Dead By Sunrise show & Rolling Stone interview

LESTAT

Songs about chaz having sex = NO

Songs inspired in sex, passion & love = YES

I dont care guys, to me the music goes first, lyrics second.

He was replying to a quote of a quote where SP&IP said that love songs are lame, and Astat edited the quote to make it any sone LP made after MTM, and then the other guy thought Astat was trying to say that those songs suck too when he wasnt...clear?

Now anyway, love songs can be very heavy. Take When Girls Telephone Boys by Deftones as an example. Heavy as hell but still a love song.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they won't do that again, didn't they say they were half finished with the album already? With minutes to midnight they went and started re-recording the album completely, after writing about a hundred demos, narrowing it down to 50, and throwing away most of them. Unlike M2M, they actually have a set idea for this album and know what they are doing, they didn't during the making of M2M. Anyway, back on the current topic, all I'm hoping to see from this show is a recording and a great performance. I would love to go to Vegas, ESPECIALLY to see my favorite singer live, unfortunately I can't so a recording is the best I can hope for.

Uh, dude? Go ahead and listen to 90% of todays lyrics, and you'll find that most are "love songs" in one way or another...

And did your mother ever teach you, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all??

aka, STFU

Maybe 90 percent of your lyrics. The lyrics I tend to listen to have nothing to do with love.

Chester's at his best when he's pissed. I was at the first dbs show and the best song was my suffering because it displayed that energy and aggression. I didn't think love songs were the direction that DBS was headed because mike described it as a rock record. We'll see though but my initial reaction is that's a bad sign.

Also why am I chastised over everything I say? I understand we all love lp, but just like you're allowed to have an opinion on a topic, so am I.

I'm sure they won't do that again, didn't they say they were half finished with the album already? With minutes to midnight they went and started re-recording the album completely, after writing about a hundred demos, narrowing it down to 50, and throwing away most of them. Unlike M2M, they actually have a set idea for this album and know what they are doing, they didn't during the making of M2M. Anyway, back on the current topic, all I'm hoping to see from this show is a recording and a great performance. I would love to go to Vegas, ESPECIALLY to see my favorite singer live, unfortunately I can't so a recording is the best I can hope for.

Where'd you hear about them being half done?

Maybe 90 percent of your lyrics. The lyrics I tend to listen to have nothing to do with love.

Chester's at his best when he's pissed. I was at the first dbs show and the best song was my suffering because it displayed that energy and aggression. I didn't think love songs were the direction that DBS was headed because mike described it as a rock record. We'll see though but my initial reaction is that's a bad sign.

Also why am I chastised over everything I say? I understand we all love lp, but just like you're allowed to have an opinion on a topic, so am I.

I was talking about 90% of all lyrics, not just what I or you listen to. But I do agree fully that Chaz is at his best when he is pissed, I think that you took what was in the article too literally.

I didn't think love songs were the direction that DBS was headed because mike described it as a rock record.

You're chastised because you say things like this. If you had only said "Chester is at his best when he is pissed," then I would not have said anything.

It's when you act so narrow-minded to suggest that a song about love can't be a rock song, or a GOOD song, that you get criticized. Broaden your horizons a bit.

Or someone just records the show from the screens, it's as easy as that.

Were there ever screens on Club Tattoo shows? :huh:

I don't remember seeing them on any of the show's videos. I might be wrong though.

Were there ever screens on Club Tattoo shows? :huh:

I don't remember seeing them on any of the show's videos. I might be wrong though.

Its says on the flier that they will be broadcasting it on screens in the Miracle Mall and on Las Vegas Blvd.

Where'd you hear about them being half done?

I'm not sure, I actually might've been thinking about an old article I read for My Chemical Romance's new album, I was really tired last night wasn't really thinking, my bad.

I'm not sure, I actually might've been thinking about an old article I read for My Chemical Romance's new album, I was really tired last night wasn't really thinking, my bad.

*facepalce* my hopes up for this album to come up earlier were just taken down when you said that.

*facepalce* my hopes up for this album to come up earlier were just taken down when you said that.

He's actually right, Mike said about half of the songs are already completed for the new album.

"I'd say we've got about half the music done, though I shouldn't say halfway because who knows how long the next batch of songs will take".

Source- http://lptimes.com/news2009/may/news05232009.html

Its says on the flier that they will be broadcasting it on screens in the Miracle Mall and on Las Vegas Blvd.

Someone have to record it either from the screens or live...

want to see that...I don't care if the song is about love, sex or whatever....

Seriously...stfu. For ONCE. All you ever do is complain about anything that LP does. This isn't even LP, just because it has something to do involving a member from LP, you still bash it. You haven't even heard the album yet. 'Love' songs doesn't mean the top 40 pop bullshit, love songs can be dark, love songs can be heavy, a love song could even be fucking death metal, or a love song can be very soft, it doesn't matter. You have absolutely no knowledge of music at all. Why do you need to be a member of any LP site? All you do is complain. Do you like anything the band does? Or just Meteora and prior? Seriously...grow up. The band isn't going to cater to you, they could give a fuck what you want to hear. They make what they want, they make music for the people that want to hear it. If you don't like LP's music, don't listen to them. Plain and simple.

HEY what the fuck is going here? be nice and once again if u have problem between each of u guys, get out of here!. just behave!...ALL YOU GUYS CALM DOWN!...and stay on the god damn topic please :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

He was replying to a quote of a quote where SP&IP said that love songs are lame, and Astat edited the quote to make it any sone LP made after MTM, and then the other guy thought Astat was trying to say that those songs suck too when he wasnt...clear?

No, no, no. I know what Astat wanted to say:

Anything related to LP since 2007 = Love songs.

And that is wrong, because of the songs I mentioned in my reply.

Btw, where is 4.0? Shouldn't it go online in May or something?

Seriously...stfu. For ONCE. All you ever do is complain about anything that LP does. This isn't even LP, just because it has something to do involving a member from LP, you still bash it. You haven't even heard the album yet. 'Love' songs doesn't mean the top 40 pop bullshit, love songs can be dark, love songs can be heavy, a love song could even be fucking death metal, or a love song can be very soft, it doesn't matter. You have absolutely no knowledge of music at all. Why do you need to be a member of any LP site? All you do is complain. Do you like anything the band does? Or just Meteora and prior? Seriously...grow up. The band isn't going to cater to you, they could give a fuck what you want to hear. They make what they want, they make music for the people that want to hear it. If you don't like LP's music, don't listen to them. Plain and simple.

In America there is such a thing as freedom of speech and expression, deal with it. Just because you don't agree with my opinion that doesn't make yours superior.