2024.09.05 - Los Angeles, CA (Special Event)

RogueSoul

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, elliottiscrazy1 said:

This is super cool, and I'm very excited for the new album, but is anyone else here a little mixed on Emily Armstrong? She isn't horrible but I feel that she doesn't sing as well as Chester. Granted, most people can't lol. She should be fine but Chester will always be #1

I don't feel anything, she is good, but I don't feel the same excitement that the band transmitted before, not sure how to describe it,  used to get goosebumps everytime I hear them live or a new song.  I'll give it some time. I watched the stream with an open mind and 0 expectations. Well see how it goes from here. 

I'm so overwhelmed.

A whole new live show.

Two new members.

A new single.

A new album

and a world tour in weeks.

This was a much bigger drop than expected.

Edited by Smarky

2 minutes ago, Smarky said:

I'm so overwhelmed.

A whole new live show.

Two new members.

A new single.

A new album

and a world tour in weeks.

This was a much bigger drop than expected.

How they kept this quiet is insane. A world tour in TWO WEEKS I mean wtf

Man, I'm still in awe over that show. It was incredible! Emily killed it for her first performance with the band! Colin was awesome as well. I know we'll all miss Rob and especially Chester, but the band sounds great! I already pre-ordered the box set from the site. Now to wait for more tour dates in 2025! Linkin Park is back!!

It's been so long since I've been here.

During The Emptiness Machine and Somewhere I Belong, I pretty much had tears in my eyes that they're back, they sounded great. I got a bit skeptical during Crawling and Lying From You as it felt like she was pushing the harsher vocals a bit much during the chrouses, but as the show went on, it definitely found like she found her footing better and she sounded incredible.

I'm happy

Edited by Projektion

Phew, it's been a long time since last I looked at LP news and logged to this site. All it took was for the band to come back together.

Anyway, just logged in to say that it was a great concert. There are a ton of questions in my head now. Do I like the new LP line-up? Is it really the same with the new members? Can I get used to the new vocals? Etc.
The only thing I know for sure is that I won't be making the mistake of taking the band for granted. I didn't give OML the chance it deserved when it came out, and immediately regretted it the moment Chester's news got to me. So for now I'll support the band's new direction and enjoy the ride while I can.

LP fan forever!

Solid show, great introduction to The Emptiness Machine. I think Emily is doing really well, and will ease more into this with more shows under her belt. I think OSC was the highlight out of the older songs, but WFTE is very interesting to hear with a different vibe, would probably grow on me a lot. Lost was also great, I hope for more chances for Emily to be herself instead of playing a Chester stand-in. Also, Mike's vocals have been amazing. We all know he's stepped up drastically with Post Traumatic, but him doing The Catalyst today was like a career best. And it's great to see the trademark energy of him doing ITE and interacting with the crowds back again on full display.  

What's perplexing is the choice to transpose so many songs, and so drastically to boot. I think it's easily the worst part of the new experience so far, it's weird hearing iconic loops from In The End or What I've Done keyed 2 steps up, even when Emily is in the vocal range of Chester (or close enough). Even more perplexingly, not all songs were transposed for whatever reason, and not all of them equally: Papercut was spared and played as usual, Faint was just 1 step up instead of 2.

Speaking of What I've Done, did you notice the inverted harmonies there and at the end of Faint? Seems like for some songs Emily is taking the lower line and Mike's going high — seems like a nice choice to me, sounds super organic.

Finally, it wouldn't be a Linkin Park show without Joe messing up the intro to The Catalyst. Welcome back, we missed you. 💜

P.S. This is an unpopular opinion for sure but with the new shows announced for next month and especially the live tour for 2025, I hope and pray they dedicate enough time in the set to "From Zero" and post-MTM records. I know folks love the first 2 albums and nostalgia tours are all the rage — but Linkin Park is not and has never been a wash-up band, and all that old material has been holding the band back for years.

4 minutes ago, Pro_Ice said:

Linkin Park is not and has never been a wash-up band, and all that old material has been holding the band back for years.

this.

i was really hoping the new era would come with a bit of a scaling back similar to Mike's PT. smaller venues, setlists more oriented towards the core fanbase.

but they did sign to WME which is a bigger agency and in the billboard article the warner folks seem to expect a lot.

makes me really curious as to how this will all go over

what a fucking blast

i loved every second of this show

cant believe that i figured out the emily theory i was probably one of the first members to talk about this 

she's a beast 

i liked that he got emotional during (WFTE?)  it feels really natural to have her with us

and the new single its badass

i loved that they didn't try to do some stupid pop awful shit

and they went to the real LP mode 

a sonng that sounded like LP

i fucking love that all.of you are on board 

i enjoyed the show with my baby daughter shes 4 she was rocking to every song specially OSC.

IM OVERWHELMED 

I'm Sold, I like it, A new chapter in life

Emily is mega, I just think on some of the songs she doesn't need to strain herself so much and ease here vocals a bit. Her clean vocals sound killer, she has to find that balance like Chester Did live. 
I'm sure she will find it, she rocks. Love seeing the band being creative and happy together

The new single has mad Linkin Park DNA, I love how you can keep hearing the creators behind it. It never changes

Edited by Spooky

Absolutely disappointed, they didn't gave us a Collision Course boxset for this worthless shit

Just kidding.

I didn't had any expectations, not good, not bad, just prepared for whatever may come after years of wild theories and made up stories. So I'm very happy with what we got.

A new single which is an absolute banger, and it sounds like LP without being a copy-paste of any era. Not an indie-pop song, not an nostalgia nu metal track (which I would absolutely despised, if I want nu metal songs I have two boxsets and dozens of bootlegs), not a remake of MTM... Just something new but recognizable.

About Emily, she has done it very well, she seems capable of doing anything from the back catalogue. After 7 years we have again a world full of possibilities. Obviously she's gonna perform some songs better thank others, and we all know that she will never be Chester, but wasn't that the point?

Crawling was ok (but it's Crawling, what do you expect?), The Catalyst and Waiting for the End, nailed it. I hope they continue this road and we can see all kinds of tracks (well, maybe OML not...) performed live.

The only thing that I don't get it yet is the new tuning, it's just me or it's too high? It's gonna take some time to get use to it.

At last, regarding Rob, it's a shame but we all have been suspecting this outcome since 2020, so that softens the punch. I just hope that there's no bad blood between parts and maybe he could guest sometime in a couple of songs somewhere along the tour, but that's just wishful thinking.

I think no one every could have replaced Chester. He was a one in a lifetime voice. 

So with that in mind I'm just taking this as it is. The new song is nice. I love the guitar on it. I am not savvy enough to describe music, but it had that Mike Shinoda/Linkin Park sound. 

I'll be ticketing tomorrow and then see how this album feels in November 

Emily is fucking AWESOME. Right vocal skills, right energy for LP.

I think besides TEM, I liked Crawling, Lost & WFTE  the most.

Some of the songs felt extremely weird after the key change. I'm hoping this is not the final version of those songs and they're gonna nail them down, otherwise (at least personally for me) it might take a lot time getting used to.

And hopefully BBB will be back soon.

28 minutes ago, JZLP-RoadsUntraveled said:

what a fucking blast

i loved every second of this show

cant believe that i figured out the emily theory i was probably one of the first members to talk about this 

she's a beast 

i liked that he got emotional during (WFTE?)  it feels really natural to have her with us

and the new single its badass

i loved that they didn't try to do some stupid pop awful shit

and they went to the real LP mode 

a sonng that sounded like LP

i fucking love that all.of you are on board 

i enjoyed the show with my baby daughter shes 4 she was rocking to every song specially OSC.

IM OVERWHELMED 

Hybrid, You and me were on board since the first station of the Emily train!
Can't believe it all happend like this, and how great it played out.

I'm 100% behind Emily fronting our wonderfull band.
I'm just sad that Rob doesn't want to have anything to do with the band anymore...

23 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

At last, regarding Rob, it's a shame but we all have been suspecting this outcome since 2020, so that softens the punch. I just hope that there's no bad blood between parts and maybe he could guest sometime in a couple of songs somewhere along the tour, but that's just wishful thinking.

Actually on the Billboard article, Mike mentioned Rob:

"Rob had said to us at a point, I guess it was a few years ago now, that he wanted to put some distance between himself and the band. And we understood that — it was already apparent. He was starting to just show up less, be in less contact, and I know the fans noticed it too. The Hybrid Theory rerelease and Papercuts release, he didn’t show up for anything. So for me, as a friend, that was sad, but at the same time, I want him to do whatever makes him happy, and obviously everybody wishes him the best."

6 minutes ago, max91 said:

Actually on the Billboard article, Mike mentioned Rob:

"Rob had said to us at a point, I guess it was a few years ago now, that he wanted to put some distance between himself and the band. And we understood that — it was already apparent. He was starting to just show up less, be in less contact, and I know the fans noticed it too. The Hybrid Theory rerelease and Papercuts release, he didn’t show up for anything. So for me, as a friend, that was sad, but at the same time, I want him to do whatever makes him happy, and obviously everybody wishes him the best."

That's why I mentioned about the "bad blood", I hope that distance doesn't mean anything bad, that he's really upset or something like that 

This was beautiful!

After 7 years this show felt like closure and birth of something new yet familiar.  I feel like I am finally ready to accept, to let go but never forget.

Its incredible what some guys from USA can do to my fragile heart.

I miss him so freaking much...its not healthy.

Amazing, love it a lot.

Emily fucking rockssss.

I think it was too strange for not having Brad there. Half the band was new today. When he's, it will feel way more Linkin Park.

Edited by vinifeijo

9 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

That's why I mentioned about the "bad blood", I hope that distance doesn't mean anything bad, that he's really upset or something like that 

I didn’t get that impression. I got more of a John Deacon from Queen vibe. The band started becoming more active and writing more, and Rob was just not into it.

Chester’s passing was traumatic, and years had passed at that point of them all doing their own thing. Seems like Rob chose to start a new chapter in his life outside of Linkin Park, and that’s his prerogative.