• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Sukotto said:

Haven’t seen this mentioned, Amazon alternate art version - 

61rbepeoJwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for your reply and attention!
And where does it say here that this is an instrumental?
It only states that the exclusive cover is for Amazon.

32 minutes ago, Shifter said:

Thank you for your reply and attention!
And where does it say here that this is an instrumental?
It only states that the exclusive cover is for Amazon.

As you say, its an alternate cover, I’ve not seen anything about instrumentals

16 minutes ago, thor3 said:

just have to ask, are the leak track lengths for real? i wont believe it until it appears on itunes or something but still 

Yes they are real, databases have it and one of the stores that use the info directly from the database (even if the song wasn't delivered to the stores yet) is Qobuz. As for iTunes you will never see any track length before the album is released becuse Apple changed it by the label's request and currently the length of the track on iTunes can be seen only when the track it's released.

On 9/7/2024 at 12:12 PM, nickishere12345 said:

I think Friendly Fire is the last Chester material we will get for a loooooong time (maybe MTM20 in 2027). I don't think they are going to want to steal Emily's thunder for a while.

Agreed, I think if there is an LPU demo CD it will be mostly random Mike beats since 2019ish with a verse or two by him, and maybe one Emily song or demo. 

I also expect though that LPU CDs not come back until next year to create a bit of a buffer and time for more material. Then they could include a lot of live recordings too 

On 9/7/2024 at 1:12 PM, nickishere12345 said:

I think Friendly Fire is the last Chester material we will get for a loooooong time (maybe MTM20 in 2027). I don't think they are going to want to steal Emily's thunder for a while.

I think FF was a unique occurrence in that they wanted something to drive sales of Papercuts with both hardcore and casual fans, as well as maybe for contractual reasons (compilation of old music vs new music). The fact we got something with Chester outside of the 20th releases was a surprise and I don't expect to see anything else honestly as it would really fall into cash grab perception. They're making new music so including Chester tracks should be reserved for anniversary releases. I think we'll get MTM20, ATS20, and LT20 and that may be it, but that's a discussion for another day.

On 9/7/2024 at 1:13 PM, leftshoe18 said:

I guess the band could put out a couple of demos that didn't make HT20 or Meteora 20.

If LPU cds come back, I think this would be it, assuming they haven't already released everything worthwhile before? I could also see a few early session cuts with Emily being included. There's likely material that wouldn't be in the running for an LP album where they were starting to consider returning, maybe even him throwing her on a song like Still Alive or something to demo it before recording the final thing. But that's just me spitballing

I don't know if it's the best topic to talk about everything that has happend in the recent days, but I have a need to summarise it all somewhere from my perspective. I didn't want to post something right after the comeback live show because I knew that my feelings and opinions would be changing very quickly and that was the case. Now the emotions subsided a little bit so I'm ready to talk about the matter.

When the news popped out a few months ago, I was pretty sure that they would turn out true. There were too many rumours flying around, including some from reliable sources. When people started speculating what the countdown on the website would bring, I was sure that it would be the band's comeback with a female singer. To be honest, when I saw the news that it would be a female singer, I wasn't too happy. Most of the music that I listen to has men as vocalists. Although I listen to some female pop aritsts, they have been neither my idols nor my favourite artists. A few months ago, a part of me was still hoping that the female singer rumours were not true, because I simply prefer the sound of male voices, usually. I won't hide - in my head the ideal solution was for the band to come back as a 5-piece - as it was in 2017 but, obviously, without Chester. The reality is different though and not hearing One Step Closer or having too many "tributes to Chester moments" during a concert would be certainly weird and a little bit depressing after a few concerts. Can you imagine the comeback show with The Emptiness Machine followed by Roads Untraveled and All for Nothing? Well, for hardcore fans that would be exciting anyway, but some casual fans would definitely ask for Numb or One Step Closer. After all, most Linkin Park songs are built for two voices. The changes have been inevitable anyway as Rob didn't want to participate and Brad is unable to tour at the moment.

The comeback show started at midnight in my timezone. I had been so nervous before it! I'd been waiting for this moment since 2017, coming up with different scenarios myself. Although I have some other favourite bands, none of them come close to Linkin Park in terms of my emotional investment. The intro was amazing. I can't describe how I was feeling while I was listening to the entrance intro. Unbelievable moment. Honestly, I was a bit disgruntled when I saw that Rob and Brad werent't on the stage. It was easy to expect that with Rob but I was sure that Brad would participate in the live show. Then Mike's "good to see you again" was the best thing he could say at that moment. It was something simple but effective. One sentence actually made me emotional and hyped at the same time. I don't want to describe every moment of the concert though so I'll just skip to my overall reaction.

I had so many mixed feelings during and after the concert. Honestly, the day after the concert I felt that I was betraying the old Linkin Park when I was listening to The Emptiness Machine and the fragments of the live show. I know it's irrational... Something was wrong with the line-up changes, a female vocalist. Not everything clicked with me immediately. I couldn't even have fun during some parts of the concert, because I was constantly analysing everything, maybe overthinking a bit. After some days, however, I realised that I need to simply separate the past from the present and the future. The old Linkin Park is gone. Well, not completely beacuse I can listen to the old albums or watch old live shows... but we'll never get anything from them once again. What helped me cope with the situation was treating the new Linkin Park line-up as a new band. I know it sounds crazy, but I started to focus on the music and not on the comparison between the old and new. Both are great, just in a different way. Obviously, the old Linkin Park will always be closer to my heart. However, when I focus on The Emptiness Machine as a song without thinking about other music from Linkin Park, I can simply say that it's an awesome song. It has the old Linkin Park DNA with something new mixed in. It's catchy, energetic and it has a great production. It has everything that I like in music. I'm sure that Chester would enjoy it too.

When Emily sings old Linkin Park songs, obviously it feels different. As I said at the beginning, I'm not the biggest fan of female voices, especially in rock music. However, I can say that she's doing a great job. She has power and a great rasp in her voice. She has stage presence. She is versatile too, being able to sing softer songs and heavier parts. Everything that LP could ask for. I think that Collin will be a great addition too. From what I saw, he has produced a lot of good-sounding modern rock albums in the past and I think he'll help the band achieve a better production on their future works. It will never be the same without Chester, but he's unfortunately gone. What I can do is accept it and get ready for the future of the band. I don't like some aspects of the comeback - it would be much better to see all 5 original members together on stage. The live shows seem a bit less attractive to me with a touring guitarist and a new drummer. I also have an impression  that the band is forcing "classic" LP sound again. I hope that it's not the case and we'll see some experimentation on the new album. At the first show, they played mostly heavier and energetic songs, but I hope they haven't forgotten that they have a lot of interesting pop and electronic songs in their catalogue. I absolutely love One More Light to this day and I'd like to see them playing Nobody Can Save Me or other songs again. I have a feeling that they want to convince people who hated One More Light that they can still play rock music. If it's a natural progression for them, then fine - I really enjoy the style of The Emptiness Machine. I just hope it's not an artificial move to make the music appealing to the fans of Hybrid Theory and Meteora.

All in all, after some days of processing everything, I can say that I welcome the new version of the band with open arms. It's different but it's exciting at the same time. There is nothing I can do to bring back the old Linkin Park and accepting this is a relief. It brings back a lot of fun and excitmenent to the album rollout and the band's comeback in general. I cannot wait to hear "From Zero"!

40 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

We need at least 14 full songs

10 is not enough.

weirdly enough, i disagree. i think in any other event, i’m all for more songs, but with this being a comeback, they want each song to be as strong as ever as a statement. More killer, less filler if that makes sense. 

plus, this just means you can listen to it twice an hour!

2 hours ago, DCrecelius said:

ore killer, less filler if that makes sense. 

Exactly what I am hoping for!

Every LP record (minus HT, possibly ATS) has had songs I though were a bit "filler"-ish. Not bad, but not great. I'd like this one to be one of those records where after every song, you think "This is my favorite off the record!"

3 hours ago, DCrecelius said:

weirdly enough, i disagree. i think in any other event, i’m all for more songs, but with this being a comeback, they want each song to be as strong as ever as a statement. More killer, less filler if that makes sense. 

plus, this just means you can listen to it twice an hour!

Agree. Hopefully they’ve gone for quality over quantity. They have outlet options (LPU, bsides, future deluxe edition etc) if they want to put more out from the sessions. 

49 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

Exactly what I am hoping for!

Every LP record (minus HT, possibly ATS) has had songs I though were a bit "filler"-ish. Not bad, but not great. I'd like this one to be one of those records where after every song, you think "This is my favorite off the record!"

LT era filler, imo: SKIN TO BONE, UNTIL IT BREAKS (loved Brad's part tho), VICTIMIZED (does not fit to the rest of the album, track could fit in THP)

THP filler tracks: War, The Summoning, Drawbar.

6 minutes ago, Bebro said:

Is From Zero CD Boxset 5800 copies a lot? It's in store for almost a week and it's still avaible

If it was the only special version? Probably not. It would sell out real quick. But with there being so many different options, most people will choose only one and the boxset might not be the most impressive one for a lot. I for example went for the Zine version since I think that‘s more interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

I have a feeling that we might get shorter gaps between albums from now on. Like, From Zero in November and then a new record in like late 2026 

As long the band takes their time and not feeling rushed. We want the album to be special again. Take their time in crafting another great album.