Friendly Fire: A Capella + Instrumental

martinez

On Friday March 29, new edition of Friendly Fire single will be out on all digital platforms. The single contains official acapella and instrumental version of the song.

Tracklist:

01.Friendly Fire (A Capella) (2:58)

02.Friendly Fire (Instrumental) (2:56)

Source: Apple Music, Qobuz

The instrumentals + acappelas are a really weird situation with LP... they released the ones from the least popular albums and the ones that people needed remain unreleased.

specially the ones from HT and Meteora were the most needed... back then there was a huge remix community that needed those albums so bad.

15 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

The instrumentals + acappelas are a really weird situation with LP... they released the ones from the least popular albums and the ones that people needed remain unreleased.

specially the ones from HT and Meteora were the most needed... back then there was a huge remix community that needed those albums so bad.

Yeah it’s so weird that we got THP and LT instrumentals and acapellas on streaming services and no HT M and MTM which are the most successful albums by them. Like, we don’t have ITE or Numb instrumentals but we have War and UIB. So weird 

I was gonna say, weird that this will exist but not for the rest of OML, also surprising they never did it for Lost or any M20 songs last year. A remix contest seems such an effective and simple engagement strategy these days 

19 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I was gonna say, weird that this will exist but not for the rest of OML, also surprising they never did it for Lost or any M20 songs last year. A remix contest seems such an effective and simple engagement strategy these days 

yeah it could boost the streams/interest up. imagine a Lost remix contest with dozens of electronic/edm/etc remixes like they did with The Catalyst or stuff like that

5 hours ago, RYG4R said:

Damn, it's like fast food. Instant delivery.

haha! Good thing I am in the middle of making a new EP so It was simply getting a rip of his acapella from the OG track 4 weeks ago off YouTube and working some studio magic around his vocals.

Edited by AceWav

4 hours ago, RYG4R said:

Another shitty cashgrab by WB.

Didn't have "LPLive community devolves to the point of complaining about getting official instrumentals/acapellas" on my 2024 bingo card, but here we are I guess.

2 hours ago, Astat said:

Didn't have "LPLive community devolves to the point of complaining about getting official instrumentals/acapellas" on my 2024 bingo card, but here we are I guess.

I wouldn’t say we’re devolving, we’re really just sharing what we think about the release. I wouldn’t complain personally but I’d like it if more songs had these, so we don’t have to rip the tracks with flawed AI that we pay for.

Not a fan of OML as much as other things LP did. Now an official Acapella/instrumental of Lost would’ve had me jumping in my boots. But I’m happy and glad they’re still putting out stuff whatever it is I’m definitely willing to listen to it. I’ve still got my personal opinion that Meteora is a better album than OML. So I’m just not super stoked about a Friendly Fire instrumental and acapella. Doesn’t mean I’m not grateful for everything LP has given to us throughout all these years. And also, obviously but of course, being a fan doesn’t mean you have to love everything a band has ever created.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

12 hours ago, RYG4R said:

I don't get this comment at all. Like, they released a capella and instrumentals all the time in their career, they challenged fans with remix contests... I can get the criticism over Papercuts in general, I do think a GH in 2024 is kinda pointless, but a cashgrab for ... this ? As if Warner is making a lot of money out of A capella and instrumental FF on streaming.

7 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I wouldn’t say we’re devolving, we’re really just sharing what we think about the release. I wouldn’t complain personally but I’d like it if more songs had these, so we don’t have to rip the tracks with flawed AI that we pay for.

There are many free options available now. Nobody should be paying for AI vocal/instrumental separation at this point.

14 hours ago, RYG4R said:

Please explain to me how they are going to make any impactful income from this? The couple of listens this gets is basically a rounding error that probably covers the cost it took to put this out. 

19 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

19 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

Yeah it’s so weird that we got THP and LT instrumentals and acapellas on streaming services and no HT M and MTM which are the most successful albums by them. Like, we don’t have ITE or Numb instrumentals but we have War and UIB. So weird 

8 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Instrumental versions of every album are out there. Even full multitracks for a lot of album songs. You don't need to use AI to get them and you don't need to wait for an official release. Unless you're talking about demos and b-sides. If that's the case, it would be unrealistic expecting the band to release instrumentals and acapellas for those. Friendly Fire got them because it's a single.

Seems like the acapella outro might have been one of the big changes, I'm dying to hear the 2017 version now

Also really cool to see Brad is still into working with their older material, I hope that means we get more releases of some OML stuff or maybe even stuff like LFTA 

Edited by YRQRM0

3 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Instrumental versions of every album are out there. Even full multitracks for a lot of album songs. You don't need to use AI to get them and you don't need to wait for an official release. Unless you're talking about demos and b-sides. If that's the case, it would be unrealistic expecting the band to release instrumentals and acapellas for those. Friendly Fire got them because it's a single.

The only thing confusing about that is not getting them for Lost, a single.  Maybe it’s because it was on a “demo” CD idrk. Maybe we’ll still get them one day though.