'Heavy Is The Crown' Music Video and Single out now!

LPLStaff

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, PetarCROATIA said:

And the sound/mix of Mike's verses.

My problem is that it sounds like a demo but it's too early to have my final thought.

Lost, Fighting Myself, and More the Victim were all remixed for release last year. They weren't just sitting on a hard drive sounding like the versions we got on Meteora 20. They took the stems and mixed them as if they had just been recorded last year.

So to say HITC has a similar mix makes sense since the songs were mixed a year apart.

Edited by Justin

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

Lost, Fighting Myself, and More the Victim were all remixed for release last year. They weren't just sitting on a hard drive sounding like the versions we got on Meteora 20. They took the stems and mixed them as if they had just been recorded last year.

So to say HITC has a similar mix makes sense since the songs were mixed a year apart.

Lost - yes

But who said FM and MTV were mixed before 2022? They might were unmixed. Mike mix those two and I don't think he's 2022 mix of those songs would be that much different if he would mix them in 2003.

I don't buy that there's "no experimentation" with this new album: This whole era is an experiment. A new drummer, a new singer, coming back after 7 years, it's definitely different. Them coming out with an ATS or OML style album would've resulted in an even bigger backlash. Making songs that sound familiar is a good way to bring back in fans while also helping them get used to the new members. I don't mind it. Doing the comeback album with familiar sounds while waiting for the next album to go back to experimenting.  Plus the songs have been pretty good about incorporating from all the different eras.

Just now, rsw2010 said:

I don't buy that there's "no experimentation" with this new album: This whole era is an experiment. A new drummer, a new singer, coming back after 7 years, it's definitely different. Them coming out with an ATS or OML style album would've resulted in an even bigger backlash. Making songs that sound familiar is a good way to bring back in fans while also helping them get used to the new members. I don't mind it. Doing the comeback album with familiar sounds while waiting for the next album to go back to experimenting.  Plus the songs have been pretty good about incorporating from all the different eras.

Amen.

A weird sounding LP record now, with new members, including a damn new lead vocalist, would just be the perfect excuse for a looot of people to say "see it doesn't even sound remotely like the same band anymore, they're done".

Beside, the fact they had fun making this music is what made the band comeback to begin with. Once this line up is settled, they'll probably have fun trying others things too. 

14 minutes ago, martinez said:

Lost - yes

But who said FM and MTV were mixed before 2022? They might were unmixed. Mike mix those two and I don't think he's 2022 mix of those songs would be that much different if he would mix them in 2003.

You're right. I should've said "mixed" rather than "remixed". My point was that those songs would not have sounded the way they do on M20 had they actually made it onto Meteora's tracklist in 2003, so to say that HITC sounds like a demo from 2003 because it sounds like the songs from the Lost Demos CD, which is what the person was saying that I responded to originally, is incorrect.

Two songs immediately come to mind. Mike's raps remind me of ''I have not begun'' and the elements in the track reminded me of ''Aubrey One'' 2009 demo, as LP we're going in a very heavy direction before going left field during the ATS sessions according to some of the demos on LPU14. Here's the track I have a feeling Mike pulled from for ''Heavy Is The Crown'', listen to the synth especially during the build up with guitars. Maybe Mike actually used this demo as reference or he simply wrote something like it.

Edited by AceWav

5 hours ago, Qwerty18 said:

Amen.

A weird sounding LP record now, with new members, including a damn new lead vocalist, would just be the perfect excuse for a looot of people to say "see it doesn't even sound remotely like the same band anymore, they're done".

Beside, the fact they had fun making this music is what made the band comeback to begin with. Once this line up is settled, they'll probably have fun trying others things too. 

Yeah. While I do love the track, I find myself a little sad that for the first time it feels like LP is retreading without really pushing the envelope on new sounds. That is, until you think about the context you describe, and it also just makes total business sense to roll out their signature sound with the comeback

That said, I really hope at least one track on the album is different and ballad-y, filling the place that BTH does on Meteora on FZ 

22 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

Yeah. While I do love the track, I find myself a little sad that for the first time it feels like LP is retreading without really pushing the envelope on new sounds. That is, until you think about the context you describe, and it also just makes total business sense to roll out their signature sound with the comeback

That said, I really hope at least one track on the album is different and ballad-y, filling the place that BTH does on Meteora on FZ 

I'm obviously just speculating wildly here, but I have a strong feeling that Good Things Go will be a ballad to close out the album.

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

There probably will be one, it's a tradition for the band at this point.

I also suspect that, if this record is mostly centered on loud vocals, then the next one will have much more clean takes. Mike love producing vocals, and he'll probably want to tap into different aspects of Emily's abilities in the future.

There is so much to explore, and based on her live renditions of Lost/My December/Friendly Fire/ What I've done/ new Divide/ etcs, I am sure her softer takes on studio material would give the chills.

To come out with something experimental such as ATS (my favorite album) or OML (my least favorite album) would have been career suicide. 

Also, Nu Metal is pretty big again and why would they leave the market to other bands that have been influenced by them when they are the OGs? I totally get that they come back with their trademark sound to show how it's done and that they still got it. The title "HITC" could also be interpreted as them seeing a responsibility in literally being the fathers to the style of other artists. They just had to do it.

15 hours ago, anirudh said:

Why does this sound like a punk album? Where is the experimentation? 😭 

I want songs like WFTE, COG, BTH. 

No we don't want them anymore. Enough of the experimental shit. I am glad LP are using heavy guitars again. And would be even better if they used heavy guitars through whole songs, not only on bridge part.

Yep song is undeniably great. Video is meh (sorry never been a LoL fan), would much rather just have a legit video of their own, but I get the whole cross promotional thing - LoL is huge with a massive audience, so I can't blame them. It's like being upset at NIN/Eminem for doing edited Fortnite stuff. It's like, this is how it happens now.

Having said that, it's not that out of place for them. It reminds me of when early internet ppl would take their favorite clips of anime and use LP songs as the soundtrack. I remember LP being one of the first artists ppl all over the planet were doing this with in the early 2000's even before youtube.

1 minute ago, RYG4R said:

So what's the story for HITC for Arcane S2 soundtrack. I read in LPA that there's a different version which is written specifically for the animated show. what is it?

I don't think we know for sure, but there was a "leak" the other day with audio sung by someone different, sounded soft and mellow. Just a snippet of the chorus. It could be fake, could have been placeholder material to keep the real track under wraps, who knows. 

22 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I don't think we know for sure, but there was a "leak" the other day with audio sung by someone different, sounded soft and mellow. Just a snippet of the chorus. It could be fake, could have been placeholder material to keep the real track under wraps, who knows. 

To what i've heard from Colin so far, it really sounded like him.

99% sure the person songing in the clip is a guy called Mako who I believe sang songs for the last season of Arcane. Probably had him do a trailer/interlude version for the show, like the New Divide version for Alita: Battle Angel a few years ago. I IMAGINE thats what’s the version listed on the Arcane soundtrack? Maybe they do have another version

12 hours ago, Hybrider said:

No we don't want them anymore. Enough of the experimental shit. I am glad LP are using heavy guitars again. And would be even better if they used heavy guitars through whole songs, not only on bridge part.

No. we need experimental again. LP does best when they experiment. I want them to try 80s sci-fi cyberpunk theme.

I’ll come through with the hot take and say this song is bland as hell. Has next to no replay value for me like The Emptiness Machine does. The synth lead sounds like something you’d hear in a Meteora demo and not one that would make the final album. Nice hearing what Emily brings to the table though.