'The Emptiness Machine' CD Single

LPLStaff

about the song, i'm not a native speaker so... who or what is "the emptiness machine" the lyrics refer to? 

also, it's just me or someone else noticed that "falling for the promise of the emptiness machine" has the same melody, tonics and syllable count as "standing at the end of the final masquerade" ?

The similarity is in the fact that in those songs there is a powerchord played on the A & G strings.
This progression is totally different, but that powerchord is very recognizable. 
Songs using this include, but not limited to :

-Somewhere i Belong
-Pushing Me Away
-Faint
-Valentines Day
-Leave Out All The Rest
-Guilty All The Same
-Final Masquerade 
-A Line In The Sand
-Nobody Can Save Me

And some others as i recal.

It's just a very Linkin Park-ish sound you can easily recognize if you spot it.

I noticed the drum groove is pretty similar to In Pieces. The song seems to have a lot of small details from each album, but to me it mostly sounds like something that was made in between Living Things and The Hunting Party. 

33 minutes ago, HybridSoldier.LP said:

Don't you think it's strange that Rob disappeared and didn't make any statement?

If Rob would like to make a statement because there would be anything to clear up from his side, nothing is stopping him from doing so I guess?

3 hours ago, HybridSoldier.LP said:

I liked Emily, but the way Rob came out, it was strange, almost a lifetime in the LP, and his companions don't give a thank you note nor does he

A fair point but there is a thread for talking about Rob leaving, this is the thread to discuss the new single.

I'm glad I gave the single a chance. Despite the fact that I still don't know how I feel about everything LP wise, I have to admit, I really like The Emptiness Machine. Musically, it feels like the ultimate middle ground of all albums, the heaviness of the first albums, the pop sensibilities of OML, it does well. It feels like a Linkin Park (honestly as a drummer, I did notice the live drumming on the sing feels a bit different). I don't think I'll pre-order the album but I do think if the rest of the album is as good as the single, I will likely buy it on wax.

3 hours ago, HybridSoldier.LP said:

I liked Emily, but the way Rob came out, it was strange, almost a lifetime in the LP, and his companions don't give a thank you note nor does he

Please consider the fact that Mike, Phoenix, Joe, and Brad have literally had years to come to terms with Rob's departure and move forward. If they seem sort of nonchalant about it, that's probably why.

They didn't talk to us about it when it first happened because, as Mike explained, they still didn't know if and when LP would actually return at that point. It was before the From Zero album sessions ever even began in earnest.

On 9/10/2024 at 10:56 PM, leftshoe18 said:

I noticed the similarity in melody to Final Masquerade as well.

On 9/11/2024 at 12:23 AM, -Kubo said:

For me, the chorus reminds Guilty all the same more than Final masquerade...

I also hear those two songs there. Sometimes I just sing in my mind those two songs in the melody of TEM.

OK guys, so in the official LP a HQ image of the Mike's original paintings appear (@DCrecelius thanks to for the info about it): https://store.linkinpark.com/cdn/shop/files/LIP523A_MSMVPAINTINGPOSTER.png?v=1725565956

Now based on this picture but also mainly on this picture I cut the image identically like on the CD. So here it is, the HQ cover of the single:

The-Emptiness-Machine.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/hcKGX2jz/TEMcover1.jpg

Now, you can finally add it to Linkinpedia.

On 9/11/2024 at 12:30 AM, GreyFox-AFCA said:

The similarity is in the fact that in those songs there is a powerchord played on the A & G strings.
This progression is totally different, but that powerchord is very recognizable. 
Songs using this include, but not limited to :

-Somewhere i Belong
-Pushing Me Away
-Faint
-Valentines Day
-Leave Out All The Rest
-Guilty All The Same
-Final Masquerade 
-A Line In The Sand
-Nobody Can Save Me

And some others as i recal.

It's just a very Linkin Park-ish sound you can easily recognize if you spot it.

That’s an octave, my guy 😅 not a powerchord. 

On 9/12/2024 at 10:55 AM, Somebodyangry said:

The song is slaying, at this pace is hitting 50 millions on Spotify by the beginning of next week. 

As for the sound, strong GATS/ALITS/COG/Victimized vibes and a bit of Fine (the beginning)

Lmao Linkin Park fans will abbreviated anything with more than 2 syllables. 

Anyway dope painting by Mike as always, shame the single sounds like every other power rock, heavy metal band online except for that orgasmic piano that's very lp if I ever saw it. Yo ruskis hack america and leak this shit already I wanna listen to it. 

Edited by Awalkinthelinkinpark
Fucking auto correct.