'Heavy Is The Crown' Live Debut in Hamburg, Music Video releasing September 24

LPLStaff

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Mike “I don’t think we’ve done that really before… I don’t think ever like, played a brand new song like that… before it’s out”

QWERTY “Am I a fucking joke to you?” 

Wastelands was played before too.

I listened studio leak and samples are so original like from HT/Meteora era but general sound is like LT/THP mix  and that clean guitar before bridge is like something from '80. Now I think that whole album will be fast paced catchy hard songs with minimal experiments but its not bad thing for first album after reunion. Good for catch new audience.

Edited by MMM

The sample/synth work gives me big time 90's hip hop vibes, in the best way. The energy is infectious. This is going to become an all-time banger live. 

What a comeback record "From Zero" is shaping up to be. 2/2 so far, and hype at the highest!

Edited by Qwerty18

4 hours ago, linkindan said:

Mike “I don’t think we’ve done that really before… I don’t think ever like, played a brand new song like that… before it’s out”

QWERTY “Am I a fucking joke to you?” 

It wasn’t just QWERTY.

I also remember Talking to Myself, Good Goodbye, Battle Symphony, Wastelands, One More Light, and Invisible.

Practically all the songs from One More Light that were ever played were performed on the South American tour in 2017 before the studio version was released.

2 minutes ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

It wasn’t just QWERTY.

I also remember Talking to Myself, Good Goodbye, Battle Symphony, Wastelands, One More Light, and Invisible.

Practically all the songs from One More Light that were ever played were performed on the South American tour in 2017 before the studio version was released.

Crowds up the joke a bit

5 hours ago, Hybrider said:

This doesn't sound like Meteora. Style is maybe similar, but whole sound and guitar sounds like post Minutes to Midnight. This album is going to be like The Hunting Party. But I love the song.

I have a feeling that will be like THP meets LT with a mix of other albums.

3 hours ago, EgorN said:

The leak is available (for those who can't wait)

And yeah, this. If you want to wait until tomorrow just avoid the internet (?). This time I took the liberty to listen to it before (just because I already heard it in the Hamburg live show, if they wasn't played on there i would have waited). Its just sounds as good as the live version, maybe Emily's scream was even better than the live version. This is shaping up to be my favorite album since Living Things (even when i love THP but this is looking to sound even better than THP)

so, i'm the only one here that felt like this kinda sounded like Faint? 

i saw the video and some moments i got confused if that was Faint being played, lol.
also the string sample it's really similiar  ( or Reading my Eyes?)
sounds dope, better than Emptiness Machine imo.

7 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

THIS! And a bit of Faint 

ok, i thought i was the only one, lol.

4 hours ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

It wasn’t just QWERTY.

They also did it before, e.g. M2M where No More Sorrow and Given Up debuted in Berlin prior to the album release.

https://linkinpedia.com/wiki/Live:20070428

4 hours ago, LeonardoMF93 said:

It wasn’t just QWERTY.

How about the large majority of the Meteora material played on the LPU tour? Mike's memory this kind of stuff is notoriously bad.

Song wise, I dig it. I appreciate the use of samples and Emily sounds solid. I get why people are saying it's "Meteora 2." I think it fits well in the camp of songs that got included on Lost Demos and the tempo and keyboard sounds give me a "More the Victim" vibe. Given that was my favorite of that bunch, I'm not mad about that.

Edited by letdownagain