Transformers 2 Premiere Show

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The performance of New Divide was better than I had expected, instrument-wise. I think they got very close to the album version, keeping in mind they used a lot of samples, but in terms of guitar sound and the sound of Mike's synth, they were spot on. I feared it would lack power because there is no rythm guitar on the song, but it certainly didn't.

Chester was off most of the time and pretty much ruined the song for me. Not surprising. Only good thing is that he didn't have much trouble hitting the high note at "distance in your eyes", which I had expected he would. When I think about it, he usually sings better when he is allowed to force his throat to the top, so it's not that strange. Still, overall, his singing sucked. But he rocked on Bleed it Out, really awesome performance. He did well on Numb and Faint too.

I think overall ND was not as bad as it could have been for a first real performance.

New Divide sounds like a pain to perform live vocally, and it can really only get better from here with experience. So I think overall that was definitely a hell of a show. Chester sounds better in the fan videos for Faint/Numb/ITE/BiO than he did in the pro-recorded DSPs of 07-08.

I think overall ND was not as bad as it could have been for a first real performance.

New Divide sounds like a pain to perform live vocally, and it can really only get better from here with experience. So I think overall that was definitely a hell of a show. Chester sounds better in the fan videos for Faint/Numb/ITE/BiO than he did in the pro-recorded DSPs of 07-08.

I've been waiting for someone to say that. I absolutely agree. Chester, especially on Faint, sounded very very good (on all songs except ND). ND was a bit weak but hey, it's the first performance of it so I mean it'll get better. Remember when they did 'What I've Done' on Saturday Night Live and everyone was like "OMG CHESTER, UGH SUCKY VOCALS"? He improved and can nail it now. Let's see how he improves with New Divide throughout 2009 and 2010.

i think it was an ok performance for ND XD i also thought that he would ruin the "distance in your eyes" part, i felt him weak in the start but on the second verse was better.

i hope someone can get a rip from the show, XD As now i'm trying to rip some youtube videos tapped from the big screen, they have good audio :P and a decent video quality at least. but i hope get something better someday