2024.09.11 - Los Angeles, California (KIA Forum // From Zero World Tour Kickoff)

RogueSoul

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, linkin_boss said:

Well here we go:

So the source was recorded with a S24 Ultra. Pro video settings: UHD 30fps, speed 1/250, zoom: telephoto (3×; optical), focus: center.

Thank you!

From this new LP I'm just enjoying Mike's energy and skills músics LP, Emily is a good vocalist singing pop, songs stream she loses her voice and is out of tune, Ivo Rosário was the best name, the other drummer is good, but Rob leaving was As sad as 2017, Brad became guitar cleaners? As a fan I will follow the band, but I prefer to listen to Hibryd Theory

38 minutes ago, HT_lash said:

I would like SBD's to come back in this new era with Emily...

That'd be sweet, especially with all the new mixes and stuff we got in the setlist. Hopefully they decide to mix at least one of these shows and make it a pre-order digital bonus, or smth like that.

15 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

A couple notes from watching videos:

Points of Authority sounds really fresh with Mike singing the verses and Keys to the Kingdom translates really well to the stage.

Mike singing the verses of Leave Out All the Rest is cool as well

49 minutes ago, HybridSoldier.LP said:

From this new LP I'm just enjoying Mike's energy and skills músics LP, Emily is a good vocalist singing pop, songs stream she loses her voice and is out of tune, Ivo Rosário was the best name, the other drummer is good, but Rob leaving was As sad as 2017, Brad became guitar cleaners? As a fan I will follow the band, but I prefer to listen to Hibryd Theory

"I don't like that this new Linkin Park has people that are not original members of Linkin Park. So i will listen to a band that no one is or never was a member of Linkin Park and has no relation at all with them."

But each with their own, i guess. Hope you have joy, anyways.

Edited by vinifeijo

this obsession with original members being there or not touring but only writing is getting stale. look at fuckin Norma Jean, no original member left, still going strong, In Flames as well, Slipknot are touring with basically half of new members atm. just enjoy the ride. as long as we have main songwriters in the band, its gonna be LP no matter what.

51 minutes ago, HybridSoldier.LP said:

Mike and Brad have always been the main songwriters, they're still there, that's enough for me.

1 hour ago, HybridSoldier.LP said:

Linkin Park is, and always was, about proposing something new about them. It was never meant to be the same. Ivo is a skilled vocalist, but he copycats Chester in a way that is only acceptable for a cover/tribute band. The whole HT band does that, they try to be LP down to outfits and gestures, the way some very dedicated fans would. That's nice, but that's also why it was never going to be Ivo: Linkin Park doesn't need to cosplay themselves, they are Linkin Park. To each their own, but saying that you prefer to listen to a cover band rather than the original project who still has four out of the six original members in, is a new level of delusion.

6 minutes ago, Mapapwomatic said:

Did anyone notice that they haven't played any song of One More Light? I mean I'm completely fine with that considering I think it's by far their worst album, but it's still interesting that they didn't play anything out of it.

Friendly Fire is technically from the OML era, but yeah. Maybe they don't feel comfortable doing it due to the backlash in 2017, as well as it being Chester's last recordings.

2 hours ago, linkin_boss said:

Well here we go:

So the source was recorded with a S24 Ultra. Pro video settings: UHD 30fps, speed 1/250, zoom: telephoto (3×; optical), focus: center.

EDIT: Still killing time in the airport... So I added the setlist with timestamps 😁

Dude! Thank you so much!!! Watching through this now, originally I wasn’t 100% sold on Emily but now after watching parts of that crappy livestream and this and the other vids on YouTube i think that it’s obvious why they chose her, she’s super fucking talented. 

3 minutes ago, Mapapwomatic said:

Did anyone notice that they haven't played any song of One More Light? I mean I'm completely fine with that considering I think it's by far their worst album, but it's still interesting that they didn't play anything out of it.

I think they are trying to position Emily as someone who can handle their heavier stuff, so it would just send the wrong message. But I think over time songs from OML may rotate alongside other mellow songs.

I'm excited to see how will they tweak the set for NY. I asume the verse over BIO is gonna keep rotating, but otherwise I'm curious what else might change. Maybe mike will rotate songs on his solo. Also, the transitions having the letter A makes me think we'll eventually get 1 or 2 variants.

I wonder why are all the transitions so castle of glass-centered, if they are gonna play the full song as well 🤔 

13 minutes ago, Mapapwomatic said:

There's probably some complicated emotions about OML given what happened. Also I think the Post Traumatic tour doubled as a kind of sendoff to that era

Yeah, regarding OML, I see 2 main factors possibly at play

• The want to go for heavier / more energetic sets, at least for the time being
  • It's very possible (at least some) members associate OML with what happened right after its release, and that playing those songs would bring them back, mentally, to 2017. Definitely something that could feel very uncomfortable

I am sure some OML songs will eventually appear occasionally in the sets, but I wouldn't count on a heavy presence of that album in their future live shows.

3 hours ago, HybridSoldier.LP said:

Ivo Rosario it's not an artist he's just an imitator. I don't think that he has what it takes to write a song, produce, compose, create melodies.

Can you share an original song by him ? There's many guys who can imitate voices but that doesn't mean that you can do the rest.

They need someone who can do this at a professional level.

Emily is a true artist.

This is not a karaoke party for a clown like Ivo or the Hoax Tribute guys this is a professional band and the new members are also really professional guys with tons of experience in the real music industry.

Edited by JZLP-RoadsUntraveled

10 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

Ivo Rosario it's not artist he's just an imitator. I don't think that he has what it takes to write a song, produce, compose, create melodies.

Can you share an original song by him ? There's many guys who can imitate voices but that doesn't mean that you can do the rest.

They need someone who can do this at a professional level.

Emily is a true artist.

This is not a karaoke party for a clown like Ivo or the Hoax Tribute guys this is a professional band and the new members are also really professional guys with tons of experience in the real music industry.

^ spitting facts right there. nothing to add. 

54 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

Linkin Park is, and always was, about proposing something new about them. It was never meant to be the same. Ivo is a skilled vocalist, but he copycats Chester in a way that is only acceptable for a cover/tribute band. The whole HT band does that, they try to be LP down to outfits and gestures, the way some very dedicated fans would. That's nice, but that's also why it was never going to be Ivo: Linkin Park doesn't need to cosplay themselves, they are Linkin Park. To each their own, but saying that you prefer to listen to a cover band rather than the original project who still has four out of the six original members in, is a new level of delusion.

I never liked Ivo or his cover, I always thought he was bland and had no energy at all. Thank God LP didn't opt for a bad Chester cosplay.