"Bleed It Out" ...and other rumblings

LPLStaff

It's time we address the "Bleed It Out" posts the band is making along with other activity.

Bleed It Out

Linkin Park, who has been notoriously quiet for years outside of the Hybrid Theory 20 and Meteora 20 box sets, the Papercuts celebration, random merch drops for anniversaries, and a few other fun posts, has started posting about "Bleed It Out." As fans have noticed, "Bleed It Out" was the only song not upgraded to 4K with the release of Papercuts earlier this year.

As such, Linkin Park has now months later in August begun posting about "Bleed It Out", with a series of clips - behind the scenes, the making of, live in Berlin, and rehearsing for SNL all four days in a row. As fans of the band know, LP is not a band to just post randomly on social media - there is a purpose to whatever they are doing. Could the video upgrade finally be coming and they are just teasing that? Or is there more to the story? Four days in a row with a post about a specific song means something is definitely up with the track.

Other Rumblings

Interestingly, Live Nation posted about Linkin Park for the first time in 7 years (the 'One More Light' era) this past week. Additionally, Sonic Temple Festival in Ohio posted about Linkin Park the very next day, saying, "Anyone else missing Linkin Park today? One of the most influential bands of all-time. Thank you Linkin for all that you have done for music and millions across the globe. Chester - Your legacy will never be forgotten."

Sonic Temple is run by Danny Wimmer Presents, the promoters of Rock on the Range which Linkin Park performed at in 2015. One of the partners in Danny Wimmer Presents is Danny Hayes, a former long-time lawyer for Linkin Park (even pictured with Xero). Ashley Shuman, executive assistant for Danny Wimmer Presents, commented, "Linkin Park is such an iconic band to so many of us. Their songs really hit you in the feels and listening to them always takes me back to my teenage years. Chester will always be missed."

All of this follows earlier reports in April of this year by Jay Gordon and Billboard that Linkin Park is looking at a female singer and is also fielding offers for shows.

Are the back-to-back posts by Live Nation and Sonic Temple just coincidences, or is there more to the story with them? Only time will tell, but we are keeping an eye out for more activity from promoters and more across the board.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really liked BIO. It's one of my least enjoyed LP songs as a hard-time fan. I could never really get into it. IF they re-release this with a new lead or remaster it or whatever, i'll prob not care at all. if they use it as their comeback single, as a re-release of some sorts, then I'll be extremely disappointed. I really hope this is just about a video upgrade and nothing else. My personal idea is that it's a remastered video, but the multiple social posts are too boost the singles plays, cranking LP's relevancy across the platforms, kinda like revving their engine before the NEW announcements come. 

I can't see BIO being the core of a possible comeback, it's far from their most recognizable songs.

But those festivals mentioning LP all out of nowhere, that's a clue!

Edited by vinifeijo

The video for Bleed It Out needs the remaster like salt, together with Leave Out All The Rest they have the lowest image quality (LOATR no more :-)). I just have a panic fear that it won't be censored, as the current version on the official LP profile is censored and Live in Texas was also censored after the remaster...

55 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

> Live in Texas was also censored after the remaster...

Live in Texas was always censored.

Perhaps it was never censored, perhaps the band, knowing they were being filmed automatically, muted themselves out when any of them dropped an F-bomb.  

Edited by bloodbath

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

Perhaps it was never censored, perhaps the band, knowing they were being filmed automatically, muted themselves out when any of them dropped an F-bomb.  

They actually had to do that in China.

Generic post today about the video upgrades makes me think it's just a BIO upgrade coming. 

If they mentioned Mike's AO rendition that might point to something bigger? But this just feels like social filler w it having taken longer than expected to get the BIO video remastered but now it's ready 

My outrageous fantasy guest is for them to take the stage somewhere w the new vocalist doing a new bleed it out rendition and their new song 

I'm hoping we get an updated Bleed It Out as right now it's only available in 360p on youtube. But then again they also posted advertising the Numb/Encore [Live] being a 4K Upgrade but it's actually only 1080p so who knows if they are even able to do 4K on some videos and possibly just release it in 1080p instead.

From Mike's website today:

"Hey everyone! I've been locked away in the lab for a while, in between a couple summer trips. So many exciting things planned for you. In the meantime, I posted a new piece of art--you can find it in The Bazaar. For those of you who are Zig holders / digital art collectors, you can use your keys for a discount, as usual."