LPLStaff

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, lplfan said:

the song is Dope!
Im getting vibes like ''epic'' anthem song

Love it , cant wait for the studio version !!

I dont know if it is mentioned before but , check out genius it has lyrics for some new songs! maybe those songs will be the next singles or what ?

https://genius.com/albums/Linkin-park/From-zero

There were some lyrics visible on the image presenting one of the From Zero sets in an online store, and i'm guessing that's where these are from

33 minutes ago, lplfan said:

the song is Dope!
Im getting vibes like ''epic'' anthem song

Love it , cant wait for the studio version !!

I dont know if it is mentioned before but , check out genius it has lyrics for some new songs! maybe those songs will be the next singles or what ?

https://genius.com/albums/Linkin-park/From-zero

Anybody can add lyrics to Genius.

There is absolutely no chance, whatsoever, that LP would have "It's like the 4th day of July, reckless like you're making rockets to blow up in the sky" as lyrics. It seems like somebody did a writing exercise on what they think the lyrics would be for songs with those titles.

1 hour ago, PetarCROATIA said:

Nice reply 😊

I will wait for the studio recording.

Hey! I lived in your country for a little while, I loved it!

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I don't think the desire to move away from nu-metal was purely Mike. When they did the nu-metal version of Heavy, I believe it was Chester who said "There's your Hybrid Theory, now shut the fuck up". That doesn't seem like something he'd say unless he also resented the constant calls for LP to go backwards in their evolution with each album.

I also don't think he was ashamed of THP. He had said in the years after THP that he wanted to play more of those songs live and was even willing to extend their set times to do it, but they brought it to a band vote that he was on the wrong side of. KTTK specifically is one I know he wanted to play after THP was released and was never able to make it happen until now.

So THP was solely Mike's wish? I never thought that way, but it makes sense since everyone but Mike has always try to move past that record 

39 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Hey! I lived in your country for a little while, I loved it!

So THP was solely Mike's wish? I never thought that way, but it makes sense since everyone but Mike has always try to move past that record 

I don't think it was solely his wish, since that would imply that the band would simply do what Mike commanded whether they liked it or not. Mike has always been the leader of the band and "the glue" but I'm pretty sure everyone at least had a say lol.

I've always felt like it might've been Mike who was initially inspired to got that route, but he managed to get the others excited and wanting to go that route as well.

The reason I think certain members may have wanted to move past that album, and not extend their live sets to play more songs from it, is because most of those songs are more physically demanding to play than songs from their other albums. Rob had to receive chiropractic treatment by the end of the recording process for THP, and Brad had wrist issues that necessitated the use of KT tape during live shows. I can't imagine either of them being excited to play longer sets with harder songs to play.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

Anybody can add lyrics to Genius.

There is absolutely no chance, whatsoever, that LP would have "It's like the 4th day of July, reckless like you're making rockets to blow up in the sky" as lyrics. It seems like somebody did a writing exercise on what they think the lyrics would be for songs with those titles.

I'll disappoint you, that's the real lyrics from Cut the Bridge. Just look From Zero vinyl pic, there're lyrics of 7 songs

Edited by DystopianBy

3 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

The chorus sounds a lot like Already Over.

Can't wait for the Remix EP. Maybe we will get hits like:

1. Heavy Is the Crown (Is the Crown Heavy? Remix)
2. Heavy is the Crown (The Crown Is Heavy Remix)
3. Heavy is the Crown Pt. 2

Sillyness aside, I like how the song sounds. I agree I can see some "Rise Against"-like sound at some parts. I want to hear the full studio version before judging which LP album sounds I associate the most with the song. The only thing I'm 100% convinced is that Mikes's rap verse sounds a lot like the LT/THP rap verses. 

• RogueSoul changed the title to 'Heavy Is The Crown' Live Debut in Hamburg, Music Video releasing September 24