flaw in Chester's singing. You're never happy with anything. :lol:

Don't get too up-tight about DBS playing in the middle of LP's set guys.

It'll probably only be 2 or 3 songs (as the album still won't be out) and LP might be incorporated in somehow. It's not like they are gonna re-set up the stage in the middle of LP set, organize for DBS, then re-set for LP.

And damn I had had a bad feeling about that stunt from the start.

Spot on. I've just been on all day refreshing in the hope something surfaces. When it does, you will be able to hear the noise coming from me miles away

I'm starting to think there will be little or no rips at all. The fine for cameras was 5000!. If someone got it they did indeed risk everything in the name of DBS.

Edited by Subs

if chester play some songs on epicenter 09 XD maybe mike should play one or two songs from fm isnt it?

=P anyway i hope someone tape epicenter :D

i don't seem to selfish, i'm half percent sure that if he play songs from DBS, it won't be with the JK members lol

I think that it is not just that do not exist rips of video or audio, because in the previous concert if they had and we could listen for the first time "My Suffering" and "Walking In Circles", why this time has to be different? Last year could we listen to 2 songs that delighted us, why this year we cannot listen to these two new songs?...is not just...