Transformers 2 Premiere Show

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was an excellent show, I got decent standing area on the left side of the stage. Brad, Mike, and Chester were close enough at times to give the girl next to me handshakes. I tried recording the audio with my cell phone but it came out like shit. Fans were super loud, I could only really hear Chester's vocals on New Divide because not that many people knew the lyrics yet lol. Awesome live song btw, the distorted breakdown is bad ass.

i video taped the whole performace..it was unrreal...in a good way. and who ever said the fans had bad seating were full of srap if u got there early liek they said then you got good spots inches away from the band, and the rocked fuckin awesome! and new divide live is way better than the studio version...just a great show

all the people who got put to the sides far away were the ones who showed up last, simply put. vips were in the middle but they were all fans too. no celebrities or anyone liek that. im not sure why they were there, but they did somethign different. my spot was only a foot away from them, and i only won tickets from kroq. i showed up early and got good seats

Fuck yeah that's what I'm talking about. Another person told me the LPU'ers got the middle, KROQ on the side, so I dunno who was mixed up about it initially, haha.

If you wanna throw your video up on an FTP account, I can make one for you? We'd love to have the raw files....

they started with what ive done, and ended with new divide... they had a new intro for what ive done then from anything ive heard before. what sucked was standing for about 3 hours but the show was great especially hearing new divide live for the first time

Fuck yeah that's what I'm talking about. Another person told me the LPU'ers got the middle, KROQ on the side, so I dunno who was mixed up about it initially, haha.

If you wanna throw your video up on an FTP account, I can make one for you? We'd love to have the raw files....

way tired right now, but i'd love to later

i think new divide is the only full song i got, but i definitely took clips of the other tracks

not going to lie, the crowd was practically dead where i was (left/behind stage)

I really don't know how some of the fans got to be in the middle, I showed up pretty early got in the right line for LPUers and ended up on the left side but very close to the stage at least because we were the first line to be led into the stage area.

We let a bunch of LPUers in the middle and then they eventually started allowing people from the sides of the stage into the middle to fill it out. They had to keep it clear at first because of the cameras. I had no idea that's how the set up would be until I actually got there. It was crazy though. The guys killed it. I tried to get into the premiere afterparty with my "artist guest" pass and got through like 4 stages of security before the girl at the door told me they just stopped allowing artist guests in. I was pissed. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have hooked up with Megan Fox....... ok not really. But there was free food.

Anyway, hope everyone had fun. It was cool meeting everyone even though I was super busy and barely had time to say hi to anyone or take pics.

Edited by Adam

i can't stress this enough... the crowd absolutely sucked tonight, at least where i was. there was no jumping/dancing whatsoever, barely any singing... really disappointing. this was my first time actually seeing lp play live, but it was definitely lower than my expectations after seeing dozens of projekt revolution videos. i realize that this was tiny compared to the magnitude of a tour set, but the crowd could have been WAY better.

oh fuck this was not a good show for you to see LP live for the first time at, LOL

please god don't judge them on this 6 song set. go to the pomona show in august. at big LP headlining shows, fans go CRAZY and it is AWESOME.

wait until you see me at Pomona, lol ;)

i can't stress this enough... the crowd absolutely sucked tonight, at least where i was. there was no jumping/dancing whatsoever, barely any singing... really disappointing. this was my first time actually seeing lp play live, but it was definitely lower than my expectations after seeing dozens of projekt revolution videos. i realize that this was tiny compared to the magnitude of a tour set, but the crowd could have been WAY better.

in the video in front there were many people jumping

but ya no one singing

in new divide when before last chorus when music gets down , only brad and chester

chester should let audiance sing

it was the 1st show but , it would be beautiful later

yeah, i know i can't judge after this show after i've seen videos of everything else. it just makes me more and more anxious to go to PR or another arena tour show one day

oh and mark: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=196125065513

the youtube video was compressed by the phone and possibly additionally by youtube. the fb video was uploaded from the full size 126mb file and only compressed by fb. i don't know if anyone else can see it because mark is the only person i'm fb friends with, but let me know

one more side rant: i hate point and shoot cameras more than anything right now.. ironically, the only use i find for them is taking videos. none of my pictures turned out usable, except for the ones where i consciously kept my hand still for 3+ seconds. i heart my sony a700 dslr.

other annoyances with today's show: that whole 18 rule, they never checked IDs for age. that was my biggest dilemma and i freaked out when none of my 18+ friends could make it it. i luckily dragged my mom to LA at literally the last second (left my house at 7, somehow got there in an hour) but i could have just as easily brought an actual friend.

the rules said no cameras, so naturally i "snuck" in a little point and shoot. nobody cared. hell, nobody cared about the guys i saw with SLRs. i could have brought mine and shot QUALITY photos.

haha the end. a free show is a free show. despite my annoyances with rules, the crowd, and other crap, i'm still overall glad i got to see lp play together for the first time. all of today's problems just make me look forward to a REAL lp concert.

Its great to see LP play live for the first time in 2009, and the first time with New Divide, but honestly, I'm just counting down the days till DBS in July 4th. LP have taken a backseat for me to DBS, we need to hear this record.