"QWERTY" Release & YouTube Afterparty - April 12

LPLStaff

2 minutes ago, martinez said:

No that much new content actually. Like half of the content was taken from the LPTVs which were released years ago.

Reveal hidden contents

Working title for QWERTY was QWERTY.

whoa, didn't see that working title coming tbh

I never realized people didn't know that QWERTY was a working title. I remember when the song was debuted we were waiting for an official release to see what the final title would be and when LPU 6 came out, people were saying the studio version was "obviously a demo" and that the final version would sound different and have a different title. Before the Minutes To Midnight tracklist was announced, some sites had "Behind Your Lies" or "Lies" listed as one of the potential songs on the album because that's what they thought the final title of QWERTY would be.

The video is well done by Mark Fiore. It encompasses footage of the LPTV episode from Japan 2006, Making of MTM DVD footage, and some unreleased cuts throughout, along with Phoenix (modern day) talking about the song. It's a great feature on the song and explains its history well.

Ironically what I thought was Third Encore 2006 rehearsal footage (Mike talking in the dressing room, not the band on stage footage obviously) is actually from Zepp Tokyo 2006.

There is more Tokyo footage, some Sendai footage, and more proshot QWERTY 2006 footage (including Kotaro). With what exists, he crushed this. There is obviously no fall 2006 footage of them recording QWERTY in the studio or else that'd have been here, which is interesting. Maybe they recorded it at the Korn Studio immediately after Japan before they started bringing Mark in to film for MTM.

Next big thing... fingers crossed... that full Summer Sonic Tokyo 2006 show would be huge for a release. Man.

39 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The video is well done by Mark Fiore. It encompasses footage of the LPTV episode from Japan 2006, Making of MTM DVD footage, and some unreleased cuts throughout, along with Phoenix (modern day) talking about the song. It's a great feature on the song and explains its history well.

Ironically what I thought was Third Encore 2006 rehearsal footage (Mike talking in the dressing room, not the band on stage footage obviously) is actually from Zepp Tokyo 2006.

There is more Tokyo footage, some Sendai footage, and more proshot QWERTY 2006 footage (including Kotaro). With what exists, he crushed this. There is obviously no fall 2006 footage of them recording QWERTY in the studio or else that'd have been here, which is interesting. Maybe they recorded it at the Korn Studio immediately after Japan before they started bringing Mark in to film for MTM.

Next big thing... fingers crossed... that full Summer Sonic Tokyo 2006 show would be huge for a release. Man.

Those 2 concert are holy grails, so many special moments, not just QWERTY. Damn If they put out one of those 2 + Rock Am Ring 07 they already won 🤣

Edited by ShineWolf

38 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

My dream is to watch the full PROSHOT of this show Tokyo 2006.

Is there any way we can ask the band for this? It would be incredible for them to release this full show.

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

What about the MTM 20 box set? Perfect chance to release it as it was an "escape from the studio" run of shows, and has a new song on it from the MTM sessions.

still 3 years to go lol
If the band releases this show on DVD we will wait anxiously lol

When the band starts collecting materials for the box, someone has to let them know that we need this show in full video lol

They for sure know if they've paid this close attention to forums/social media/fan requests for the Projekt Revolution 2002 DVD, "thoughts that take away my pride", Pictureboard, She Couldn't, etc. They are doing everything right with the box sets. 10/10. 

Just now, LPLStaff said:

They for sure know if they've paid this close attention to forums/social media/fan requests for the Projekt Revolution 2002 DVD, "thoughts that take away my pride", Pictureboard, She Couldn't, etc. They are doing everything right with the box sets. 10/10. 

IF SOMEONE FROM THE LABEL IS READING THIS

I NEED YESTERNUMB FOR CC20 MIXED BY ETHAN MATES! 

36 minutes ago, demoncarnotaur said:

It's been ages since I listened to the non-live version of QWERTY. Is there anything new with the mix?

No new mix/mastering, just quality upgrade.

I still do like the studio version of QWERTY but I have the same issues I have with some THP tracks. 
About the title, I think it is a similar situation to Figure 09, the title matched with lyrics would be “behind your lies” as much as Figure09 could have been “become you” or something like that, but I love them keeping the demo title 

7 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

YouTube Premium.

What a stupid cashgrab, just like the whole Paper cuts project is.

I've been an LP fan since 2007 but this is the dumbest move that they've ever made 

On 4/12/2024 at 7:46 PM, LPLStaff said:

Didn't the company who owned the Smoke Out 2003 footage say the band was looking to get a lot of old shows (including that one) for 'historic reasons'? Let's cross fingers big time if means they're trying to get all the available high quality shows out there.

21 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

YouTube premium offers a free trial don't be a dick

Agreed.

Also it's weird for anyone to imply that the band themselves requested that the video be a YouTube Premium exclusive. That's almost certainly a Warner/Google thing.

Edited by Justin